PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 10:08 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
PPCGeeks Wiki

PPCGeeks now has a Wiki!!!!

For those of you that don't know, a wiki lets everyone edit and create pages, like wikipedia.org (we're actually using the same software as they are). This lets you contribute to sharing information and making it available in an organized way (hopefully).

So now ROMs can have a wiki page and the community can contribute to creating a FAQ or common issues and solutions that would normally be found in the forum thread.

We DO NOT want people to start replying to questions with "look in the wiki". Instead, since its easy to use, just suggest that they look at the wiki, but also provide them a link to their answer.

The wiki can be found at http://wiki.ppcgeeks.com, and there's also links in the navigation bar and at the top-right of the pages.

I've started a device database, which will link to pages for each device. I plan to add specs to each device, along with some pictures. But since this is a community effort, feel free to edit the pages and add information to them.

If you create a page, please add them to a category, which will make them easier to find. I have categories for Devices, ROMs, Kitchens, Radios, and OEMs. If you can think of more that will get used, let me know.

I've also created a basic how-to for the wiki, which can be found here. This is probably new to most of us, so if you figure out things that could be useful, feel free to edit that page and add to it.

Enjoy!
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:36 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: PPCGeeks Wiki

Nice work Frosty!
Old 01-15-2010, 04:53 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85

Thats whats up and it coming along very nice and it looks super clean!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:47 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S ll, Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

tsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation leveltsowen can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via ICQ to tsowen Send a message via MSN to tsowen Send a message via Skype™ to tsowen

Once again Mindfrost you rock! Thanks for this new feature seems we keep growing and getting better and better.
Old 01-18-2010, 01:01 AM
Knowledge Is True Opinion
Pocket PC: iPhone 4S
Carrier: Vzw

Carla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the communityCarla is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Carla

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsowen View Post
Once again Mindfrost you rock! Thanks for this new feature seems we keep growing and getting better and better.
Couldn't have said it any better!!
Old 02-24-2010, 02:26 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I'm going to do what I can today to learn this thing. I've never actually tried to add info. so here I go.

What about the history of PPCGeeks? Who was the one who did that last time? It was great. Can this be found still? Do you remember Frosty?

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 02-24-2010, 02:30 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

BigDiesel wrote up a thing on Wikipedia, but they deleted it because they said he had too many links. So I'm not sure if its still floating around or not.
Old 02-24-2010, 02:38 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
BigDiesel wrote up a thing on Wikipedia, but they deleted it because they said he had too many links. So I'm not sure if its still floating around or not.
A Wiki post, on the Internet, with too many links. LOL!
Old 02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I knew that it was gone from the net but didn't remember who made it. I'll see if he still has something.

So, I tried to add a page to the Diamond Section, a cab file page.......but it's so far only a category. I am reading and learning now on how to insert files.

If anyone's interested...feel free to help or just let me learn.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:23 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

I started looking into it a few weeks back, but got lost cuz I was wanting to actually start a db of sorts to better track compatability between devices/roms, and features could be compared. (since many apps are redundant)

oh yea, btw,,, what's the "My Forum" all about??? (don't want to steal frosty's thunder, if anouncement was pending)

Last edited by shaggylive; 02-25-2010 at 11:26 AM.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements