PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2008, 04:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D
Carrier: Sprint

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad
Re: NEW FEATURE: Post Thanks

I don't like the idea of noobs thanking. I look at post counts to know the quantity of contributing, and thanks count to know the quality... but if noobs can thank, then ppl might make accounts to thank themselves and increase their credibility... no good

Mogul -> Vogue -> TP -> TP2 -> Snap -> Evo -> 3D
Old 05-29-2008, 07:38 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
I don't like the idea of noobs thanking. I look at post counts to know the quantity of contributing, and thanks count to know the quality... but if noobs can thank, then ppl might make accounts to thank themselves and increase their credibility... no good
Well a relatively high post count and a high "thanks count" pretty much go hand in hand. If you see someone with 80 posts and 80 thanks...then you'll know that those "thanks" are sketchy at best.

And you can always view what posts/threads a member was thanked in. I share in your concern, but I think with some amount of poking around you'll soon find out who's on the up-and-up and who's a fake.

late,
Coz
Old 05-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I agree with Coz on that. its pretty easy to weed out post and thank *****s... they usually have 2500+ posts and avatars with a big nasty tongue or a draft pouring PC case...

hehe no really, it'd be pretty useless to create dummy accounts for bulking up your thanks meter.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2008, 12:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch

jkruthatcher is a n00b

nice...
Old 06-13-2008, 05:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Temp TP2 until the 3D

No1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIPNo1ustad is a VIP
Send a message via MSN to No1ustad

what is the difference between 'thanks' and 'thanked so many times in so many posts'?
Old 06-13-2008, 06:06 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1ustad View Post
what is the difference between 'thanks' and 'thanked so many times in so many posts'?
thanks is how many times you have thanked people and and thanked is how many times people have thanked you and how many diferrent post you have been thanked in.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 06-25-2008, 12:57 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Did I reach my thank limit per day or something, I did quite a few (valid) thanks (after one erroneous one), and now I see no more thanks buttons at all, did I reach my limit? or does this have anything to do with the site lag today (turned the feature off for some reason)....

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

Nevermind, I know, I know, ALWAYS search first, post second...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
How many posts did you thank today? There is a limit of 20-25 per day, so once you reach that limit the buttons probably disappear.
Old 06-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuguy View Post
Did I reach my thank limit per day or something, I did quite a few (valid) thanks (after one erroneous one), and now I see no more thanks buttons at all, did I reach my limit? or does this have anything to do with the site lag today (turned the feature off for some reason)....
The feature is still on, but there is a limit. Once you reach that limit, the Thanks buttons will disappear until you can use them again.
Old 07-25-2008, 01:11 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lsme420 View Post
Right-on,but now that makes me think of another question. If someone thanks a post say you made then you delete that post would you loose the credit from the thanks?
No. Tested on a post w/ a 'Thanks' and rep power, rep points, and thanked info did not change, since the post was in a forum that counted toward post count though, my post count did decrease by one, other than that though... didnt lose any credit from deleting the post

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements