PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 11:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
Known FTP Issues

We are aware of the issues with the FTP server. It is unrelated to the new server we're using for the forums.

The FTP site is still being hosted on the old DreamHost server.

I think that server might be overloaded at the moment, especially since this is our first full day back online.

Please reply to this post if the issues seem better or worse.

Thanks.

Edit by Wideawake: You must use http://up.ppcgeeks.com to log into the ftp server.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:06 AM
A Geek For Eons
Pocket PC: Photon, Xoom
Carrier: Sprint/US, Airtel/India, Telus/Canada

willysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on repwillysp is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Known FTP Issues

It was fairly bad an hour ago. Had to use a download manager to be able to download a large (150MB) file. Kept getting disconnects after 5 to 10 MB. From download manager log, numerous connection drops and resets.

BTW - thank you for your assistance in the server moves! Much appreciated.

Last edited by willysp; 02-21-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:13 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
It was fairly bad an hour ago. Had to use a download manager to be able to download a large (150MB) file. Kept getting disconnects after 5 to 10 MB. From download manager log, numerous connection drops and resets.

BTW - thank you for your assistance in the server moves! Much appreciated.
No problem.

One free download manager is FlashGet. I've used it before and its pretty good for being free.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Does the FTP server seem better today? Nobody has really posted anything about problems today.
Old 02-22-2008, 04:57 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache
Carrier: Sprint

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Does the FTP server seem better today? Nobody has really posted anything about problems today.
Used the FTP yesterday with no issues whatsoever...

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 02-22-2008, 05:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6800/HTC Titan/Mogul

initial is just getting started

used it today, worked without any problems.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Founder & Owner
Pocket PC: iPhone XS Max

Wideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWideawake should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wideawake

No problems here with my ftp downloads.....downloading a 847MB file at over 500Kb/s but I do use IDM for downloading....but it hasnt timed out once.
~Mike

Old 02-22-2008, 11:28 PM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Seems like Dreamhost might have just been overloaded.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:39 PM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Seems like Dreamhost might have just been overloaded.

Not sure if this is what you are talking about but I am unable to upload files into my replies. I am trying to upload zip files into my post of phones for sale. This is the third day in a row it has not worked.

I get:
SLVR 002.zip:
Upload of file failed.

The file is 4.27MB
but I have tried them as small as 2.13MB

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 02-23-2008, 07:50 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wldthng842 View Post
Not sure if this is what you are talking about but I am unable to upload files into my replies. I am trying to upload zip files into my post of phones for sale. This is the third day in a row it has not worked.

I get:
SLVR 002.zip:
Upload of file failed.

The file is 4.27MB
but I have tried them as small as 2.13MB

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Files uploaded to posts are hosted on the forum server, not the FTP. The FTP can only be accessed via the FTP address.

I'm testing attaching a ZIP file on this post.

It must be the size, I believe the limit is 2 MB, but only admins can tell for sure.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Test.zip (25.3 KB, 0 views) Click for barcode!

---
Don't forget to Search first!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements