PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-25-2007, 01:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Home 6 button and 3 button Today Plugins working on WM5!

Hello All,

I have enjoyed learning a lot on ppcgeeks and decided to give back!
Hopefully someone hasn't beat me to this, and if so, I feel really smart right about now..

I can confirm this plugin works on WM5. Both the 3 and 6 tab versions are working.

3 Tab Version:
I have uploaded HTCHOMEWM5.rar under Apache/Misc Apps
(I can't attach the link, too new lol)

Simple Instructions:

1. Install HTC Home Plug Today Plugin.cab to device, not storage card.

2. Install SDK Test Certs.cab to device.

3. Copy contents of PPC Phone folder to \Windows and replace existing files.

4. Reboot

If you want to use US cities, copy HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml to \Windows directory!

Enjoy!

_____________6 Tab Version_________________

Edit by colonel: This now works with the reg entry to allow you to select the order and number of tabs. The cab should set the reg for you, but you can change it to your liking. The reg entry is...

Code:
HKLM\Software\HTC\HTCHome
Tabsetting=1,2,3,4,5,6
Unfortunately, the same install procedure is still necessary. Install cab and then copy the 4 files to \Windows. Make sure the Home plugin is deactivated when you do this or when you change the reg.

thanks to colonel and helmi!!

colonel Edit: This is a new cab that should install everything. Please try it out and let me know. It installed on an Apache running the stock Sprint rom. Thanks to Helmi for helping on this with the certs and signing and such.
Attached Files
File Type: zip htchomewm56tab_133.zip (1.26 MB, 2759 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-25-2007, 01:22 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Harrier, HTC Apache, HTC Titan, HTC Vogue....

colonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuffcolonel knows their stuff
Tested briefly and works. Outstanding work.

Can you expand on what you did to get this to work? Not only woudl this be helpful for this app, but maybe for other WM6 apps.

Perhaps we can get the 6 button version working. Thanks superevilllama. Please feel free to stop by the chat room to let us know what you did to get this to work and maybe we can help get the others working

If you have been helped by me or would like to support developers like Olipro, helmi_c, and others please feel free to Donate

ALWAYS FLASH BACK TO YOUR CARRIER'S OFFICIAL ROM BEFORE TAKING YOUR PHONE IN FOR SERVICE OF ANY KIND

Old 07-25-2007, 02:07 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: VZW

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
Real Cool Superevilllama. It definitely works...

I tried adding my own city (Reston, VA) to the XML but it couldn't find any data so I guess we're stuck with the major cities, but COOL nonetheless!
Old 07-25-2007, 02:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Threadstarter

superevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsuperevilllama is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel
Tested briefly and works. Outstanding work.

Can you expand on what you did to get this to work? Not only woudl this be helpful for this app, but maybe for other WM6 apps.

Perhaps we can get the 6 button version working. Thanks superevilllama. Please feel free to stop by the chat room to let us know what you did to get this to work and maybe we can help get the others working

I only had to learn russian... I wish I knew how it was done, but I can't take the credit for it. I did a about a week or so of research to pull it up and about 2 hours of transalating web sites to find the files.

Hopefully others on here can modify and improve it... maybe add other tabs.
Old 07-25-2007, 03:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: verizon

kdoweb is a n00b
Great job superevilllama !

I've been waiting for this

OK I took the oem file from xda site and copy the HH_0409_WeatherCities.xml, HtcHome.dll, HTCHome.dll.0409.mui and flash the my phone and it works. I did run the SDK Test Certs.cab as one of my ext rom file. all seem to come up so far. I did the same thing to the 6 tab version but it didn't work, the dll file probably needed to be patch for it to work. the oem is here if anyone wants to test ftp://ppcgeeks.com/Apache/New%20Core%20OEMs/kdoweb/

kdoweb
Old 07-25-2007, 03:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

johnny2678 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to johnny2678
Anyone who's feeling adventurous can try this to get local weather outside the major cities...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=319187

post back if it works... I'm hitting the sack [yawn]
Old 07-25-2007, 04:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid

nemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnemanracing is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to nemanracing
This is awesome! The only reason i used spb mobile shell was because i didn't know how to make this work! Thanks so much!
History:XV6850 WM6.5,PPC6850 WM6.5 on VZW,XV6850 WM6.1/Telus Radio,VZW Omnia,XV6900 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6800 WM6.1/GPS/RevA,XV6700 WM6,Samsung i760,Moto Q9m,Moto Q,XV6700,VZW Treo 700WX,Treo 700W,Samsung i730,XV6600,Treo 650,Treo 600,Kyocera 7135
Old 07-25-2007, 07:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC6800

pachock is a n00b
If you need any more help to translate from Russian, I'll be more then happy to help.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:29 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Apache (PPC6700); Titan (Mogul)

luv2chill is keeping up the good workluv2chill is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to luv2chill Send a message via AIM to luv2chill Send a message via MSN to luv2chill Send a message via Yahoo to luv2chill Send a message via Skype™ to luv2chill
Very nice job. Although I don't think I can give up mobile shell for this (it just takes up way too much space for me) I know many users here prefer this one. Can you please link the site(s) on which you found these files and discussion?

I have tested the OEM package that kdo made and it is working fine. However, there is no need to manually install the certs. Simply unzip the file I've attached to this post into the OEM directory (go ahead and delete the cab file) and the certs will be inserted into your device automatically on first boot.

I can also vouch for the custom weather hack that johnny2678 mentioned. It worked fine for me (though it's really too bad that HTC designed things this way rather than just being able to perform a query directly to the accuweather database).
Attached Files
File Type: zip mxip_htchome_100_449.zip (4.6 KB, 436 views) Click for barcode!
Old 07-25-2007, 09:18 AM
Lurker

fuego3048 is a n00b
Has anybody had any problems with the weather not being able to download the data? I'm using the stock list.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software