PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2008, 04:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Carrier: Sprint

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Release date pushed back again

Yet again, to no surprise to anyone, Sprint has pushed back the release date of the diamond. Can't give too many details but the advocate program was about to begin and Sprint had even shipped out a batch for the advocates but unfortunately the Diamond failed one of Sprints test that it was running and the release date has been pushed back again. I don't have any info on what test but my DM is trying to find out this information as we speak. It looks like the advocate program should launch late September. Sorry for the bad news however it doesn't look like the release date of the PRO will be effected and it doesn't appear as if it has had the same issues. I will post more once I find out all the info.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Diamond Release date pushed back again

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lamberson View Post
Yet again, to no surprise to anyone, Sprint has pushed back the release date of the diamond. Can't give too many details but the advocate program was about to begin and Sprint had even shipped out a batch for the advocates but unfortunately the Diamond failed one of Sprints test that it was running and the release date has been pushed back again. I don't have any info on what test but my DM is trying to find out this information as we speak. It looks like the advocate program should launch late September. Sorry for the bad news however it doesn't look like the release date of the PRO will be effected and it doesn't appear as if it has had the same issues. I will post more once I find out all the info.
OMG! Do you live under a rock?

We knew this about 2 weeks ago!
Old 09-03-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Relax buddy. Just got a conference call with corporate Sprint and this is news that just came out. We knew about all the other delays but this is something that was just released via conference call to all the managers. So before you jump, understand this information is new. Just finished with the call about thirty minutes ago. We have had delays but this is a new one.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:05 PM
Lurker

felixm477 is a n00b

can anyone else confirm this? i find it odd that nobody else has rushed here to report this like all the others that got first hand info on the sept 2 date change...
Old 09-03-2008, 05:06 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Throw a telus rom on it with a sprint PRL and call it a day

after all sprint and telus are international bed buddies lol
Old 09-03-2008, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
can anyone else confirm this? i find it odd that nobody else has rushed here to report this like all the others that got first hand info on the sept 2 date change...
This is news that was just released literally thirty minutes ago. We had a two o'clock mountain time, conference call. In this call this was one of the topics that was presented.

Last edited by e.lamberson; 09-03-2008 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:12 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lamberson View Post
This is news that was just release literally thirty minutes ago. We had a two o'clock mountain time, conference call. In this call this was one of the topics that was presented.
probably the bug that HTC told my telus insider about. telus released anyways but. basically calls dont hang up with the hardware button all the time and causes a device freez which makes the phone appear in a sleep state and is running up users bills if your not careful.

i forget what forum i was searching but one new diamond user had a hefty data bill because of this. telus reversed the charges no questions because of this known issue.

i was told to expect a software update very soon for this. however i have no experenced this my self yet.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm throwing the flag on this. I'm still ready to recieve my phone on the 14-15th.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The advocate devices were pushed back, but I didn't hear anything about the launch date being pushed back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:29 PM
Lurker

felixm477 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
The advocate devices were pushed back, but I didn't hear anything about the launch date being pushed back.
oh ok that makes sense since those where actually going to ship about this time so they held them back, doesn't make sense to stop something that hasnt even shipped for its release 2 weeks away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond