PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-24-2010, 08:30 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101
Advertising Has Changed Once More!

Hey Everyone!

In case you've been watching our site - we've changed advertising methods once more. Much like 2 months ago or so, we are now using a new advertiser on a CPM basis - however the advertising content is VERY different.

Unlike before, you will only see BRAND advertising and none of that PSA ads with the horrible animals being brutalized, and instead everything from Windows 7, Blackberry, and also a few larger insurance companies. We've had it running for a week now and have yet to hear any major complaints - a good sign compared to last time!

Guests will see the first post Rectangle ad once more, which can be removed simply by logging in or registering! This will be along with the Guest Announcement ad.

All users ( for now ) will be seeing the "Sponsored Links" Ad just below the first post and Third Post, as well as our usual header and footer. As for plans to reduce the number of ads for VIPs or Subscribers - that is in the work and we'll get back to you very soon regarding that.

As always - feel free to PM me, Email Me, or Call me with your questions, comments, concerns, etc. And i'll be sure to respond! This includes if you see anything you feel is an ad unfitting in quality for our site (for example, it ruins the moment you're here, it has an annoying sound [ though we did remove most of those] or its just distasteful is some way, shape or form,]
Old 08-24-2010, 09:44 AM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Re: Advertising Has Changed Once More!

Lookin' good in da neighborhood!

late,
Coz
Old 08-24-2010, 06:05 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Wink ADVERTISEMENT Reply

LOL! I only notice the ads when I'm browsing on my Diamond 'cuz it doesn't have an ad blocker. I'd hate to cut off the small donations that the ads to give though, do they pay on a "per click" or a "per load" basis?

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-24-2010, 10:39 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Re: ADVERTISEMENT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
LOL! I only notice the ads when I'm browsing on my Diamond 'cuz it doesn't have an ad blocker. I'd hate to cut off the small donations that the ads to give though, do they pay on a "per click" or a "per load" basis?

- 2 Bunny
per load.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Banned User

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post RE, RE: ADVERTISEMENT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
per load.
So, after I'm done using the site, I could just disable the ad blocker for a few moments and hit refresh 20 times, and then we'd all be good, right?

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-25-2010, 12:30 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

Re: RE, RE: ADVERTISEMENT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
So, after I'm done using the site, I could just disable the ad blocker for a few moments and hit refresh 20 times, and then we'd all be good, right?

- 2 Bunny
heh, it doesn't exactly work like that

Honestly you can do whatever you want - i can't tell people to use or not use ad blockers (though they do reduce our income and a great upcoming alternative will be to subscribe) but i will say that method doesnt exactly account for the lost impressions,
Old 08-25-2010, 03:35 PM
Banned User

Cool Re: RE, RE: ADVERTISEMENT Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laos101 View Post
heh, it doesn't exactly work like that

Honestly you can do whatever you want - i can't tell people to use or not use ad blockers (though they do reduce our income and a great upcoming alternative will be to subscribe) but i will say that method doesnt exactly account for the lost impressions,
Well, lets say I visit the community forums here and go through my subs (the usual routine) and load approximately 15 pages. I could log off, disable the blocker, and hit refresh fifteen times. In those fifteen pageloads, the ads would have still been loaded right?

I mean, I like the community here and I would hate to pull revenue, but ads just slow life down and get in the way.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-25-2010, 05:47 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

i doesnt slow your life down to have to sit refresh and wait for the page to load 15 times every time you log off? do you only view 15 pages every time you come here? sometines im on here for a few hours. i know i view more than fifteen pages in most spans. im not trying to hassle you, but why not unblock the ads, just for the good of the site rather than sitting here coming up with ways to get around it. here is a direct quote from wideawake (the site owner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
In case you didn't know ad-blockers hurt websites. I mean if we had to survive on donations along ppcgeeks wouldn't last one week unfortunately.

http://arstechnica.com/business/news...s-you-love.ars

There is only such thread in our staff forums. With enough interest, this is something we could offer to users.
~mike
would you rather see a few ads (and it is only a few), pay for membership with no ads, or continue to disrespect and steal from the site by using ad blockers? it is stealing revenue from someone who provides us a great service.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Banned User

Cool RE ADVERTISING HAS CHANGED ONCE MORE Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i doesnt slow your life down to have to sit refresh and wait for the page to load 15 times every time you log off? do you only view 15 pages every time you come here? sometines im on here for a few hours. i know i view more than fifteen pages in most spans. im not trying to hassle you, but why not unblock the ads, just for the good of the site rather than sitting here coming up with ways to get around it. here is a direct quote from wideawake (the site owner)

would you rather see a few ads (and it is only a few), pay for membership with no ads, or continue to disrespect and steal from the site by using ad blockers? it is stealing revenue from someone who provides us a great service.
Good insight. I guess I'm just a "get in, get out" type of individual and usually only a couple threads require my attention (remember, I've only got that "outdated" Diamond, and that's among one of the few forums on here that I post in). As painfully slow as it is, I do try to browse the site on my Diamond as often as possible (llike I am doing now) and I do load a lot of ads in that time.

Thanks again for the input.

- 2 Bunny
Old 08-26-2010, 09:06 AM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Threadstarter

we've just signed with netshelter as well - so you'll see much more relevant and brand related advertising in the coming weeks.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements