PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 01:16 AM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max
Carrier: Sprint

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake
Talking Here we go again! *Server Update*

We do appreciate remlle for the offer of the server and "test drive of it also". Unfortunately after discussing this with several ppl we decided the server just wasnt enough for what we are doing. So I went looking for a host again. I came across SoftLayer Technologies which host many other big vbulletin boards. So I decided to purchase one there. BTW I went for over kill rather have more than enough! The new server specs:

Single Processor Quad Core Xeon 3220 - 2.40GHz (Kentsfield) - 2 x 4MB cache
4 GB DDR2 667
100 Mbps Public & Private Networks
2 x 250GB Sata HDD
2000GB of BW

Edit: Now that the new server is up and running I would also like to give mindfrost82 and big thank you for his helping hand the finer things I had no clue about! I would also like to thank ltxda for all the help he provided and all the other guys in the chat room that gave a helping hand!
~Mike

Old 02-19-2008, 01:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Here we go again! *Server Update*

If you find that not being enough I have had really good luck with http://www.hostdime.com/

They are Awesome, affordable, and great to work with. Very friendly 24/7 staff and I believe they still advertise a 99% uptime promise. Its been a while since I have used them as I dont run Forums any longer. (Long Story)... If you need help though please ask. I am more familiar with phpbb as My the time I was ready to take the site to VB I was booted and the site was taken over (non profit disagreements).

Will be nice to get things back up and going though..

James
Old 02-19-2008, 02:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon & Bravo
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T PAYG

budney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on repbudney is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to budney

Thanks for the update Mike!

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020923.gif http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...1249020658.gif
Old 02-19-2008, 02:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Please report any problems with this new server. Everything should work fine, but there might be a few problems until the DNS records get updated.

I tweaked MySQL and Apache, and this server should be plenty powerful
Old 02-19-2008, 02:36 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

so far so good!! very nice! it's good to have PPCGeeks back! for all involved, thanks for gettin her back up!
Old 02-19-2008, 02:39 PM
Retired Staff

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
so far so good!! very nice! it's good to have PPCGeeks back! for all involved, thanks for gettin her back up!
I'm glad I could help. Thank you Wideawake for trusting me enough to help out everything.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:41 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions

No problem at all I do appreciate the help mindfrost! Check your email. And looks like everything is running very smooth! With a very low server load!!! Thanks a mill to everyone who helped. I will make a detailed post once we got everything straightened out!
~Mike
Old 02-19-2008, 02:43 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
No problem at all I do appreciate the help mindfrost! Check your email. And looks like everything is running very smooth! With a very low server load!!! Thanks a mill to everyone who helped. I will make a detailed post once we got everything straightened out!
~Mike
No email yet, I think its delayed some. And for some reason I'm still getting all of your emails 5+ times lol.
Old 02-19-2008, 02:47 PM
Founder & Owner
Threadstarter

My bad has to either be a issue with my current mogul ROM or mail2webs issue. aww it hung in my outbox so I resent it!
~mike
Old 02-19-2008, 02:48 PM
Retired Staff

Wow, almost 200 people online and a server load of 0.02!!!!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements