PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   50 Posts to access Bargain Trader (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21091)

mindfrost82 03-12-2008 08:12 PM

50 Posts to access Bargain Trader

Due to the amount of spam we have, we have made a requirement that a member has 50 posts to be able to access the Bargain Trader forum.

Once a member gets 50 posts, it can take up to an hour for them to be promoted to gain access. This is an automated task that runs every hour.

If you have 50 posts right now and can't access it, please post a reply here.

This should also ensure that all sale posts are legit.

wldthng842 03-14-2008 10:40 PM

Re: 50 Posts to access Bargain Trader

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 215114)
Due to the amount of spam we have, we have made a requirement that a member has 50 posts to be able to access the Bargain Trader forum.

Once a member gets 50 posts, it can take up to an hour for them to be promoted to gain access. This is an automated task that runs every hour.

If you have 50 posts right now and can't access it, please post a reply here.

This should also ensure that all sale posts are legit.

Is there a way for people with less than 50 posts to still be able to view the threads? I was in the middle of selling a BB and the person buying can no longer view the files I uploaded for them. This way they can still PM the buyer. Usually it is the seller that has the ability to go illigit, with paypal you receive money before sending the product. Even if they could not post in the threads at least the ability to view would be nice.

eehrhard 03-14-2008 10:47 PM

Could the official raise your post count so you can view the bargain trader forum thread be far behind? ;-)

mindfrost82 03-14-2008 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldthng842 (Post 218681)
Is there a way for people with less than 50 posts to still be able to view the threads? I was in the middle of selling a BB and the person buying can no longer view the files I uploaded for them. This way they can still PM the buyer. Usually it is the seller that has the ability to go illigit, with paypal you receive money before sending the product. Even if they could not post in the threads at least the ability to view would be nice.

That makes sense. I just made it so they can view threads, but they still can't post anything. They're more than welcome to PM the seller.

mindfrost82 03-14-2008 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eehrhard (Post 218686)
Could the official raise your post count so you can view the bargain trader forum thread be far behind? ;-)

Something like that would have to be in the Off Topic forum.....which no longer counts towards your post count because of that reason lol.

wldthng842 03-15-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mindfrost82 (Post 218687)
That makes sense. I just made it so they can view threads, but they still can't post anything. They're more than welcome to PM the seller.

Thanks, this should make it easier.

CozBoogie 02-25-2009 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by turiderman (Post 737532)
i have 51 and it not allowing me

Seems like you can post now.

late,
Coz

mindfrost82 02-25-2009 10:50 PM

Since this thread popped up again, just a reminder, I will repeat what I said in my first post:

hibby50 02-25-2009 10:53 PM

bit delayed there guys eh?

mindfrost82 02-25-2009 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibby50 (Post 739246)
bit delayed there guys eh?

There was a post today that Coz deleted, which he quoted, that's why we replied to it lol