PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2008, 04:04 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Here we go again! *Server Update*

Great work fellas, it's good to be home!

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 02-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch, Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

smarcin is a n00b

I want to thank all who helped in the server move. Though I don't post a lot, I read ppcgeeks many times a day. I was going through withdrawal over the weekend, not be able to get into the forums. I don't know if this has been discussed before, but have you thought of having a "premium membership" like they do at sprintusers? It would give us members a way to donate money on an ongoing basis to help defray the cost of running ppcgeeks. I would be willing to donate on an ongoing basis to help the board. Perhaps others would too. If you can set it up using a paypal subscription, so much the better. Just my 2 cents. Thanks again for all your hard work!
Old 02-19-2008, 04:20 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

I know vBulletin has a paid subscription feature that uses PayPal, among other providers. It might be something to consider in the future.

I was in the same boat as you. I didn't really post a whole lot but I love this place and I wanted to help out. I spent all morning tweaking the new server and getting things setup
Old 02-19-2008, 04:48 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Omg!!!!! What?????? Geeks Is Back Up And Running....sweet....so Far So Good For Me...havent Been Able To Get On Here Since Thursday And It Is Now Tuesday....
Old 02-19-2008, 04:56 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

Thanks mindfrost82 and Mike for all the work involved on doing this!

A couple of things I noticed so far... links on posts do not seem to work, but I assume this is due to the propagation and it will be fixed after we no longer need the IP address.

Also, there used to be a navigation tool at the bottom of every page, it was a dropdown menu with all the forums... it was very useful and I hope it can be brought back

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:01 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
Thanks mindfrost82 and Mike for all the work involved on doing this!

A couple of things I noticed so far... links on posts do not seem to work, but I assume this is due to the propagation and it will be fixed after we no longer need the IP address.

Also, there used to be a navigation tool at the bottom of every page, it was a dropdown menu with all the forums... it was very useful and I hope it can be brought back
1) You're right about the links. Anything that points to a ppcgeeks.com URL will not work until the DNS servers are updated. Once I get the info from Mike, it usually takes a couple hours.

2) I will turn the ForumJump menu back on. I turned it off when we were on the last server because it causes a bigger load on the server. It looks like we don't have to worry about that on this one, so it'll be back on in a minute
Old 02-19-2008, 05:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!! !!! IM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY!!

Finally! Geez I was having withdrawals! Thanks for all the hard work everyone!!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:10 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP

I already see it! Awesome! Thanks!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

man i almost took out my light sabre and chopped my effin head off. Im glad were back on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 05:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

good work on the upgrade guys, funny how I never saw the owner around here, and I do a ton of reading.

Last edited by jason25; 02-19-2008 at 05:18 PM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements