PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2009, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Extremely Dim Lock Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slevin View Post
It's weird because I have loaded some ROM's and this isn't an issue. I only get it on a few ROM's I've used. It's a pain in the *** though and I hate it!!! Why would I want my screen to dim when it's locked so I CAN'T see the unlock slider, wtf!!!

Slevin
LOL.....exactly!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal34 View Post
I'll let you in on a little secret if you grab me a pint of Carl's ice cream!!

There is a registry setting that is persistent when trying to change how dim the backlight is when the device is locked>

HKCU\ControlPanel\Backlight\LockLevel

It's set to "0" and, while you can change the value, once you reset it will revert back to 0. Delete the key, and after a reset it will recreate itself. Rename the key, it will re-create itself after a reset. Kinda like herpes I guess....you think you've gotten rid of it and ***POOF*** -- flare up!!! (of course, not speaking from personal knowledge, just what I remember from 6th grade sex-ed!)

Uhhhh huh. That what they all say. Wash your hands very well after you hit Star bucks... I dont wanna catch your erpies.
Old 07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

FutureMD311 is just getting started

any updates? has everyone quit on fixing this?
Old 07-07-2009, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

signal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good worksignal34 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureMD311 View Post
any updates? has everyone quit on fixing this?
Ayup....at least on my end I haven't found any fix.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

xjesterx is a n00b

I spent many days looking for a resolution to this same issue. I assume you mean the windows mobile 6.5 lock screen? The screen would turn off and lock but whenever it came back on it was so dim I couldn't see a thing. It has to do with the backlight.dll file in the windows directory. Replace it with the one I attached and everything should work fine. You will need a program to overwrite it such as resco file explorer etc. If you can't see it in the zip file turn off hide protect system files under folder options in Windows. Also I take no responsibility if anything on your phone messes up blah blah. Hope this works for you.

Edit: Your screen will still dim but it will be based on whatever timer you have set on it under the settings power options. This just fixes the issue with it not lighting up when it turns back on like it should.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BackLight.zip (17.8 KB, 62 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

FutureMD311 is just getting started

Well i tried it and interestingly, i didn't have a backlight.dll file in my windows directory so there was nothing to overwrite!

So im sure you can guess that it didn't fix the problem. i even did a search for backlight.dll using resco but couldnt find one however i did find a zylonite_backlight.dll and resco is calling it an HRSM? i think its a rom file
Old 08-29-2009, 06:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjesterx View Post
I spent many days looking for a resolution to this same issue. I assume you mean the windows mobile 6.5 lock screen? The screen would turn off and lock but whenever it came back on it was so dim I couldn't see a thing. It has to do with the backlight.dll file in the windows directory. Replace it with the one I attached and everything should work fine. You will need a program to overwrite it such as resco file explorer etc. If you can't see it in the zip file turn off hide protect system files under folder options in Windows. Also I take no responsibility if anything on your phone messes up blah blah. Hope this works for you.

Edit: Your screen will still dim but it will be based on whatever timer you have set on it under the settings power options. This just fixes the issue with it not lighting up when it turns back on like it should.
Replacing backlight.dll worked for me! I had to cook into into my rom though, for some reason it did not work just copying the file into \windows. Thanks

Like my work? Hit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro