PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-13-2008, 02:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Guide To Downgrading, Reverting and Returning Touch for Warranty Repair/Replacement

Guide To Downgrade and Return Touch for Repair/Replacement

Okay so I've successfully downgraded 5 Bell Mobility HTC Touchs without have ANY problems whatsoever. I'm not saying that its foolproof. But many people had been PMing me for instructions so I thought I would just create a quick guide.

Refer to the "Dangers of Downgrading" sticky for reference.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS, YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, WHETHER PHYSICAL OR INTERNAL.

1. Make sure your contacts and everything that you REQUIRE on your phone is backed up. (Pim Backup)

2. (VERY IMPORTANT) Downgrade your Unlocked to version ImCOkeMan's 0.41 Unlocker

3. Once you've done so. Remember to fully setup the phone to the dates (if you were using a sprint rom previously, remember not to let the customizations run ie. reset before it says "starting customizations in 3..2..1").

I'm not sure why but everytime I didnt set it up, it would take very long to start up after flashing the original stock rom.

4. One you've completed all the steps above. WITHOUT putting the phone into the bootloader install the STOCK BELL ROM 1.59.10a radio (Located in Stick under "STOCK ROMS")

5. Set up your system and confirm that your PRI and PRL have been reverted to original.

And thats it! We're done. So no you're not "screwed" if you install the gps update, but just be careful when downgrading. Don't do it unless absoloutely necessary in situations such as repair, replacement, or simply downgrading for battery life.

I hope this helps all you guys out there who were in the situation that I was in.

Last edited by mixxy; 10-10-2008 at 07:18 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 06-14-2008, 10:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

boyx is a n00b
Re: Guide To Downgrade and Return Touch for Repair/Replacement

thanks guys.....I got it replaced from sprint without any issues...luckily the guy at the store didnt inquire/care about the test rom. But this is a good reference in case someone needs to do it. Thanks again,
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 AM
Lurker

andrewvmail is a n00b
Re: Guide To Downgrading, Reverting and Returning Touch for Warranty Repair/Replaceme

Hi, There still have some questions on the guide i have this is what i have
1.28 BELL(NSFAN's) 2/12/09
3.42.50 Radio Version

How should i go about doing this? The guide is old thats why im just confirming.

Thanks!!
Old 02-26-2009, 06:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Guide To Downgrading, Reverting and Returning Touch for Warranty Repair/Replaceme

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewvmail View Post
Hi, There still have some questions on the guide i have this is what i have
1.28 BELL(NSFAN's) 2/12/09
3.42.50 Radio Version

How should i go about doing this? The guide is old thats why im just confirming.

Thanks!!
just follow the same steps and use the new stock rom with the new stock rom/radio. =) if u have anymore questions dont hesitate to ask.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:29 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

good write up mixxy..,.

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ALL WINDOWS MOBILE 6.1+5+beta21319?
Carrier: SPRINT CUSTOM ROM BOYIE

BlackOceaN is just getting started

this would be a wise move for return..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
Guide To Downgrade and Return Touch for Repair/Replacement

Okay so I've successfully downgraded 5 Bell Mobility HTC Touchs without have ANY problems whatsoever. I'm not saying that its foolproof. But many people had been PMing me for instructions so I thought I would just create a quick guide.

Refer to the "Dangers of Downgrading" sticky for reference.

IF YOU CHOOSE TO FOLLOW THESE DIRECTIONS, YOU DO AT YOUR OWN RISK! I AM NOT LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DONE TO YOUR PHONE, WHETHER PHYSICAL OR INTERNAL.

1. Make sure your contacts and everything that you REQUIRE on your phone is backed up. (Pim Backup)

2. (VERY IMPORTANT) Downgrade your Unlocked to version ImCOkeMan's 0.41 Unlocker

3. Once you've done so. Remember to fully setup the phone to the dates (if you were using a sprint rom previously, remember not to let the customizations run ie. reset before it says "starting customizations in 3..2..1").

I'm not sure why but everytime I didnt set it up, it would take very long to start up after flashing the original stock rom.

4. One you've completed all the steps above. WITHOUT putting the phone into the bootloader install the STOCK BELL ROM 1.59.10a radio (Located in Stick under "STOCK ROMS")

5. Set up your system and confirm that your PRI and PRL have been reverted to original.

And thats it! We're done. So no you're not "screwed" if you install the gps update, but just be careful when downgrading. Don't do it unless absoloutely necessary in situations such as repair, replacement, or simply downgrading for battery life.

I hope this helps all you guys out there who were in the situation that I was in.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:42 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

thanks for all those feedback, i really hope this helps those in need
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 3d
Carrier: Sprint

tstack77 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxy View Post
This is wrong. You need to Downgrade to ImCoKeMan's 0.40 Unlocker in order to RELOCK your device if you're returning it to your carrier.

"Original 0.40 Version (mosty outdated except for "relocking" ability, also more dangerous than 0.41 and 2.31)
VERY IMPORTANT / Warning: If your carrier did not release a rom and you flash an exe of another carrier with the 0.40 unlocker you won't be able to flash ANY rom until unlocking again."

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=20370
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue