PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 01:18 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Re: replacement touch pro has yellowish screen?

Maybe you just got a bad one or something then, because mine isn't too much more yellow, and way more responsive. I've had two the same way too. The one I have now was mfd' on Nov. 5th, so saumaun may in fact have a good one.

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 01-01-2009, 01:34 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

It's interesting that I was talking about screen whiteness today, because I thought my Pro was as white as it gets. I've compared it to many other phones, and it blows them out of the water.

Well, just a few minutes ago I had a Treo 700wx in my hand and my TP in the other, and it seemed that the Treo screen was whiter, and it had a slight bluish tint to it.

I guess it could have been the fact that the Treo was on max brightness and my TP was on sensor adjust, but the bluish tint looked nice!
Old 01-01-2009, 02:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Cricket

dcperdue is keeping up the good workdcperdue is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to dcperdue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i did a hard reset as soon as i got the phone, and while i was customizing it, i realized that something was off with the screen. it looked a bit dull, like the colors weren't right. i put it up next to my other one, and yeah... its completely yellow compared to it. this pic kinda shows it, but at the very least, you can see that the lcd is actually dull compared to the other one.
If the one on the left is the new one id definately send it back as that looks like crap.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:37 AM
littlelite

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
i just received my replacement touch pro, and the screen is very yellowish, compared to the crisp white screen of my older one... anyone else experience this? i'm going to have to call sprint and have them mail me another one.
Me too, I was sending my TP to repair after using it for 2 months, due some really dissapointed problem like the LCD screen bottom corner peeling off and sliding keyboard starting to become not align with the body.

So they said they're going to replace the LCD 1st and return to me while waiting for the new stock of sliding keyboard. So I just got back my TP from SIS (HTC Malaysian Distributor) today, and found that the screen became VERY yellowish and terrible in different angle-viewing, besides, the new LCD screen viewing angle is terrible, some more fading off and cloudy, like covered with a greyish+yellowish cloud like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganaz-x;2492110 - from xda-developers
Here are two Diamonds I have on me right now. Notice the color washout on one of it. Both are having the same ROM and brightness settings.

I did complain to the girl @ SIS, but she said she can't do anything! "this is the NEW BATCH of original screen from HTC!"

But after 'google' thru the net, I've found a lot of other country Touch Pro/Diamond has this issue. And get replaced a new one for them by HTC. Then why we can't?! This is unfair!!!!!

LET'S SHOUT THIS OUT LOUD TILL THEY REPLACE IT FOR US!!! Check this out, more others has this dissapointing & terrible quality problem for this expensive device!!!
http://forum.lowyat.net/topic/785754/+2080
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411487

HTC changed a YELLOWISH and LOUSY VISIBILITY LCD screen to my Touch Pro!
Really... Really... Really Disappointed for the newly replaced yellowish & lousy LCD screen by HTC! Please help to post a comment to support me! >> Click Here << Thx

Last edited by littlelite; 01-11-2009 at 09:23 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 11:14 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

i talked to sprint, they acted clueless, but told me to go into a repair center and exchange the one they sent me to exchange. i dunno what to do, because i have a feeling that the new one is going to be the same, again. there is a definite color difference between the two phones though, and its completely unacceptable.
Old 01-10-2009, 11:52 PM
littlelite

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I've sent in for replacement, but what they said is they can't! Coz all the new batch of stocks (LCD screen) all looks like that! They showed me some new unboxed Touch Pro, they all with the yellowish tinted and lousy visibility-angle LCD screen!

What HTC is doing!?!?!?
Old 01-11-2009, 12:06 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

They are rushing and phuking it up, nomsayin
Old 01-11-2009, 09:57 PM
Noob
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to Baffles

My phone doesn't look anything like the one in littlelite's post. My screen is a little yellower than my first device (but not noticeable so unless you directly compare the two), but it is completely acceptable IMO, much more responsive, and the viewing angle, etc is all good still.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:20 PM
VIP Member
Carrier: Sprint

aznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuffaznmode knows their stuff

Man I was bout to jump the gun for an exchange. I remember some moguls had yellowish screen too. I hated it. Some Treo 650s 700's had em too. All made by HTC. I used to swap the screens so I get the brighter one. But that was through assurion. I can't do that with a store swap.

So either you settle for peeling chrome and raised home key or stuck having yellow screen.
Old 01-23-2009, 07:29 PM
N00b
Carrier: Sprint

oddlou is just getting started

I cracked my screen yesterday and Asurion sent me a new one that arrived earlier today. I'll let y'all know how the new one looks when I get home. It'll suck if it's yellowie, but still better than the cracked screen.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro