PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:36 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apple iPhone 8 Plus
Carrier: At&t

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to mindfrost82
New Signature Policies

We've tried to be lenient when it comes to signatures, mainly by allowing you to host images on 3rd party websites and use the img tag here to hotlink them. Unfortunately, some of them have been getting out of hand and we've had to change this policy since its impossible for the staff to request that EVERYONE with a large sig change it.

You'll still be able to use the img tag, but you'll have size limits and will be limited to the number of images you can have, as specified below...

The new rules for now are...
- 150 height x 500 width
- 500 characters max
- 5 lines
- limited BBCode
- 2 images (3 for VIPs)

If your signature is larger than 475px, it will appear in a box with scrollbars. If you want to get rid of this, you will need to edit your signature to be a smaller size, and you will have to use the rules above.

Last edited by mindfrost82; 11-16-2009 at 12:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:45 AM
I see you have a PPC.
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Borged Alltel

MrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMrObvious is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New Signature Policies

Thanks. I'm just glad that it is more uniform. But how come my image isn't showing up?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

mindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation levelmindfrost82 can't get a higher reputation level

Because you're probably using an image tag.

You should be able to download the image, then when you edit your sig there will be an "Upload Image" box where you can upload it to the server and it'll insert it into your sig.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:48 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfrost82 View Post
So now, you'll notice anyone that had the img tag in their sig will now have a link to where the image was hosted. To fix this, the user must go into the UserCP and edit their signature and upload it to the server.
it says it in there ^^
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

I just want to say that all of you who were complaining about sigs are retarded! Way to ruin it for everyone. Does it really matter to you if so and so's sig was too big. Ridiculous!!!!!!!

I tried to add my baseline bar back and it's says it's too big. It's just a bar??!?!?!? Am I doing something wrong?
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:51 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

I'm changing the file size limit, it was only limited it to 10k lol. Give me a minute and try again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:54 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

You cannot upload more than one image. It assigns the tag SIGPIC and will only allow you to use the last one uploaded. It also wraps long lines (like ones that make the image link to a site) and counts them as multiple lines. My sig was very compact. I had 4 images, but they were all 350x19. I am OK with removing one, but someone should check out why it's now only letting us get one and not the three in the rules.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 11-16-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC One M9
Carrier: Verizon

Sharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation levelSharkie405 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Got it back! Thanks Mindfrost!
Old 11-16-2009, 10:59 AM
R.I.P. B & Gary. 12/20/11
Pocket PC: JB 32GB iPhone 4 w/ 5.0.1
Carrier: VZW

Batman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on repBatman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkie405 View Post
I just want to say that all of you who were complaining about sigs are retarded! Way to ruin it for everyone. Does it really matter to you if so and so's sig was too big. Ridiculous!!!!!!!

I tried to add my baseline bar back and it's says it's too big. It's just a bar??!?!?!? Am I doing something wrong?
its not retarded when only a select few with a certain sig in their sig gets a pm from a mod and theres waayy bigger sigs all across the board
Old 11-16-2009, 11:00 AM
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perasite View Post
You cannot upload more than one image. It assigns the tag SIGPIC and will only allow you to use the last one uploaded. It also wraps long lines (like ones that make the image link to a site) and counts them as multiple lines. My sig was very compact. I had 4 images, but they were all 350x19. I am OK with removing one, but someone should check out why it's now only letting us get one and not the three in the rules.
Hmm, I'll have to check that. I guess for now we're limited to 1 image until I figure that out.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements