PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2010, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Geomancer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 8| 21916|24634 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedboyd View Post
Tweaking the 'private network' connection setting did it for me. Thanks Sly
Unfortunately, I've no SIM card to try this with. Hopefully, I can find a way to fix it which won't require a purchase.
Old 09-10-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO - Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

geejdee is keeping up the good workgeejdee is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to geejdee
Re: |RHODCMDA|.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.- Energy -.¸¸.·´¯ * |Sep 4| 21914|24631 * Sense 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
WOOOOHOOOO! My "Birthday ROM"!!! Thanks NRG!

RE Battery:
I just hit a milestone - one that I have not passed on the TP2 up until now. I have now gone 48.5 hours on a SINGLE charge! And....I still have 40% left. I'm going to carry my spare battery with me to see how far I can go before I have to swap out.

Kiowa, when I first flashed 9/4 it seemed like my battery dropped VERY fast but after a couple days it did settle in and has been stellar ever since.

I have been doing a lot of Facebooking, texting and wifi tethering for the last couple days and its been great. Also taken several pictures, checked the weather many times and lots of texting.

I may have gotten lucky with a "good" phone in that everything just works great. Overclocking has been rock solid at 729 and I may bump it up a little when I get home to see how things work.

Like I said yesterday though I AM using a non-OEM battery that may be the reason things are so good.

For anyone interested, I got it as a "set" on amazon for under $30.00. I got two 1800mAh batteries and a "pocket" wall charger that the battery slips into. So, I always have one battery charged and one in the phone. I also have my OEM as a backup incase I need it. Up until now, I have been on the new 1800mAh battery. At the rate I've been going, I'm guessing that I'll be switching out sometime this afternoon.

as for the 24xxx base, it seems like it is "more" finger friendly than 23xxx. Momentum scrolling seems more fluid and like NRG said, it is "FAST" (besides the overclocking)

Hope y'all are doing well!

David
Ok David, what kind of setup are you using on the battery... I would love to get 24 hours... better yet 8 hours.. Now I do a lot of facebook, interneting and move well over 150 text per day... emails from outlook and gmail... will to order a non oem battery if its going to help....
Old 09-10-2010, 01:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

JokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuffJokeZony0u knows their stuff

Out of curiosity:

For those who have 40-50+ hours of usage on a single charge- do you guys have a data plan?

The battery life is awesome- but I cannot go past 20 hours on a single charge. Just yesterday I unplugged at 2 in the afternoon, but by 12 at night, I had the 10% warning
Old 09-10-2010, 01:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeZony0u View Post
Out of curiosity:

For those who have 40-50+ hours of usage on a single charge- do you guys have a data plan?

The battery life is awesome- but I cannot go past 20 hours on a single charge. Just yesterday I unplugged at 2 in the afternoon, but by 12 at night, I had the 10% warning
Yeah I have a data plan (unlimited), just some builds/dates have better battery life than others. Plus what helps increase your battery life is to not charge it when its not dead... Wait for ur 10 percent warning, then FULLY charge with the AC adapter. I always make sure I dont turn LOCATION SERVICES on, that is a battery hog, I try not to browse too often since Opera is a hog also (plus it hogs memory). I average great battery life & I live in a poor signal area

EDIT: Try MAXX's battery saving cab, that should improve ur battery life greatly!!

Last edited by DatBoiDame; 09-10-2010 at 02:02 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

friedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfriedmjb is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post

EDIT: Try MAXX's battery saving cab, that should improve ur battery life greatly!!
Have you found MAXX's battery cab to be an improvement over HYPNOTIC's cab?
Old 09-10-2010, 02:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I dont use battery saving cabs at all but I would trust MAXX's cab over HYPNOTIC's cab
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:44 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

|Sep 8|24634 Energy, Page Pool 12, Cookie

91 MB free after sense loads!

Settles @ 86ish as screen darkens after 3 min. I'm running this right now!!!

