PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   NEW FEATURE: Post Thanks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23898)

mindfrost82 04-12-2008 01:24 PM

NEW FEATURE: Post Thanks

Show how thankful you are when someone makes a useful post.

In every post there is now a Thanks button (near the Reply and Quote buttons).

By clicking that button your name will appear under the post as saying thanks and you will add to the posters reputation.

EDIT:

I changed a few settings. I made it so that you need 50 posts to use this Thanks method (since it adds more rep than using the scales), but I also made it count as a post. So whenever you give thanks with this button it'll count as a post. I also made it so that you can't give thanks to more than 20 posts in a day.

GirlGoneGeek 04-12-2008 01:37 PM

Re: NEW FEATURE: Post Thanks

hehe, nice!

Lsme420 04-12-2008 02:11 PM

Wow your just breaking out with all kinds of new things. I like how on their public profile you can see how many times they have been thanked and what about. It just might start to be the new Rep count I use for others. Like if they have lots of thanks given to them about a post I could assume their info is correct.

thakidc 04-12-2008 02:23 PM

yes very nice system no need to put a post to say thanks saves time and space

mindfrost82 04-12-2008 03:55 PM

Exactly, this will actually give the poster more rep points, making that whole system more useful.

Yay 4 Juggs 04-12-2008 03:57 PM

yeah i noticed it...looks good hopefully it will catch on

SBR_L3GION 04-12-2008 04:15 PM

this looks pretty awesome nice addition.

puff 04-12-2008 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 248009)
Show how thankful you are when someone makes a useful post.

In every post there is now a Thanks button (near the Reply and Quote buttons).

By clicking that button your name will appear under the post as saying thanks and you will add to the posters reputation.

Just wanted to say Thanks :mrgreen:

*edit* didnt see anthing posted about it, so had to try giving +rep AFTER saying thanks.
It tells you that you cannot give rep twice on the same post. awesome, its just like giving a positive +rep

only FASTER !!!

mindfrost82 04-12-2008 08:20 PM

I changed a few settings. I made it so that you need 50 posts to use this Thanks method (since it adds more rep than using the scales), but I also made it count as a post. So whenever you give thanks with this button it'll count as a post. I also made it so that you can't give thanks to more than 20 posts in a day.

puff 04-12-2008 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 248289)

just curious, but any plans to eventually decomission the old system with the scales or will that continue to be used with this new system?

and just a heads up to everyone - might wanna update your sigs... already updated mine!

*edit* in regards to the sigs I was referin to those that have tag lines about scale tipping. just for clarification