PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
PPCG News Ticker

Since some of our users only visit the forums and don't regularly check our news blog, we've added a news ticker to the forum homepage. This shows up above the navbar and will scroll the last 5 articles posted to our news blog.

As the articles scroll by, you can move your mouse over them and click on the link to open the story in a new window.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: PPCG News Ticker

What an incredibly good idea

Seriously, nice implementation Frosty, thanks.
Old 01-26-2010, 12:18 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Wow, I absolutely love it! It should definitely bring more attention to the news page!

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 01-26-2010, 07:39 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

wondering if you could edit the color according to different themes? kinda hard to read when using the dark blue theme
Old 01-27-2010, 03:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
Since some of our users only visit the forums and don't regularly check our news blog, we've added a news ticker to the forum homepage. This shows up above the navbar and will scroll the last 5 articles posted to our news blog.

As the articles scroll by, you can move your mouse over them and click on the link to open the story in a new window.
That's awesome. I'm one of the ones who often doesn't take the time to look through the news blog. I love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
wondering if you could edit the color according to different themes? kinda hard to read when using the dark blue theme
+1 on that.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:27 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
It should have a white background now.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Vogue: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Another great idea!!
Thanks Frosty!!
Old 01-27-2010, 06:28 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
It should have a white background now.
wow nice. i barley noticed it before just saw some moving txt, but now its really nice. i noticed i read all the articles. this is awesome!
Old 01-28-2010, 02:03 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/no root
Carrier: Sprint

jpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuffjpwhre knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jpwhre Send a message via MSN to jpwhre Send a message via Yahoo to jpwhre

wow, and i didn't even notice it there. really suprized that it even shows on my tp with opera 10/2u. i for one have the home page ppcgeeks.com as a link on start screen on my pro and go straight there and read the news posts before i hit forums. thanks for the added ticker frost.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:10 AM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Seems to me like it's already paying off Frosty!

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements