PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   FTP Update - PPCGeeks FTP Removed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=23185)

Perasite 04-03-2008 02:23 PM

FTP Update - PPCGeeks FTP Removed

ANNOUNCEMENT

Great news, you will find two new links under the QLINKS. You can now find "FTP upload/download" and "FTP deletes/folders" links. These links are setup to make the FTP easy for everyone to use and they eliminate the need to ask anyone for a password or help in making a directory or deleting a file.

The first link, "FTP upload/download", points to ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com and is a standard FTP link. You can upload files into any existing folder. You can also download any file you choose. You cannot delete files or create folders from this interface. You can also access this by pointing your FTP client software (something like CuteFTP or Filezilla) to up.ppcgeeks.com, port 21, anonymous login.

The second link, "FTP deletes/folders", points to a PHP application that allows you access to the FTP site from within the application. First for what this application is NOT designed for: it is not designed for uploading files, since the PHP app has a 2MB upload limit. This application is designed to allow YOU (this means all members of PPCGeeks.com) to create your own folders and delete any items that may need to be deleted. You no longer need to send me a PM to create a folder on the FTP for you, you can do it yourself with this application. You also do not need to ask me (or anyone else) for a name and password to access this application. You login to it with your PPCGeeks name and password, the same one you use for the forums. This application will log any files that you delete, so please be sure to only delete files that truly need to be deleted.

These measures were taken to prevent the type of malicious behavior we saw before where someone was deleting entire directories from the FTP for no reason. Please insure that any file you delete, you actually are deleting the correct file. If anyone has questions or needs help, please let me know.

InvincibleLiving 04-03-2008 06:37 PM

re: FTP Update - PPCGeeks FTP Removed

great news and great work as always yuma... thanks for this!

jamesus 04-05-2008 11:17 AM

Works like a charm. Thanks Yuma!!!

rstoyguy 05-04-2008 08:20 PM

When creating a FTP directory, is there an approval process or nightly maintenance that needs to make it appear? I can see my directory with cuteftp and FTP Deletes/Folders quicklink, but not with FTP Uploads/Downloads quicklink. It is under /Vogue/Users/rstoyguy.

Perasite 05-05-2008 10:44 AM

There is no approval process. I just looked it up with 2 different FTP programs, and by clicking the FTP Uploads/Downloads link in Firefox, and I saw the folder every time. Try clearing your cache and trying again.

CozBoogie 05-05-2008 11:41 AM

Excellent work Yuma...take the rest of the week off.

late,
Coz

ghettofreeryder 05-10-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cozboogie (Post 272007)
Excellent work Yuma...take the rest of the week off.

late,
Coz

Is anyoner else having issues with uploading to the ftp. I get about 5 mb in,m then it dies

budney 05-10-2008 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ghettofreeryder (Post 278387)
Is anyoner else having issues with uploading to the ftp. I get about 5 mb in,m then it dies

Check this thread. :)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=25955

DHarvey 05-18-2008 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 6700Yuma (Post 239540)
The first link, "FTP upload/download", points to ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com and is a standard FTP link. You can upload files into any existing folder. You can also download any file you choose. You cannot delete files or create folders from this interface. You can also access this by pointing your FTP client software (something like CuteFTP or Filezilla) to up.ppcgeeks.com, port 21, anonymous login.

Tried this using filezilla and cannot upload anything at all. It will not allow me to even upload small files such as images.

EDIT:: Filezilla works to upload files but cannot upload to my own folder unless the file is less than 4 mb. I would like to put my ROM in my own folder.

Any ideas?

EDIT>> Nevermind... realized I had to change the permissions of my own folders to be able to use the 3rd party ftp app. Works GREAT now. Thanks.

Perasite 05-19-2008 05:12 PM

Due to moving the FTP to the new server, please use ftp://ppcgeeks.com to access the FTP server. All the stuff in this thread still applies, and once the DNS stuff is taken care of, then up.ppcgeeks.com will get you to the same place as ftp://ppcgeeks.com.