PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to daryelv
Delete This thread - ervius Kitchen 8.6 for CDMA Diamond - SYS 21502 & 21222

Update May 11, 2009

Uploading the kitchen tonight. All future updates will come down using SVN (SubVersion). This will allow you to update your kitchen by just downloading the changed files rather than downloading a complete kitchen.

Other recent updates...
CHome Editor Version 1.6Beta update
WM7 Titanium Project 6.9 - tweaked w/ newer Titanium Weather and ArtSeaTwitter
PocketTwit V74 update
Titanizer 6.5
SmartLock 1.7B

Here's a screenshot of the my Titanium screen that I've mashed together. It contains elements from Bliss, WM7 Project, Titanium Weather, ArtSeaTwitter and others. Edit with the CHome Editor move stuff around or enable/delete.

To download the complete kitchen from googlecode using SVN (read-only kitchen)...
1) Install Subversion (download from here http://subversion.tigris.org/)
2) Create a new directory for your kitchen
3) run the following from a command prompt:
svn checkout http://cdma-diamond-kitchen.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ path/new-directory

To download the complete kitchen as a project member using SVN...
1) Install Subversion (download from here http://subversion.tigris.org/)
2) Create a new directory for your kitchen
3) Run the following from a command prompt:
svn checkout https://cdma-diamond-kitchen.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ path/new-directory --username your-googlecode-username-here

Project members will be able to checkout/checkin code and contribute to this kitchen (add OEMS, fix bugs, etc.). If you'd like to be a project member PM me with your email so I can add you in googlecode.

There are also some good 3rd party SVN clients that interface with Windows Explorer for easier code Updates/Checkouts/Checkins. I personally use TortoiseSVN (free download here http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/).

Thanks,
Daryel

Important: The kitchen does not play well with ".svn" folders. Be sure that you use the "_svn" folder option in Subversion.

Update 5-18-09...

includes 21232...
Complete kitchen without SVN...
ftp://daryel.homeunix.com/

I have it in a SVN Repository too...
https://daryel.homeunix.com/svn/Ervi...Diamond/trunk/

You will probably get a certificate error (because of the https), but this should allow everyone to checkout anonymously. I'm still testing this server setup, so it's really been for my own use. But you can use it if you prefer using SVN rather than downloading a whole kitchen each upgrade.

-Daryel

Update 5-26-09...

I'm closing this thread, there are just too many kitchens out there for people to use that this one is not needed. There is Calkulin's, ppc-kitchen.org, Scott Scrosler's, Groove's, and also Juicy's. I'll continue using this kitchen for my own use, but I don't foresee any more updates being released.

-Daryel

Last edited by daryelv; 05-26-2009 at 01:12 PM.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: ervius Kitchen 5.1 for CDMA Diamond

Quote:
Originally Posted by daryelv View Post
Ervius's Visual Kitchen looks very interesting and very easy to use. It offers automatic porting of XIPs and supposedly has better memory management.
I would like to see it.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T

wmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIPwmdunn is a VIP

Yes ... please!
Old 04-17-2009, 05:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

daryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuffdaryelv knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drybonz View Post
I would like to see it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmdunn View Post
Yes ... please!

After I've tested it a bit more thoroughly and put more thought into how the Packages are organized into their proper folders, I'll upload an Alpha version. I also want to see how other cooks would like see the Kitchen organized as far as Packages go.

-Daryel
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 04-17-2009, 05:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Drybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributionsDrybonz should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
After I've tested it a bit more thoroughly and put more thought into how the Packages are organized into their proper folders, I'll upload an Alpha version. I also want to see how other cooks would like see the Kitchen organized as far as Packages go.
Cool... thanks, man.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid
Carrier: Verizon

ajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuffajm144k knows their stuff

does this kitchen use compressed ROM folders (i.e. does it use .nb or .payload files)?
Old 04-18-2009, 01:00 AM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

I've been planning to do this, but haven't had the time just yet.
Old 04-19-2009, 04:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajm144k View Post
does this kitchen use compressed ROM folders (i.e. does it use .nb or .payload files)?
It uses os.nb.payload files. It handles them fairly automatically though, no need to port as it keeps copies of the different OEMXipKernels from different sys builds to use. This kitchen is really setup so that you can have multiple Sys folders, multiple XIPs, multiple languages, etc. I'm still learning it's capabilities and since I downloaded the kitchen Friday, there have been a couple of enhancements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indagroove View Post
I've been planning to do this, but haven't had the time just yet.
That's my problem... finding time. I've been playing with it tonight... I have it building 21210 and 21501 fully bootable ROMs no problem finally, but some of my Ext Packages aren't loading or they need to be in the OEM folder instead of Ext Packages. I'm slowly working through just the handful of Pacakges I use... I havn't even started to look at all the OEMs in Calc's kitchen.

-Daryel
Old 04-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

coolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on repcoolsac32 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
It uses os.nb.payload files. It handles them fairly automatically though, no need to port as it keeps copies of the different OEMXipKernels from different sys builds to use. This kitchen is really setup so that you can have multiple Sys folders, multiple XIPs, multiple languages, etc. I'm still learning it's capabilities and since I downloaded the kitchen Friday, there have been a couple of enhancements.

That's my problem... finding time. I've been playing with it tonight... I have it building 21210 and 21501 fully bootable ROMs no problem finally, but some of my Ext Packages aren't loading or they need to be in the OEM folder instead of Ext Packages. I'm slowly working through just the handful of Pacakges I use... I havn't even started to look at all the OEMs in Calc's kitchen.

-Daryel
how did you get the 21501 build to be fully bootable. when ever i cooked the .nbh it would never boot on my phone successfully. pm me if possible. thanx cuz da_g gave me some info but he doesnt have a cdma working one yet. thanx
Old 04-19-2009, 04:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Thanks for working on this daryelv. It'll be nice to have working for the CDMA Diamond.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond > CDMA Diamond Development