PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2007, 03:35 PM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC TouchFlo works ;)

Very nicely, it seems, on the 6700 running WM6.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=343583

Ok, so now I really really love the 6700 again

I installed FTouchFlo_v1.4.1.CAB and HTCCube2.cab, soft reset, and started flipping cubes

All files from xda, and developed by all the great folks there, included here for ease of use. Consider it early alpha stuff, I don't think any of this is romable just yet but once it all stableizes it would make a great OEM.

Somewhat big download, 1.1MB zipped, > 5MB unzipped

Notes from others in this thread

? Problem: I installed the cube, and now my Contacts tab in HTC Home is gone!
* Resolution: Delete the registry key: HKLM\Software\OEM\MASD\QuickDial (then soft reset)

Also, only the HTCCube2.cab is needed for a fully functioning cube.

How Does It Work

Swipe your finger or the stylus up from the bottom (mid-screen) to bring up the cube. If you are using your finger, you'll probably have to press a little harder then you would think - mind those fingernails!. Pretty much it works like the touch.

HINT: Until you get the hang of it, try using your stylus to get the cube up, or to scroll in apps - it is a lot easier to get it to work with the stylus - the thing about FTouchFlo is you HAVE TO MOVE right away when you start a "swipe" - any pause at the beginning and the FTouchFlo app will decide you want to let the normal WM tap action happen.

So you need to practice that smooth "Pen/finger down and move" maneuver... once you get it, you'll have it. You can tweak the numbers in the setting file, but I'd see if you can figure out how to do it as is, first.

Issues/Support

You can tell FTouchFlo which apps you don't want it messing with, you just need to add the app (by name) to the exception list, then soft reset.

Edit \Program Files\Touch Flo\FTouchFloConfig.txt

Good apps to add to the exceptions list:
S2U2 - so cube actions don't work when your screen is locked via S2U2
Notes - so you can draw in notes with ease

So add
Exclude:S2U2
Exclude:Notes

Then soft-reset

Known problems

If you use device lock FTouchFlo doesn't play well.

Screen align won't work with flow running - you'll need to remove the flow links from startup, soft reset, align, return, or some other mojo - I'll see if I can come up with some clean procedure for this, but if you suffer from frequent realigns this isn't going to work well for you

More on Alignment Not working - workarounds

As you probably noticed by now, you'll need to move some links out of the \Windows\Startup folder and then soft-reset to safely disable the FTouchFlo app and regain the ability to align your screen.

Once you've got your alignment fixed, you have to put all the links back in, and soft-reset again.

I'm thinking a safer way to run is to leave all the cube/tflow links out of the \Windows\Startup folder - just move em somewhere else. When I soft reset, I just run em manually once. That way, if I ever run into some weird need to realign screen, all I need to do is softreset, I can then align the screen, manually launch the TFlo app, and I'm good to go.

I can probably make a mortscript that sits in the startup folder, and after a minute or two launches the flo and cube stuff... that would make it load automatically, but still give me a couple minutes to align the screen after a soft reset. So far I'm not resetting all that often, so its no big deal.

Oh, and if you are using the cube and ftouchflo, you really don't need to run all those "preload" links in \Windows\Startup for the cube - the cube will work fine, just a bit slow the first time you see any "face", if you don't. If you never bring up the cube, you won't lose the half meg or so of ram preloading takes, either.

Keep an eye on the actual FTouchFlo development thread over at xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=338143
Attached Files
File Type: zip xdatflocubecabs.zip (1.07 MB, 2433 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by schettj; 11-24-2007 at 07:51 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 03:53 PM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Ah... some screenshots...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CapScr0007.jpg (23.4 KB, 1024 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0002.jpg (23.4 KB, 988 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0003.jpg (12.4 KB, 741 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0004.jpg (15.8 KB, 749 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg CapScr0005.jpg (9.7 KB, 511 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-17-2007, 04:00 PM
TKC
Lurker

TKC is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Works perfectly.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

vboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvboyz103 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Thanks OP for posting the cab, and worked perfectly on my 6700.
Now we really don't need the 6800 nor the Touch.
Old 11-17-2007, 04:33 PM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

Minor followup if you use S2U2... it does not hurt to add S2U2 to the excluded app list in:
\Program Files\FTouchFlo\FTouchFloConfig.txt
\Program Files\Touch Flo\FTouchFloConfig.txt

Soft reset after.... then you won't get a cube rotate action when you swipe in s2u2 - which is kinda a good thing

Man, that cube thing is addictive. For some reason, the xda cube app setting thing doesn't work, but you can use a reg editor to tweak the apps, icons, etc.

Last edited by schettj; 11-17-2007 at 04:38 PM.
Old 11-17-2007, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anton2006 is a n00b
I installed both cabs and I can't figure out how to launch the actual cube ? I run FTouchFlo but it doesn't do anything ?
Old 11-17-2007, 05:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

TMB_XV6700 is just getting started
shettj,
Thanks for posting this - very cool. Couple comments just from fooling around for 15 minutes.
1. Must install in main memory (extended rom doesn't work, dang).
2. I had Anton's problem - I had to open MemMaid and look at running processes just to confirm they were running. Started the cube accidentally by swiping with my thumb from the bottom up on the today screen (Anton).
3. The Cube seems a little gimmicky to me - a great thing to show other people, but I really can't see myself using it much, with its 4MB storage load, it is definitely a removal candidate.
4. This is my first experience with the touchflo interface, and I am absolutely blown away - the implementation just seems great. I'd use the microwave oven analogy - I didn't realize I needed it until I had it. Thumb scrolling is king!
Thanks again, shettj
Old 11-17-2007, 05:41 PM
morsus mihi
Threadstarter

Oops - yep need to install internal memory - storage needs is why its good for the rom

To launch, just swipe across left or right, or from bottom middle to top, in today
Old 11-17-2007, 05:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P4000, UTStarcom 6700, HTC S720, Moto Q, Moto Q9c
Carrier: TELUS

phuangk is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by schettj View Post
Minor followup if you use S2U2... it does not hurt to add S2U2 to the excluded app list in:
\Program Files\FTouchFlo\FTouchFloConfig.txt
\Program Files\Touch Flo\FTouchFloConfig.txt

Soft reset after.... then you won't get a cube rotate action when you swipe in s2u2 - which is kinda a good thing

Man, that cube thing is addictive. For some reason, the xda cube app setting thing doesn't work, but you can use a reg editor to tweak the apps, icons, etc.
hmm I have no problem using the Cube setting to change the audio player from the default setting to WIndows Media player..
Good thing about this version of TouchCube is, it won't eat up application memory like the flash version did
One personal problem I have with this touchCube thingy is.. I HATE to see the Finger Print all over the screen..
Old 11-17-2007, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anton2006 is a n00b
Thanks guys, got it to work no problems ! .. Pretty nifty

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development