PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Site News & Announcements (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Here we go again! *Server Update* (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=18638)

Wideawake 02-19-2008 01:16 AM

Here we go again! *Server Update*

We do appreciate remlle for the offer of the server and "test drive of it also". Unfortunately after discussing this with several ppl we decided the server just wasnt enough for what we are doing. So I went looking for a host again. I came across SoftLayer Technologies which host many other big vbulletin boards. So I decided to purchase one there. BTW I went for over kill rather have more than enough! :D The new server specs:

Single Processor Quad Core Xeon 3220 - 2.40GHz (Kentsfield) - 2 x 4MB cache
4 GB DDR2 667
100 Mbps Public & Private Networks
2 x 250GB Sata HDD
2000GB of BW

Edit: Now that the new server is up and running I would also like to give mindfrost82 and big thank you for his helping hand the finer things I had no clue about! I would also like to thank ltxda for all the help he provided and all the other guys in the chat room that gave a helping hand!
~Mike

cj10488 02-19-2008 01:51 AM

Re: Here we go again! *Server Update*

If you find that not being enough I have had really good luck with http://www.hostdime.com/

They are Awesome, affordable, and great to work with. Very friendly 24/7 staff and I believe they still advertise a 99% uptime promise. Its been a while since I have used them as I dont run Forums any longer. (Long Story)... If you need help though please ask. I am more familiar with phpbb as My the time I was ready to take the site to VB I was booted and the site was taken over (non profit disagreements).

Will be nice to get things back up and going though..

James

budney 02-19-2008 02:44 AM

Thanks for the update Mike!

mindfrost82 02-19-2008 02:20 PM

Please report any problems with this new server. Everything should work fine, but there might be a few problems until the DNS records get updated.

I tweaked MySQL and Apache, and this server should be plenty powerful :)

OMJ 02-19-2008 02:36 PM

so far so good!! very nice! it's good to have PPCGeeks back! for all involved, thanks for gettin her back up!

mindfrost82 02-19-2008 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins (Post 187041)
so far so good!! very nice! it's good to have PPCGeeks back! for all involved, thanks for gettin her back up!

I'm glad I could help. Thank you Wideawake for trusting me enough to help out everything.

Wideawake 02-19-2008 02:41 PM

No problem at all I do appreciate the help mindfrost! Check your email. And looks like everything is running very smooth! With a very low server load!!! Thanks a mill to everyone who helped. I will make a detailed post once we got everything straightened out!
~Mike

mindfrost82 02-19-2008 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wideawake (Post 187044)
No problem at all I do appreciate the help mindfrost! Check your email. And looks like everything is running very smooth! With a very low server load!!! Thanks a mill to everyone who helped. I will make a detailed post once we got everything straightened out!
~Mike

No email yet, I think its delayed some. And for some reason I'm still getting all of your emails 5+ times lol.

Wideawake 02-19-2008 02:47 PM

My bad has to either be a issue with my current mogul ROM or mail2webs issue. :D aww it hung in my outbox so I resent it! :D
~mike

mindfrost82 02-19-2008 02:48 PM

Wow, almost 200 people online and a server load of 0.02!!!!