You're not going to believe this...
What would you be willing to give up to get this?
Still have Sense & Cookie, same...

OCMan StartMenu Replacement
, yep... 10 to 20 megs more by dumping the startmenu & getting this one! So, yes, you need to start using the sense settings, but all other settings are still there as zprogramname
Download & XDA thread
ATTACHMENTS to that thread... all downloads

I ran this one first:
Arto Start menu Remover wm6.5.x.cab

Don't use OCMan startmenu as in post! Will be making thread on this soon

I like FdcSoft_StartMenuv1.7_WM6.cab
Like the old Quick Menu NRG use to have in his ROM's last Jan/Feb.

**the top left corner activates it, so either dump arkswitch or move the activation field over a bit with menu @ the bottom right
** it also puts a little menu pop up icon, so if you hit the right side of your right softkey it displays all tasks/apps, hit the left side & you get the menu button (R softkey)
**you can also map it to your windows key, use the included X-Button settings program. Start button tap, more slider right, click select an application,
**Use your back arrow instead of the x button
**The first time you use it, it's slow in to the startmenu... it builds icons, etc.. How often do you really need to go into startmenu?

Loaded with apps & wifi router right now, still 73MB free... HA! LOL!!!
KEEPER KEEPER KEEPER KEEPER

Last edited by teradog; 09-14-2010 at 04:17 AM. Reason: FDC startmenu info
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 02:49 PM
lbcary

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Im using the Sept 4 24XXX CHT Dinik Glass rom with all the animations turned off,no auto update for anything,i do turn location services ON tho to improve my GPS location overall.Ive used the Maxx Batt Saver cab and it does help but it only made about a 10-15% difference for me,so i dont use it. The battery life is pretty good on the sept 4 rom anyway. The battery drains to about %80 within a cpl hours usually but between 80% down to 40% lasts almost 16-18 hours and I get about 20-26 hours of battery life depending on how hard i use my phone.
I think in the post mentioned above that guy got such good battery life because his battery is new and is 1800mah and my stock battery is 1500mah and is 10 month old and has powered alot of different roms and been used pretty hard. So a new 1800mah battery would probly get about 25-50% more battery life depending on how badly degraded the stock battery is.
Its is a good idea to let the battery totally discharge before rechrging but with the batteries in our devices being lithium ion batteries u really dont need to let the phone fully discharge before recharging very often. If u let the battery discharge to 10% once a week thats plenty. The fully discharge before recharge method comes from the old NiCD batteries that powered the very first cell phones.If Nicad batteries werent totally discharged before being recharged they developed whats called battery memory and would soon go bad and not hold a charge anymore.lithium batteries like lithium ion and lithium polymer batteries dont develope a memory so they are safe to recharge at any battery life level,whether its 10% or %80 its ok to recharge. I only fully discharge my battery before i recharge it once a week and its more for the devices benefit than for the batterys benefit.So the device gets the battery drain and some other settings correct.Its best to let the battery fully discharge before recharging especially after a fresh flash. Thats the best time to do it i think.After that once a week is plenty.My phone is always at about 10-20% when i go to recharge anyway.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: US Cellular

Geomancer is a n00b

Would it be possible for anyone to provide me with a link to the release just prior to the september 4th release of the 24xxx standard energy rom? Whatever the last one in August was.
Old 09-10-2010, 03:46 PM
Elite PPCGeeks Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Fido(Can), Alfa(Leb), Jawal(Ksa)

bteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIPbteljuice is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by friedmjb View Post
I always used HYPNOTIC's battery tweak and now moved to MAXX. Hypnotic battery tweak has been out for some time now and roms and registries have evolved with new buulds. MAXX tweak came out newly with newest registries.

Both have done a noticeable difference, but honestly, haven't benchmarked either one of them. Both are pretty good but can't say which is better.
This post has been thanked 5 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2 > CDMA TP2 Development