PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2008, 01:46 AM
N00b

blile is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

Hey gang, lets compile a list of Omnia problems and solutions.

One of the problems that I have had with the Omnia is the power button on the top is hard to press and it is a pain to put the phone on standby.

I used Aebutton plus: http://freewareppc.com/utilities/aebuttonplus.shtml

I mapped power off/on to the single press of the "end" key. I mapped "press the red button, end" to double tap of the end key.

Now to power off the phone I just press the "end" key. Much easier.

Hope this helps somebody.

Any other problems and solutions?

INDEX for Easy Reading [Updated 12/3/2008]
1. Lack of hardware buttons: use Aebuttonplus http://freewareppc.com/utilities/aebuttonplus.shtml

2. Unresponsive touch screen: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=16

Last edited by blile; 12-03-2008 at 05:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

I have a problem that I would like a fix for:

When I get a sms, phone call, or an email, my screen does not turn on. The phone rings or vibrates, but the screen does not activate and therefore I need to press the power button to see the notification.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone got a solution? I searched online and could not find anything.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 11:21 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blile View Post
One of the problems that I have had with the Omnia is the power button on the top is hard to press and it is a pain to put the phone on standby.

I used Aebutton plus: http://freewareppc.com/utilities/aebuttonplus.shtml

I mapped power off/on to the single press of the "end" key. I mapped "press the red button, end" to double tap of the end key.

Now to power off the phone I just press the "end" key. Much easier.

Hope this helps somebody.

Any other problems and solutions?
I am going to try this version of Aebutton...I tried one the other day and I couldn't get it to do ANYTHING!!!! The screen-shot on the site you posted looks easier to use...I have a few tweaks (I'll add that later) to do!!!

Quote:

When I get a sms, phone call, or an email, my screen does not turn on. The phone rings or vibrates, but the screen does not activate and therefore I need to press the power button to see the notification.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone got a solution? I searched online and could not find anything.

Thanks
Not sure if it is a solution (at least not until I get a text message LOL) but I went into settings-sounds, and checked 'show message on screen'....hopefully it will do the trick because I am with you on wanting the screen to wake!!

Now....I have only done a couple tweaks so far. I am hoping with Aebutton to do the power off tweak mentioned earlier and to map the finger-friendly volume shortcut in S2U2 to the volume button.

I do have a neat little app I found in Modeco that automatically toggles from the mouse-pad effect to visible courser when I map it to the camera button!!

I do wish Samsung had included a way to turn off the button lock on calls, I can see where it would be useful at times, but a bother at others!!!!

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:43 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

so i tried switching "show message on screen" only to find it was already on. shoot i was hoping that would work. oh well nice try. thanks
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2008, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

I guess we need to keep at it then...I want to find a small app to allow repeating alerts. Nothing as large as PhoneAlarm, but allow the alerts WM disables the repeat option on to go off a set number of times. I may miss the one vibration when a text comes in (sitting on my desk at work) and not see it for hours, but if it went off say 5 times I would be more likely to catch it!! There used to be one for Troes called TreoAlert...maybe something like that....I am looking!!!!
Old 12-03-2008, 04:26 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Another issue I wonder if there is a fix for: I noticed that there seems to be a lag when typing on the keyboard using "auto complete." I like using the xt9 keyboard. I thought maybe it was the haptic feedback that was slowing it down so I turned it off, and it still lagged.

Anyone else have this problem? Any fix? Strangely there was never a lag with my xv6900 using xt9.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:30 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:

Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
I guess we need to keep at it then...I want to find a small app to allow repeating alerts. Nothing as large as PhoneAlarm, but allow the alerts WM disables the repeat option on to go off a set number of times. I may miss the one vibration when a text comes in (sitting on my desk at work) and not see it for hours, but if it went off say 5 times I would be more likely to catch it!! There used to be one for Troes called TreoAlert...maybe something like that....I am looking!!!!
Check in the Diamond thread, I know there's something about Diamond tweak that has an option "dontwakeonsms" and i believe its just a reg edit. I'll go diggin... give me a few

Edit:

Wake Up on New SMS =>> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent key usually has the 1 value.
Changing this value to 0 will turn the screen on if you want.

The above is from the pro. found it in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=dont+wake+sms
Don't forget to hit the

Last edited by Lylej2k; 12-03-2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I'm just curious...how is the memory usage on this phone? Any problems with it having only 128mb?

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:45 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
Check in the Diamond thread, I know there's something about Diamond tweak that has an option "dontwakeonsms" and i believe its just a reg edit. I'll go diggin... give me a few

Edit:

Wake Up on New SMS =>> HKLM\Drivers\BuiltIn\RIL : DisableSMSWakeUpEvent key usually has the 1 value.
Changing this value to 0 will turn the screen on if you want.

The above is from the pro. found it in this thread http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=dont+wake+sms
Thanks. I followed the string, but there was no value "DisableSMSWakeUpEvent"

Should I make a value and see what happens? Im gonna back up my phone then I'll tinker with it.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Thanks. I followed the string, but there was no value "DisableSMSWakeUpEvent"

Should I make a value and see what happens? Im gonna back up my phone then I'll tinker with it.

Thanks
NP. the diamond thing is a tweak program, maybe it just does that, writes the string... let me know if it works. How far down the string does it go?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia