PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 09:22 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Spinning dots / wait cursor in Cfay WM6.5 FIXED!

First off, CMONEX, Cfay, and everyone else responsible for making the Treo Pro cool, you all kick serious a**! Thank you all for your hard work!!!

Here's a fix for the spinning dots otherwise knows as the dreaded "Windows wait cursor that won't die"! LOL It applies to Cfay's WM6.5 build, and will probably work fine on the 6.5.1 build if it even has this bug, I haven't tried it yet.

Download MWC3 from XDA, you'll find the link below. Once you install it, go into programs and start it by click on MWC3. Once it's running, go back into programs and select MWC3 config. Use the following settings.

Splash screen: off
Autostart: on
Boot delay: 4s
Cursor timeout 1s
Start delay: 0.9s

Then swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and choose the "Diamond White" cursor. Then hit the checkmark box at the bottom right.

What will happen is when the wait cursor is called for by Windows, it will wait .9 seconds and pull up the "Diamond White" cursor instead. Now remember that timeout you set at 1 second? That's when it will dissapear. That means it start's and stops in one tenth of a second. So at worst, you'll see it briefly flash on the screen and disappear. Most often, I never see it at all.

Beauty of it is, it runs as a service so you won't see it in task manager. It will auto start with Windows after soft resets. And it appears to use very little memory. In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down!

SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHALL07 @ XDA FOR THIS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN PROGRAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497196
Or on his own site here:
http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com.../downloads.php
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:07 PM
Father of the Treo Pro
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Treo Pro
Carrier: SPRINT

CFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the communityCFay is a trusted member of the community
Re: Spinning dots / wait cursor in Cfay WM6.5 FIXED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
First off, CMONEX, Cfay, and everyone else responsible for making the Treo Pro cool, you all kick serious a**! Thank you all for your hard work!!!

Here's a fix for the spinning dots otherwise knows as the dreaded "Windows wait cursor that won't die"! LOL It applies to Cfay's WM6.5 build, and will probably work fine on the 6.5.1 build if it even has this bug, I haven't tried it yet.

Download MWC3 from XDA, you'll find the link below. Once you install it, go into programs and start it by click on MWC3. Once it's running, go back into programs and select MWC3 config. Use the following settings.

Splash screen: off
Autostart: on
Boot delay: 4s
Cursor timeout 1s
Start delay: 0.9s

Then swipe your finger across the screen from right to left and choose the "Diamond White" cursor. Then hit the checkmark box at the bottom right.

What will happen is when the wait cursor is called for by Windows, it will wait .9 seconds and pull up the "Diamond White" cursor instead. Now remember that timeout you set at 1 second? That's when it will dissapear. That means it start's and stops in one tenth of a second. So at worst, you'll see it briefly flash on the screen and disappear. Most often, I never see it at all.

Beauty of it is, it runs as a service so you won't see it in task manager. It will auto start with Windows after soft resets. And it appears to use very little memory. In fact, since I've installed it in this manner the device runs faster. I SWEAR! When I'm using file explorer, it flys. Try going in to your windows folder and see how fast it opens. Apparently the "Spinning dots" bug was actually slowing this thing down!

SPECIAL THANKS TO MARSHALL07 @ XDA FOR THIS BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN PROGRAM!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=497196
Or on his own site here:
http://www.marshallskins.ilbello.com.../downloads.php
Very nice, but im working on a more user friendly fix now Thanks though!
-CFay

CFay TP2 Port ROM! Check it out!
Changed my name from fayfay392 to CFay!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

tt531 is just getting started

Thanks! This works great!
Old 09-17-2009, 10:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!
Threadstarter

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

You're all welcome! Cfay is doing all the REALLY hard work anyway. Since I'm totally BROKE A**, I figure my lack of ability to donate should be offset by actually giving back to the ppcgeeks community when I can. No point in me hunting down a way to fix something, then not sharing what I've found. That would be rude.

No need to thank me, just doin my part.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2009, 02:27 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx,800,pro, Axim x51v
Carrier: sprint

yangqdr is a n00b

Love this since some my apps only work in 6.5 - 21324.
Yes this does make file explorer work faster. wow!!!!
THANKS!!!!
Old 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

isaacl is just getting started

I tried the fix, but I still get the old 6.1 style four color spinning thing in FlexMail...
Any ideas?
Thanks!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Palm Treo Pro