PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Argghh!!! USB Drivers for tethering??? Anyone?

So... I use my Touch Pro for business use and have it all reimbursed.. as such I have VZAccess enabled on my account. I know VZAccess is not typically the greatest app in the world so I usually setup a DUN connection, but I cannot seem to find the drivers ANYWHERE.. I have Vista Ultimate x64 and I'm out of town without the CD that came with the phone. VZW doesn't have the driver anywhere on their site, it's not included with the VZAccess software downloaded from vzam.net, and when you call HTC you get techs that have an intelligence level that rivals most bricks and they just claim that Verizon has to provide the driver and "they just manufacture the phones".

I have no clue why it's so freaking hard to find these drivers, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.. I'm on the phone w/ Verizon tech support now and they have no idea what to do, they know there should be a driver but apparently if you don't have the CD that came with the phone you're S.O.L..

When I plug it in, it's coming up as "Generic Serial" and it's not finding the drivers.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Re: Argghh!!! USB Drivers for tethering??? Anyone?

HTC is insisting that the drivers are installed as part of Windows Mobile Device Center.. I think they are confusing the driver needed to sync with the driver for the USB modem. Tried pointing this out to 3 different techs now and they swear they have no drivers for any of their phones, which I know is a great big load of crap. I've watched someone with an XV6800/Mogul/Tilt have to install USB drivers in order to get the phone to work.

Am I crazy? Or is HTC Support just incredibly imcompetent..
Old 12-09-2008, 12:39 PM
Lurker

dsljay is a n00b

I don't know if this is anything or not. I am planing on getting the TP once my one every 2 is due. I currently have one of their laptop cards. I lost the disk and tried downloading the VZAccess software but it didn't work. I then did some research and tried the VZAccess software once again but this time from the link in the Tech Support area on the Verizon Wireless website for my device. The software from the tech support had the drivers for my device.

Hope that helps
Here is a link for the TP
http://support.vzw.com/phones/index.html?p=4331
Just click on the link to download and install VZAccess. I hope this works for you as it did for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender519 View Post
So... I use my Touch Pro for business use and have it all reimbursed.. as such I have VZAccess enabled on my account. I know VZAccess is not typically the greatest app in the world so I usually setup a DUN connection, but I cannot seem to find the drivers ANYWHERE.. I have Vista Ultimate x64 and I'm out of town without the CD that came with the phone. VZW doesn't have the driver anywhere on their site, it's not included with the VZAccess software downloaded from vzam.net, and when you call HTC you get techs that have an intelligence level that rivals most bricks and they just claim that Verizon has to provide the driver and "they just manufacture the phones".

I have no clue why it's so freaking hard to find these drivers, but if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.. I'm on the phone w/ Verizon tech support now and they have no idea what to do, they know there should be a driver but apparently if you don't have the CD that came with the phone you're S.O.L..

When I plug it in, it's coming up as "Generic Serial" and it's not finding the drivers.
Old 12-09-2008, 12:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the reply, I did install the latest version of VZAccess from vzam.net but it does not come with any drivers for the Touch Pro, only for older devices such as the XV6800.
Old 12-10-2008, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Answering my own question here... finally found a copy of the CD that came with the phone. The attached driver is for XP/Vista both x86 and x64. It should also work for all CDMA TP (sprint, alltel, etc.)

Maybe we want to sticky this or add it to general TP info?
This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro