PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2009, 08:52 AM
The Voice of Reason
Pocket PC: PPC 6700/Touch Diamond/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Big D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on repBig D5 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What goes in the upgrade forums

I am a frequent ROM flasher I try a lot of the ROM's that come out for the TP I spend every weekend flashing its lots of fun. What isn't lots of fun is spending the first 45 minutes to an hour each day moving threads from the upgrade forums to the main forum. For example I moved 5 threads today. Back on April 22 there was a rule change made we are now only allowing posts containing ROM's Radio's, and Kitchen's to be posted in the upgrade forums for each device.

A sticky was posted in all the upgrade forums here is how it reads:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
To try to keep the forums a little cleaner, we are asking that you ONLY start threads in the Upgrade forums that are to release a ROM, Kitchen, or Radio.

If you have a question about a specific ROM/Radio/Kitchen, then please post it in the appropriate thread.

ALL other threads should be the the device's forum (for example, those related to hardware, GPS, bluetooth, etc).

If you have a reg edit or tweak...if it applies to multiple devices, then please post it in the 'PPC Registry Tweaks' forum and list which devices its compatible with. If it is device specific, then post it in the device forum, NOT the Upgrades forums.

If you're not sure where to post something, then post it in the device's forum and a staff member can always move it.
If you have questions concerns requests problems with a particular ROM post in the ROM thread that you are enquiring about. If you have something that you feel needs/deserves a new thread post up but post it in the Main Forum for your device. We all know the rule change so the helpful people of the PPCGeeks family that are wanting to help and answer your question will be looking for you to be asking the questions in the main forum so rest easy your questions will get answered. This will keep the upgrade forums clean allowing ROM lovers like myself to be able to check out the latest and greatest ROMS form our great Cooks without having the first page of the Upgrade forms filled with posts asking questions.

Thanks for your understanding

Dave

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q&R were missing.
“It is from numberless diverse acts of courage and belief that human history is shaped. Each time a man stands up for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends forth a tiny ripple of hope.”

Robert Kennedy

Ha y'all come visit me at WMExperts some time.

Last edited by Big D5; 05-03-2009 at 08:56 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:04 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: What goes in the upgrade forums

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post

PS: This is what part of the alphabet would look like if Q&R were missing.
I had to sing the alphabet to understand this.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 05-03-2009, 01:39 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBR_L3GION View Post
I had to sing the alphabet to understand this.
same rofl

Old 05-03-2009, 07:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

nosajs is a n00b

great quote.....r.i.p. mitch hedberg
Old 05-04-2009, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Mod(s)/Admin(s)/Owner(s):

Could you eventually make a "cook" status on the site, give them a few extra privileges and give them a dedicated section where they are the only ones allowed to post new threads?

Seems like with vBulletin it would be pretty straight forward to create a new account type, create a forum/category for cooks to release their builds, (or customize the existing one)?

Please let me know if there is something wrong with that idea that won't work over here. I'll be glad to learn.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:30 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

That's a possibility quarky, but the only problem with that is the legwork behind it. Every chef would have to let me know so I could add them to the group. Once they're added its fine, but as new chefs come about they would have to notify me. Myself and Mike are the only 2 people that can change someones member group.

We'll discuss it and see if its a possibility though.
Old 05-04-2009, 10:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

sk8rjess is just getting started

sorry, i def added to this issue earlier
Old 05-05-2009, 01:10 AM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Also, the upgrade forums are trashed by noobs who don't read and have trouble flashing ROMs. I get so annoyed with the Titan forums and all the noobs who post "Help I bricked my phone" or "Assurion gave me a TP". For the love of God, get these people to search. We want PPCGeeks to look nice and be a valuable imformation source, not a trash forum like PDAPhoneHome or HowardForums.

If you enjoy my work or I have helped you out, and you want to send some love my way... it's appreciated but not required.
Old 05-05-2009, 06:41 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDAPhoneJunkie View Post
Also, the upgrade forums are trashed by noobs who don't read and have trouble flashing ROMs. I get so annoyed with the Titan forums and all the noobs who post "Help I bricked my phone" or "Assurion gave me a TP". For the love of God, get these people to search. We want PPCGeeks to look nice and be a valuable imformation source, not a trash forum like PDAPhoneHome or HowardForums.
Don't worry...we won't let the place get trashy.

If you (or anyone) come across threads that are duplicates of existing threads fire off a pm to any of the staff here and we can close/merge those threads.

Also remember that we are getting new members everyday, and to the veterans of the site it sure it can be very bothersome to see the same old subjects coming up time and time again. Post up a link for the noobs and fire of a pm for the staff to close/merge.

late,
Coz
Old 05-06-2009, 05:38 PM
My ROMS On My Site
Pocket PC: Vogue
Carrier: Verizon

PDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIPPDAPhoneJunkie is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Don't worry...we won't let the place get trashy.

If you (or anyone) come across threads that are duplicates of existing threads fire off a pm to any of the staff here and we can close/merge those threads.

Also remember that we are getting new members everyday, and to the veterans of the site it sure it can be very bothersome to see the same old subjects coming up time and time again. Post up a link for the noobs and fire of a pm for the staff to close/merge.

late,
Coz
Thanks coz

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements