PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 03:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XPOPUPTOAST in task manager Windows Mobile 6.5???

I am using Cfay's ROM and just noticed something. I opened the task manager and a program called "XPOPUPTOAST" was listed with the Messaging Icon next to it. I was not really sure what it was so I added it to exclusive and it showed me that it was tmail.exe which is the messaging application.

I remember before 6.5 was offical, every rom was plagued with the infamous "phantom messaging pop up" window where whenever tmail.exe (Messaging) was checking for e-mail where it would cause a blank "Messaging" window to cover your today screen until you closed it out.

I am wondering if this was Microsoft's fix to disable the Messaging window from coming into the foreground? I am also wondering if anyone else has seen this or if anyone has anymore knowledge on this?
Old 11-06-2009, 05:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

GreeNova is keeping up the good workGreeNova is keeping up the good work
Re: XPOPUPTOAST in task manager Windows Mobile 6.5???

I have it showing randomly for me as well. I am using MightyROM on my TP2. It has been doing it since before I installed or changed anything so I know it was not due to something I did. Sometimes it will show that, then other times it will show "SMS/MMS" or "Messaging" or "Outlook E-mail". There does not seem to be much rhyme or reason. I am just trying to ignore it. It seems harmless. But my OCD is going to get the better of me...
Old 11-06-2009, 05:46 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

mmmmm a pocket toaster, how do we activate it and where do we put the bread?
Old 11-06-2009, 06:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Threadstarter

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreeNova View Post
I have it showing randomly for me as well. I am using MightyROM on my TP2. It has been doing it since before I installed or changed anything so I know it was not due to something I did. Sometimes it will show that, then other times it will show "SMS/MMS" or "Messaging" or "Outlook E-mail". There does not seem to be much rhyme or reason. I am just trying to ignore it. It seems harmless. But my OCD is going to get the better of me...
So I closed it when it came up and guess what appeared after that...PHANTOM MESSAGING WINDOW! I reformatted and did a complete restore and that put it back to the way it was and all seems well thus far. Its funny, only after I closed that XPOPUPTOAST process did that messaging window show itself.

I could not find anything in the registry for it nor any files on the phone with that name.
Old 11-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

I think XPOPUPTOAST is the Windows Mobile Marketplace....or at least that's what it was for me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2