PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Is this ad (The one on top of Endgadget too big!)
Yes! Don't show it! 4 36.36%
No! It's not bad at all 2 18.18%
Only if it has Relevant (Cellphones, computers) content! 5 45.45%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
[POLL] Please Give us Ad Input!

Hi there Geeks!

We have a really special ad opportunity coming up, but we need to know your input first off.

We have been offered a deal to place a 900x300 advertisement on the site, which would be significantly larger than any other ad, here's an example of it

I'd like to hear your thoughts. Putting such an ad up will help us a lot and give us the chance to bring better opportunities on the site, but we don't want to deter you! If you guys by majority say no, then we wont run it!

Let us know what you think folks!

Laos101

FYI: This would only show 1 or 2 times per day per visitor, so it's not very intrusive!

http://imgur.com/49dgp

Last edited by Laos101; 01-24-2011 at 09:34 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:40 PM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: [POLL] Please Give us Ad Input!

Anything is better than that pop-up that comes up on the bottom of the screen and won't allow you to do anything until you close it or click on it. I don't mind the big ad every once in awhile as long as I can just scroll past it if I'm not interested.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:30 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Anything is better than that pop-up that comes up on the bottom of the screen and won't allow you to do anything until you close it or click on it. I don't mind the big ad every once in awhile as long as I can just scroll past it if I'm not interested.
ill note your concern about that ad - I think we can have it coded to close after 15 seconds or so so that isn't a problem for you anymore

As for this ad, it shouldn't follow you. It's just like that one on Endgadget, except we'd do our best to make it fit in much more nicely.
Old 01-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Newsy Writer
Pocket PC: Droid Charge
Carrier: verizon wired less

hoodracer is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to hoodracer Send a message via Skype™ to hoodracer

are you having it on the main page or forum?
Old 01-25-2011, 07:11 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Its in the forum.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:32 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
Its in the forum.
It's not going to deter me from using the site so I say make your money!

Nobody likes seeing ads on their screen, but the people that use this site need to realize that it's free. Someone has to pay the bills to keep this site free for the users. XDA has way more ads than ppcg. You're not asking to blast us with spam, just sell some ad space to help improve the site.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:36 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
It's not going to deter me from using the site so I say make your money!

Nobody likes seeing ads on their screen, but the people that use this site need to realize that it's free. Someone has to pay the bills to keep this site free for the users. XDA has way more ads than ppcg. You're not asking to blast us with spam, just sell some ad space to help improve the site.
Exactly! And we appreciate the users who understand this! It actually allows us to do more with the community and offer more resources (We have a LOT of cool ideas to try!)
Old 01-27-2011, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre,HTC Touch Pro2

smoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuffsmoove21 knows their stuff
Send a message via Yahoo to smoove21

I don't mind the ad. Actually i support having a few of them. If it helps improve our site then I'm in. Hopefully you guys will be able to review more devices and have more contests. I want this site to become as large as Tipb, Android Central, Precentral and so forth.
Playstation 3/Xbox360/Wii/PC..Which is best? Join the debate!>> http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=112741
Old 01-27-2011, 12:26 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by smoove21 View Post
I don't mind the ad. Actually i support having a few of them. If it helps improve our site then I'm in. Hopefully you guys will be able to review more devices and have more contests. I want this site to become as large as Tipb, Android Central, Precentral and so forth.
We're actually bigger than most of Smartphone Expert's sites, believe it or not

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements