PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Topic Reply Notification Email

Maybe Wideawake should be the one announcing this, but I just finished getting it setup, so I thought I'd pass along the word.

From now on, when you receive an email that a topic you're watching has been replied to, it will include the name of the person that posted the reply as well as the message that they posted. Not a major update, but I think it's very useful to actually get some information when receiving that email!

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 03-23-2007, 09:02 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
Sweet!!! Thanks for adding this. Another site I post at did away with email like this, for some reason it was confusing new members.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 03-23-2007, 09:04 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP
Yeah, I read somewhere that the users would reply to the email instead of on the forum. But your gonna have idiots wherever you go, so...
Old 03-23-2007, 10:22 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
I really like this idea as well. Give me a preview before I log on just to see a needless post.

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 04-24-2007, 11:44 PM
I love root
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

dannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIPdannzeman is a VIP
I was just wondering if anyone else receives the email several hours after the post has been posted? Why does it take so long to send out the email? I'm not complaining or anything, I love the system. I'm just curious as to how it works and if I'm the only experiencing this.
Lesson learned don't work on PPC while drinking.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:32 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to budney
I have had a few emails come way later, but other email from other forums have been doing the same lately. So I think in my case it is Yahoo and not the site.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:13 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Nice work

Nice work, that should help a lot! You don't have to read everyone now to see who they are! Yeah!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 05-01-2007, 05:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone 6+
Carrier: AT&T

JackSchitt28 is keeping up the good workJackSchitt28 is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma
Yeah, I read somewhere that the users would reply to the email instead of on the forum. But your gonna have idiots wherever you go, so...
man, you read my mind.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements