PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Test New WAP Site Allows for mobile downloads!

I'm trying out a new style for the WAP page.

If you want to try it out, please go to this link on your PDA:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php?styleid=8

Please report back if you like it or not. I think it adds more functionality than the one we're currently using.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (6900)
Carrier: Sprint /AT&T 3125 for work

jayresc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jayresc
Re: Test New WAP Site

Took a little longer to load, but other from that I like it. Looks more like the real site making it easier to search and browse the site.

Thanks.
Old 03-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

That's good. Once we get more feedback I might make the wap link point to that style instead of the current one we're using.
Old 03-14-2008, 02:00 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

yes it took longer to load for mee as well, but i honestly cant tell one single difference between this and the normal site... what differences are we looking for? are there comparison shots maybe?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
yes it took longer to load for mee as well, but i honestly cant tell one single difference between this and the normal site... what differences are we looking for? are there comparison shots maybe?
I believe this one gives you the ability to reply to PMs (I don't think you could in the old version), I think you can also use Quick Reply in this version, and also access your full UserCP.

EDIT: I also think you can download attachments with the new version...it also adds some features for the Mods too.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:19 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

I think what naut meant is he can't tell the difference between WAP and the standard Marvel2 theme. I noticed the same thing, but then I clicked the link from my desktop. Maybe it looks different on my phone.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 03-14-2008, 03:21 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

Just tested it on my phone, and it still looks just like the Marvel2 theme. What is the difference between the new WAP and Marvel2?
Old 03-14-2008, 03:23 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

This is what it looks like on my desktop...it should look like this on your phone as well.

You have to use the link above, not the normal WAP link.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (217.1 KB, 97 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-14-2008, 03:24 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

I just noticed something which might be why it wasn't working for you guys...try it now.
Old 03-14-2008, 03:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

I like it. Snappy for me in loading. Much easier to read in my opinion...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements