PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2006, 03:48 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
PPCGeeks from phpBB to vbulletin....

what do yall think if I made that move....making our site more like the pros of course only if I can find a good wap module. Ideas comments and what not....Im all ears.
~Mike

posted twice to get more views without adding another sticky

Old 10-01-2006, 10:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good workbunnytrigger is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to bunnytrigger Send a message via MSN to bunnytrigger Send a message via Yahoo to bunnytrigger Send a message via Skype™ to bunnytrigger
why not, lets give it a try

haven't you heard? corporations are the new government. They're constitutionally-exempt.

92% of teens have moved onto WoW. if you are part of the 8% that still play REAL games, copy n paste

Old 10-01-2006, 10:25 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
I run a couple of vB sites, and have imported 1 from phpBB.

How familiar are you (and the other admins) with vB? Its alot different than phpBB.

If you need any help, I would be more than happy to offer assistance. I've been running vB for a few years now, and although I'm not a pro by any means, I'm still pretty good at it.

As far as the WAP module...There's a couple options. There's a few "Lite" styles that you could use that work pretty well for a PDA but not so much a cell phone. Then there's always WiForums which I believe is what they use on SU...but its not free.
Old 10-05-2006, 07:16 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

silver-eagle is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to silver-eagle Send a message via AIM to silver-eagle Send a message via Yahoo to silver-eagle
Most of the other sites I use are vB. It took a little getting used to, but I like it. I've used php before. It's okay. Just different.
Preference would be vB, but if you don't change, it won't kill me.
Old 10-05-2006, 08:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: NA
Carrier: at&t

EnJaNir is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to EnJaNir Send a message via Yahoo to EnJaNir
Old 10-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
pmed u a link
Old 10-06-2006, 09:12 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I like vB more, but I think it is because most of the forums I visit use it. This is still a great site reguardless of the software that runs it.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements