PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Site News & Announcements Forum (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=66918)

mindfrost82 04-29-2009 09:57 PM

Site News & Announcements Forum

I'm setting up the Site News & Announcements forum so that only staff members can start threads here. All members can reply to threads as comments.

All threads started in this forum will now show up on the Portal (home) page as News. So for those of you that use the portal, this will add another feature to it.

Dr.8820 04-29-2009 11:00 PM

Re: Site News & Announcements Forum

i can't see the members logged in list but maybe too many budweisers

mindfrost82 04-29-2009 11:07 PM

I turned that off on the homepage. Its still on the bottom of the forum page though.

There was just WAAAY too many users for that little column.

Dr.8820 04-29-2009 11:10 PM

i thought it would be at the bottom but it's not there.(i hope my pc is ok or maybe the change hasn't kicked in yet)
just checked again and it goes to the very bottom but no list.

rstoyguy 04-29-2009 11:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I use the home page(button), and not the forum page to see who's online and check for new posts... But also when you hit the home button, those three announcements now are buggin me. I tried to minimize them, but when I refresh they appear again, expanded. I've already read them and the purpose of hitting the home key is so I can quickly read the latest posts. Now I gotta scroll down 2 browser windows worth to get to the forum posts.

I'd like to vote to put it back the way it was. :) I'd attach those three little new boxes (announcements?) to the top of the "forum" button imho...

mindfrost82 04-30-2009 09:36 AM

I made a few changes. I moved the Welcome panel to the right side to clear some space at the top.

I added the Who's Online thing back, but its in the middle now at the very bottom.

puff 04-30-2009 10:11 AM

Who's Online is avail thru both the Home and Forum tab...

demonlordoftheround 04-30-2009 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rstoyguy (Post 885725)
I use the home page(button), and not the forum page to see who's online and check for new posts... But also when you hit the home button, those three announcements now are buggin me. I tried to minimize them, but when I refresh they appear again, expanded. I've already read them and the purpose of hitting the home key is so I can quickly read the latest posts. Now I gotta scroll down 2 browser windows worth to get to the forum posts.

I'd like to vote to put it back the way it was. :) I'd attach those three little new boxes (announcements?) to the top of the "forum" button imho...

Same sentiments. Maybe move the notices under the latest posts?

Dr.8820 04-30-2009 07:43 PM

i guess it takes getting used to. i'm just used to seeing everyone "by my side" lol!

Boyoungirl 05-01-2009 05:01 AM

ok'i see