PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2010, 04:29 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

Husker411 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Calendar appointments off 1 hr. -- this is absolutely driving me to drink!

Hello all,

After some digging on Microsoft's site I came across this download for the Windows Mobile OS.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...gs-update.mspx

Now I grant that this update is from August of last year but after I applied the update to my Sprint HTC Mogul my appointments for next week are the correct time (I'm on Central Time in the US). Before all my appointments were an hour ahead of what they should have been (9am instead of 10am), which is the same as what I believe everyone here is experiencing.

It says that it works for Windows Mobile 5.0, 6.0, 6.1 and 6.5, so it should work for the newer phones too. After installing the update it shows up in my Remove Programs list so you should be able to remove it if it doesn't work for your phone.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by Husker411; 03-09-2010 at 04:31 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

thank you - this solution seems to have worked for me- now just to see what happens on sunday!! At least you can uninstall it!
p.s. When I first switch to a day where one of the "hour off" events was I see for a second the "wrong- 1 hour off time" which then switches to the correct time- WIERD ( I saw others in this thread have seen the same the same thing)

Last edited by jimmyz; 03-09-2010 at 10:55 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I apologize for not reading through this entire post, but I just solved this issue for my newest ROM built earlier today. The problem was in the registry entry relating to the 2016 SMS issue:

[HKLM\Software\OEM\SMS] "RecvTimeDateStamp" dword:X0000001

I deleted this entry and it seemed to correct the problem. I am not sure if this will work for you guys, or if you have the registry entry in your rom, but any help is better than no help. If the problem persists and your on Sprint, you can always give my ROM a go: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=109784
Old 03-10-2010, 12:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I don't have that registry entry
For what its worth the "fix" made all my "all day" appts appear one day earlier on my phone (on outlook they were fine)- I had to go through on outlook- click off the all day, click it back on then hit save and close. After I activesynced again things looked good- what a major PITA!
Again I see others have had the same problem earlier in the thread (I should have read it more carefully!)

Last edited by jimmyz; 03-10-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 03-10-2010, 01:35 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

AH! I just checked and my phone is showing all my appointments after 3/14 as 1 hour early! My all day events are also 1 day early. But outlook and Exchange have the correct times.

I just quickly read over this thread, but is there a confirmed fix for this? Or do we have to wait until the time change on Sunday?

EDIT: I just made this thread to see how many people are affected. I linked them back here to discuss the fixes. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113645

Last edited by [sammich]; 03-10-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 03-11-2010, 11:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

johnnymac is just getting started

I got it to work. I had to hard reset the device... Apply the MS DST cab, then configure my exchange server info, then sync and all of my appontments/all day events are correct.... even after 3/14!
Old 03-11-2010, 12:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: RazrMaxx
Carrier: vzw

cbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcbreze is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I seem to have only 2 recurring appts that are an hour ahead. When I change them to be correct they revert back. Very strange behaviour. Thought it was a recurring appt thing but all my others are fine, it's just these two. Weird
Old 03-11-2010, 01:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I posted this in the other thread. I'll post it here too:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I did the ms tap dance (installed the patch cab and ran the timezone tool), and my appointments were still off by one hour. I then went into outlook>tools>options>calendar options>timezone> and unchecked adjust for DST. This seems to have corrected the problem... for now lol as he knocks on wood.
Old 03-11-2010, 02:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

johnnymac is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by chas123 View Post
I posted this in the other thread. I'll post it here too:

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but I did the ms tap dance (installed the patch cab and ran the timezone tool), and my appointments were still off by one hour. I then went into outlook>tools>options>calendar options>timezone> and unchecked adjust for DST. This seems to have corrected the problem... for now lol as he knocks on wood.
Thanks for the post...

I never had any problems with my Touch Pro and the calendar... I literally got the TP2 yesterday, connected to my exchange server and voila, the dates on my phone were messed up. (They were fine on the Touch Pro). So, while changing that setting may have helped, it's not the reason for the problems we are seeing. I was on the phone with Sprint this morning -advanced tech support, and they were unaware of the issue. The tech person also asked a collegue (who had a TP2) and he didn't have the problem. but get this THE TECH SUPPORT GUY at SPRINT HAD A TOUCH PRO2 FROM AT&T!!!!
Old 03-11-2010, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

chas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on repchas123 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
Thanks for the post...

I never had any problems with my Touch Pro and the calendar... I literally got the TP2 yesterday, connected to my exchange server and voila, the dates on my phone were messed up. (They were fine on the Touch Pro). So, while changing that setting may have helped, it's not the reason for the problems we are seeing. I was on the phone with Sprint this morning -advanced tech support, and they were unaware of the issue. The tech person also asked a collegue (who had a TP2) and he didn't have the problem. but get this THE TECH SUPPORT GUY at SPRINT HAD A TOUCH PRO2 FROM AT&T!!!!
I don't use exchange, but my appointments were showing up 1 hour off after a usb sync until I changed that setting. I never experienced that problem with my TP either, but, then again, I never ran anything above 6.1 on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2