PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2010, 11:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Seidio Innocase II scratches EVO, Seidio willing to replace w. new rubberized version

Anyone buy the Seidio Innocase II for their EVO? Well, apparently there is a huge flaw in the design. Many users are reporting that the case actually scratches the EVO.

One guy took pics and sent Seidio an email and after a few replies, it looks as if Seidio is willing to replace the original case with a newly redesigned case. Here's the original thread and here is seidio's response:

Quote:
Originally Posted by seidioseidio
Hello All,
We appreciate your honest feedback and apologize for the problems a few of you are having. There are two issues we've seen posted here and would like to address both. First of all, for those of you experiencing a loose fit, we did make some minor adjustments to alleviate this issue. As to scratching the device with the case, we've been unable to duplicate this problem internally. As a precaution we have decided to add our rubberized coating to the inside of the case for an extra layer of protection. Anyone with either of these issues can contact us and we'll be more than happy to get you taken care of.
Regards,

I used to get Seidio stuff all the time, so i'm glad theyre resolving this issue with customers. I don't have this case, but i thought i'd give those who do have it a heads up. If i had the case and didn't have scratches (yet), i'd try and exchange it for the new one before any scratches do appear.

Last edited by lipidfats; 06-22-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrooster94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Seidio Innocase II scratches EVO, Seidio willing to replace w. new rubberized ver

I just bought my Seidio Innocase II last week, just came in the mail today and they did in fact change the inside. No issues here, heck the fit is so tight that I can barely even get the dang thing off.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Seidio Innocase II scratches EVO, Seidio willing to replace w. new rubberized ver

Mine left HUGE scratches all over the sides.
Old 06-22-2010, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4g

jeffy2walgreens is a n00b

i just received my innocase in the mail today. how do i know if it has the improved inside? is it supposed to feel like the outside?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: sprint

houseman is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to houseman Send a message via Skype™ to houseman

That looks like a different model phone? That led frame looks a little more square then my evo. Mine has an angle going towards the led getting smaller, make my case slide on an off with ease, no scratches from it. I had my phone an case since 4 june. Now i have the one from best buy;they say it is the same? An can that be the non sprint evo?
Old 06-22-2010, 03:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: a phone
Carrier: none of your buisness

Boo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on repBoo Boo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

user error
Old 06-22-2010, 03:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

themogul8 is a n00b

Can you elaborate on what the inside of the replacement case is like? I have one of the re-branded best buy seidio cases and it has like a felt inside to it.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO

Iron.Wraith is keeping up the good workIron.Wraith is keeping up the good work

My heart dropped a notch or two when I saw this post ! I pulled my case really quick and no scratches. I'm thinking my fits snug enough though because I had to shim it up with scotch tape at where the two parts join. It would pop and shift and gave the whole phone a cheap feeling. Anyone else have that issue? I may have to order one of the new ones just to be safe though. It's horribly ironic for a protective case to scratch what it was made to protect...
Old 06-22-2010, 09:55 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

moved to HTC Evo 4G Accessories
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-22-2010, 11:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo - Rooted!

LoungeLizard is keeping up the good workLoungeLizard is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to LoungeLizard Send a message via Yahoo to LoungeLizard

I also have the best buy rebranded case. I wonder if they will replace those as well?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories