PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2008, 09:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

jdeboxtel is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Offical Sprint 3.56 MOGUL 6.1 Rom is now posted at HTC.com

alphamabox.....I don't know about the text message alerts, I haven't had any texts since I applied the update. I've not had the other issues though. My memory utilization is actually about the same. I've always thought it was high. I'm doing real time sync to an exchange server and using bluetooth so I'm sure that contributes to the high memory usage.
Old 07-19-2008, 11:19 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamabox View Post
having some issues with this rom.

1. the text message notification keeps changing to no alert after a few hours or text messages. i have to go back and reset the notifications again. have done this about 3 times today.

2. after a soft reset, get a error for cpog.exe not starting

3. seems like this is eating up more ram than the test rom 3.49.651.

anyone else have any of these issues?
1. Are you using Opera Mobile 9.5 Beta 1 (the official public version)? If so, that is causing the notifications to resets.

2. No idea on this, it would be helpful to know what you've installed.

3. I have experienced the opposite. On a clean setup, I have 23-24MB free. Only when I install my own programs does it drop below 20, so again, it would help to know what you have installed.
Old 07-19-2008, 12:11 PM
Lurker

idelgado782 is just getting started

Is anyone getting any error messages with Sprint TV on this new rom? At first it was saying it couldn't initialize user, or something like that. and now it gets all the way up to the screen where I can choose whether premium channels, sprint tv and sprint tv en vivo. I choose sprint tv and then i get another message saying somthing about mdn and nam not being same. I did a soft reset, tried it again and now it gets me to the screen where it says that I have to subscribe! wtf! I am on an employee plan and am supposed to get all of those things. I gonna keep trying. Should I call sprint and tell them about this issue or will they be clueless about the new rom?
Old 07-19-2008, 12:13 PM
Lurker

I dont know, I just tried another channel. First channel I tried was disney. Now I tried MTV and it's working as I write.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:58 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdtalker View Post
I've been running it the past day and have a few thoughts:

6. Large start menu is just plain annoying
I can't wait for a No2Chem
Hey not sure if you figured it out yet, but you can actually go into the settings and there is an option called "large start menu" and display that. I totally agree with the large start menu looking horrible. I changed it back to the normal one!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-19-2008, 02:24 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodThings2Life View Post
1. Are you using Opera Mobile 9.5 Beta 1 (the official public version)? If so, that is causing the notifications to resets.

2. No idea on this, it would be helpful to know what you've installed.

3. I have experienced the opposite. On a clean setup, I have 23-24MB free. Only when I install my own programs does it drop below 20, so again, it would help to know what you have installed.
Yeah i'm having that exact problem, thanks for the post, I do have the opera beta on my phone. any fix for this yet?
Old 07-19-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Visor Prism (old) -> Dell Axim X30 Hi -> HTC Apache -> HTC Mogul -> HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO: 500 Fair and Flexible ($30/mo unlimited everything, 500 min)

nerdtalker is keeping up the good worknerdtalker is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Yeah i'm having that exact problem, thanks for the post, I do have the opera beta on my phone. any fix for this yet?
Nope, the current Opera 9 Beta builds all do that. Only thing you can do is either use skyfire or the current stable Opera 8.
Old 07-19-2008, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800

jatt5abi is a n00b

i cant find the download on the htc site...please help
Old 07-19-2008, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

ajbent86 is a n00b

Can some people please post your thoughts about 3.56? I am debating if i want to apply this update or not. My phone is functioning great right now and im a big advocate of: "If its not broke, dont fix it."

Have there been any bugs that have surfaced yet? Any problems created with this ROM that were not in previous ROMs?

Thanks!
Old 07-19-2008, 05:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

matty032 is keeping up the good workmatty032 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by idelgado782 View Post
Is anyone getting any error messages with Sprint TV on this new rom? At first it was saying it couldn't initialize user, or something like that. and now it gets all the way up to the screen where I can choose whether premium channels, sprint tv and sprint tv en vivo. I choose sprint tv and then i get another message saying somthing about mdn and nam not being same. I did a soft reset, tried it again and now it gets me to the screen where it says that I have to subscribe! wtf! I am on an employee plan and am supposed to get all of those things. I gonna keep trying. Should I call sprint and tell them about this issue or will they be clueless about the new rom?
Be sure to install to the SD card, and not the device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development