PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 10:24 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
[12/04/08] Please delete un-needed subscriptions

EVERYONE:

Part of our server load issues have been related to emails. While the "Instant Email Notification" is nice, it can also cause a huge load on the server. Imagine if there's a thread with 500 replies and half of those people are subscribed with email notifications, that would be 250 emails the server has to send out at once.

PLEASE go through your subscriptions here and delete ones that you no longer need.

You can see if you're setup for email notifications by looking in the Notifications column.

You can delete multiple subscriptions by using the check boxes on the right side and using the drop-down box at the bottom.

Please do this as soon as you can, especially if you're subscribed to any large threads that gets lots of replies.

Also, please try to do this every once in a while to help the server load. Help us help you

Thanks!

EDIT: Also make sure you check all pages. There's probably more than one page of subscriptions.

EDIT 2: If you have alot of subscriptions and you know you don't want any of them, post a reply in this thread and ask me to delete them all, I can do it with the click of a button.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [12/04/08] Please delete un-needed subscriptions

subscriptions without email notification are ok to keep right?
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue + Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

CenFlo is becoming a great contributor

No email notification for me, amigos.

I've always found that to be uber-annoying

and obviously very

bandwidth unfriendly.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

osva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good workosva is keeping up the good work

"Instant Email Notification" has never worked for me..
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:36 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenoran View Post
subscriptions without email notification are ok to keep right?
Yeah. Earlier when the server was timing out I saw that there were 1000 emails in the queue and the Exim email server was using a huge chunk of the CPU.

So subscriptions with no notifications is fine, just try to clean up the ones that are emailed.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:36 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

i am having big problems frosty! it wants me to view a thread and it is a dead link so i cant do anything... i have to logout then navigate then log in... i have a feeling we are under a ddos attack.

Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibby50 View Post
i am having big problems frosty! it wants me to view a thread and it is a dead link so i cant do anything... i have to logout then navigate then log in... i have a feeling we are under a ddos attack.
It wants you to view this thread. Once you do that message should go away.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Nagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good workNagual is keeping up the good work

I think I got this for exactly ONE thread, but looking over all my subscribed threads now, no checkboxes checked...smart of you guys to inform everyone of this, though. Good luck. If you need contributions for server expenses or anything I'm sure many generous souls here would help out, this is a very valuable site to many folks.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 10:38 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

no i click it and the link is dead... prime said he got the same thing... seems to be workin now...
Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Also make sure you check all pages. There's probably more than one page of subscriptions.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements