PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 01:35 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07
Question New rules?

Does anybody have any new rules they think should be incorporated into the Main Rule's Thread? I myself cannot incorporate them, but maybe if there is enough agreement on a certain new rule, it could be added by a MOD...
Old 12-09-2008, 03:26 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Re: New rules?

I'm glad you spoke out about this, but one of my original ideas of an additional rule is that there should be no type of comments being made regarding race, color, or creed. Here we are all human, and we are all family as well as we bleed the same blood.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-09-2008, 03:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
I'm glad you spoke out about this, but one of my original ideas of an additional rule is that there should be no type of comments being made regarding race, color, or creed. Here we are all human, and we are all family as well as we bleed the same blood.
i definey agree with that, Blas
Old 12-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Threadstarter

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

I agree... No comments on race, color, creed, or OS.. Disagreement on a subject is fine.. It is great... If the disagreement can foster discussion and debate on an issue or idea, then that is best.. It is best to agree to disagree then to argue and be disrespectful towards one another...
Old 12-09-2008, 03:49 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

very eloquently put...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:55 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

havent seen any post with any making and comments like that. Am I just not paying attention???

I have a pretty thick skin personally. So it takes alot to offend me. Mostly because no one's opinion of me ever matters to me other than my son.

But I can see if some type of comment was made, how someone else could get offended. I think I reported one post only because it was truly disrespecful to someone else. Other than, GEEK OUT@!

Old 12-09-2008, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

no prob bro, but hey..cud u(hell ne1 that wud kno) check dis out for me??
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=48290

im prolly missin sumthin..but thats da point of this source, right?? im REALLY tryna catch this type of understanding with ppc and pc
Old 12-14-2008, 08:06 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Hawaiian80 is becoming a great contributor

I realize that I am a new member, but I have read my share in this forum so I would like the opportunity to offer my $.02 worth as well.

I am new to this whole idea of revising phones so I am learning how to do it all. I use this forum as my main tool to try things with my phone and learn. As I research ways to make my phone "my own" and do what I want, I have come across so many forums with threads that are very informative and truly educational. And then there are others...oh well, you know what I mean.

If I may, I'd like the owners and moderators to consider these ideas. Whether implemented or not, at least I've tried to put my point across. Here goes...

First of all, I agree with Blasphemous_Prime...

Quote:
Originally Posted by blasphemous_prime View Post
...there should be no type of comments being made regarding race, color, or creed. Here we are all human, and we are all family as well as we bleed the same blood.
Regardless of ranking, be respectful in replying to all messages. If you wouldn't post that message to yourself, then don't post it at all.

Suggestions for Rankings:
New Member - ANYONE new to the forum for a specified length of time unless invited to be here by one of the owners or moderators for their knowledge of the subject material. Probationary period for posting messages. Or somehow prior to allowing a new member to post messages, acknowledge an agreement that they have read the rules prior to posting and agree to search subject matter before posting or get banned.
Member - Anyone who is a part of this forum, without regard to the amount of messages posted, feedback or length of time.
An example would be members discussing applications, almost to the point of chatting with each other but on a thread. So, for that reason I don't feel that the amount of messages posted should matter.
As far as ranking by feedback. Different topics may have more feedback than others and some of the thanks I have seen are more than deserving, others are not.
THEREFORE...
Junior Member/Senior Member...let's lose it. We are ALL members. (At least right now I consider myself as one. We'll see after this post I guess).
Moderators/Owners - Gold star near their names with "Moderator or Owner" posted in their messages/replies.
New category or revise Senior Member - Would be an assistant to the moderators without any moderator powers, who are knowledgeable in the area of what this membership is trying to accomplish, recognized by the owners and moderators as a team member, and maybe a recognition of sorts a green star, red star, etc. to indicate their status to the rest of the membership. Someone with the status for the rest of the membership to look up to.
How does one gain this status? It should clear to the owners and moderators which members know what they are talking about and are dedicated to this group. After review, possibly nomination procedure and vote used by the owners and moderators, this person can be offered that position. If accepted, then he/she gains that status. And, I'm sure this position would be looked at by the owners and moderators for a vote to join their status as a moderator in the future.
This is a great place for me to learn. I am happy to be here and accepted as a member of the PPCGEEKS FAMILY!!! I am hoping these ideas, at the very least, be considered. Then I feel I have done my part to make my family here a better place.

Thank you for taking the time in reading this.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:10 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i personally think that noobs should stop gettin up in peoples grill. i have responded too numerous threads made by noobs and gotten badly screwed via post or pm. i think we need to increase noob banning when they are out of line... show some respect. HOWEVER this certaintly does not go for all noobs. just today i told someone to say thanks and he posted the words thanks again then i said no the button and we both got a good laugh about it.

EDIT: Also i think that we are in need of a new mod generation. some forums have 50+ mods or people with moderating capabilities. On here i would say we have 5 regulars with modding capabilities and for a site of this size thats not enough IMHO.

Last edited by hibby50; 12-14-2008 at 08:16 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 08:15 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i agree with prime, i have seen way too many members on other sites acting very abusive to other members. i am so glad the site here is the way it is. sure we poke fun but thats it. ive always said i dont mind recomending this site to any person of almost any age. nice thread big daddy.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements