PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 06:40 PM
MikeElGiga23

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Sprint HTC Hero Text Messaging Problem

ok i found the first issue with the Hero and its a doozie.... there is a problem with text messages not working especially when memory is low and Android force closes processes to free up memory kills your ability to recieve text messages all together. Since i bought this phone i sent like 3 messages and recieved none. At first i thought nobody wrote to me till my GF told me that the indeed did and a few to be exact. This is not a small issue and needs to be addressed. Also, stay away from task killer apps in market cuz these also create this problem when it closes everything without exception... I uninstalled the task killer, rebooted and the problem remains, ima take it to sprint in a minute but, wow what a way to rub me the wrong direction...

there is another thread on this and it looks like to be a common problem that Sprint is prioritizing on...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=572134
Old 10-16-2009, 07:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre and proud of it!
Carrier: Sprint

Rafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRafy0003 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to Rafy0003
Re: Sprint HTC Hero Text Messaging Problem

Yes this is an issue!!!! Please ANYONE having this problem call technical support at 877-345-7895 and complain about this, I called them last night about this and the only way to be heard about this it to COMPLAIN so please call in so there can be an offical fix and possibly push up the date for the Dount which is not known yes.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

derfnoslen is just getting started

I agree task killer apps are not needed. I see a lot of people are having problems with texts after installing a task manager and killing programs. Maybe hard reset and see.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

notrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuffnotrock knows their stuff

Yup it's happening to me too. I switched to Handcent SMS and it seems to remedy it. I still haven't ruled out the voice mail app as a cause. I would suggest getting cozy with Handcent and not hold your breath for a speedy update from Sprint. I said it before but I really wish handcent had HTC style conversations.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:33 PM
MikeElGiga23

I did a master reset, havent touched any task manager apps, updated profile and prl and it seems like its working again. The problem is that there is a 5-10 minute delay from when i send it from another phone till i recieve it. Seems a bit much to me but at least it works. Sprint said its a top priority for them and should come up with a solution very soon

Ill keep you guys posted and ill also call tech and complain to get the message across. (thanx for the tip) i suggest everyone experiencing this issue in some shape of form to do so also to really make then fix it. IMO it has something to do with the patch sprint added. to make android cdma compatible since it doesnt officially support it till 1.6
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp
Carrier: sprint

lawsofpower48 is just getting started

Im having the same issue...will remove task killer
Old 10-17-2009, 01:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3d

tstack77 is becoming a great contributor

If you're having issues getting text messages, send "allow all" to 9999.

You will receive a text from Sprint that displays, "All text messages now allowed"

For some reason a lot of people have been getting texts blocked in an attempt by Sprint to curb spam.
Old 10-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc hero

papo08 is a n00b

Last night, I bought two Heros. One for me and one for the wifey. Well, we text back and forth all day discussing our new apps and really not doing any work at work....AT ALL.

Tonite for some reason after 97 texts, her phone stopped receiving texts. I was getting a lot of hers ( progressively getting angrier at me ). But she didnt get any of my replies, nor anyone elses.

We have both DL'd a bunch of apps, but hers are mostly games. I have taskiller, but her phone does NOT.

Most of the nite I spent uninstalling my messanging apps and went back to the original system. I set all the settings I changed back to default. I hard reset my phone. None of these worked. Finally, I hard reset hers and all was fine. The missing messages never showed, but it did start to work again.

I didnt check before I hard reset her phone, but I have a strong feeling that during the day as she installed 50+ apps, she opened em all to see what they did. And I'll continue assuming and say that those were sapping up the minimal amount of the internal memory. That seems to be the one really consistant thing I can see from all of those that are having this problem on this forum, and others. Ill place a call to sprint tomorrow to add us to the list of problems.

When will we be able to save apps to our memory card!?! Some apps are already using the card for "temp" files....so why cant the entire app be placed in there? I need an app for that
Old 10-17-2009, 01:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC-6800, Diamond

RootWind is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by papo08 View Post

When will we be able to save apps to our memory card!?! Some apps are already using the card for "temp" files....so why cant the entire app be placed in there? I need an app for that
When you can root the device. Not quite sure what the reasoning is for Google not to allow it.
Old 10-17-2009, 04:42 PM
MikeElGiga23

Well after a factory reset, and a profile/prl update im happy to say that its working again. I HAVE NOT INSTALLED ADVANCED TASK KILLER which seems to be the one that started this since its the only task manager i have used and to my surprise, my hero is just as fast and responsive letting android handle the memory management. I found out i did not need it after all. At first the messages had a 5-15 minute delay till i received them but i tested again after i woke up just now and no delay at all. Looks like its back to normal.... sooo relieved

Last edited by MikeElGiga23; 10-17-2009 at 08:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero