PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   FTP now anonymous, no password needed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20873)

Perasite 03-11-2008 01:09 PM

FTP now anonymous, no password needed

I just finished making the updates to the FTP. It is now a truly anonymous FTP. Anyone can now upload, download and view files. They cannot delete or rename them... YAY!! Hope this helps to keep the FTP working how everyone wants it to.

In order to get to the FTP now, you no longer need the ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@xxx stuff. You now just use ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com to access the FTP. Please note that all links pointing to ftp://ppcgeeks:ezupload@xxx will no longer work, but can be fixed by removing ppcgeeks:ezupload@ from the link.

The link under QLINKS has been updated to reflect the new address of the FTP.

Update: If you need a file deleted or you need a directory created, please send me a PM and I will give you the information needed for you to be able to do so.

Please note that under this new system, all deletes are logged, so it should be easy for us to track any malicious users and remove their ability to delete items.

Baffles 03-11-2008 01:12 PM

Re: FTP now anonymous, no password needed

Will there be any support for users to get a login and password to manage files in their own 'directories'?

Perasite 03-11-2008 01:25 PM

See my first post for ways to have items renamed or deleted.

budney 03-11-2008 06:32 PM

Thanks for fixing the FTP Yuma. :)

ghettofreeryder 03-11-2008 06:44 PM

I am unable to upload new roms. Any ideas?

Perasite 03-11-2008 06:49 PM

Can you tell me where you are trying to upload them to? How big are the files? Really, there is no limit to file size, but I just want to eliminate factors. I have tested uploading files, and did not find any problems.

Perasite 03-11-2008 06:51 PM

Actually, I think I found the problem. I will work on it and get a solution ASAP. Thanks for the heads up.

Edit: Yep, found the problem. It is a permissions issue that will take about 45 minutes for me to get everything updated. Please be patient. I will post for testing again once I have the permissions set.

InvincibleLiving 03-11-2008 06:55 PM

nice work Yuma, glad to see you're still good for something!

Perasite 03-11-2008 08:08 PM

OK, you can now upload files, but not folders... still working on it.

CozBoogie 03-11-2008 08:13 PM

Nicely done Yuma...take $20 from petty cash for your efforts:toothy10:

late,
Coz