PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2009, 02:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte
First Time Flashing (DC22) the Omnia i910 Walkthrough

Long Over Due (^_~)

Upgrading tools- Upgrade to DC22

Disclaimer: This method have been done numerous times by me and other members. None had an issue and this is the only way to upgrade to dc22 if you are running Vista that I know of. However, Flashing your phone might brick it. By following the rules and downloading the items I provide you acknowledging the above statement and agreeing not to hold me responsible in any way, shape or form to any damages that might happen to your i910 Omnia. I ain't responsible, never was and never will be. With that being said, follow the rules and you should be OK

Please follow the rules, make sure your phone is fully charged before updating. Most Custom ROM files are .7z files. To extract them use 7zip.

1. Install the Samsung USB Driver found HERE and restart your computer.
2. Download UMDL found HERE.
3. Download the DC22.img file found HERE.
4. Run the sync program, go to settings and uncheck the sync via USB option.

5. Run UMDL, choose Unified Image File and choose the dc22.img from step 3. than hit detect.

Connect your i910 and restart it. Let it do its thing. DO NOT disconnect the USB cable while upgrading. Once the upgrade is done, your phone will restart.

How to install a new ROM after DC22 upgrade:

1. Download the .bin file- Install the Samsung USB Driver found [url="http://www.4shared.com/file/AFJy8hL8/SamsungUSBDriver_4_40_7_0_v1_6.html"]HERE[/)
2. Run the sync program, go to settings and uncheck the sync via USB option.

3. Run UMDL but this time pick PDA and hit detect

Connect your i910 and restart it. Let it do its thing. DO NOT disconnect the USB cable while upgrading. Once the upgrade is done, your phone will restart and you'll have your new ROM on it. Congrats! you've done it!

Last edited by lioryte; 07-13-2010 at 12:20 AM. Reason: updating
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 01-28-2010, 02:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

bentleysmom is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to bentleysmom
Re: First Time Flashing (CF03) the Omnia i910 Walkthrough

I always thought flashing was A LOT more complicated than that. This sounds really simple. If it's really that simple why has no one thanked this post yet?!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-29-2010, 02:27 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: i910 WM6.5
Carrier: VZ
Threadstarter

lioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on replioryte is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to lioryte Send a message via Skype™ to lioryte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentleysmom View Post
I always thought flashing was A LOT more complicated than that. This sounds really simple. If it's really that simple why has no one thanked this post yet?!
LOL

Can't tell ya. I do know that CF03 was d/l more than 50 times and the driver+UMDL more than 80 times...Thank you would be nice but isn't why I do these things.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Page Plus

Palin is a n00b

I will say a BIG thanks as I was having a heck of a time trying to find a download for the USB driver file and here it is linked oh so nicely in your post. I bought my Omnia used with no software and I am beginning to regret that decision.

One quick question. Is this a generic driver that works for all Samsung phones/Windows OS versions or do they have a driver for each of their phones/Windows OS?
Old 02-18-2010, 12:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

iceberg18 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by lioryte View Post
LOL

Can't tell ya. I do know that CF03 was d/l more than 50 times and the driver+UMDL more than 80 times...Thank you would be nice but isn't why I do these things.
Simply because they are able to download it without having to login into the site, while clicking the "thanks" button requires a login to see.
Old 02-28-2010, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

voyageurs60 is a n00b

My Omnia i910 has been in mothballs for 9 or 10 months now. I have been watching the forum for status of updates and am now thinking to try to update the OS to one of the cooked ROMS.

Question #1 - which update should I use?

Question #2 - looking at settings the following is the results

WM 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.20276 (Build 20276.1..3.3)

See in the basics for flashing - should be at CF03... not sure what this means...

Thanks for your help with a NOOB to updating my phone. Dan
Old 02-28-2010, 04:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

mzimmer74 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by voyageurs60 View Post
My Omnia i910 has been in mothballs for 9 or 10 months now. I have been watching the forum for status of updates and am now thinking to try to update the OS to one of the cooked ROMS.

Question #1 - which update should I use?

Question #2 - looking at settings the following is the results

WM 6.1 Professional
CE OS 5.2.20276 (Build 20276.1..3.3)

See in the basics for flashing - should be at CF03... not sure what this means...

Thanks for your help with a NOOB to updating my phone. Dan
It's hard to say which ROM you should go to...many great options out there although I'm really liking Lioryte's base ROM right now. Take a look at the options out there and see if there are any that look interesting to you.

As far as the "CF03" goes, you need to look at the "Version" part of settings (Go to Start-->Settings-->System-->Version). In there you should find a line called "ROM Version" which has a long description. In that description, you should see V.CF03 (For example, mine shows S:i910.10 V.CF03.20961). CF03 is the ROM which was officially released by Verizon/Samsung to update the Omnia. If you do not have that, you must first update to CF03 before installing any of the newer ROMS. If you have never flashed your phone, then most likely you do not have CF03. In that case, follow the instructions in this post for upgrading your phone to it. Then, start having fun with custom ROMS.

Hope that helps.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:12 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung i910

voyageurs60 is a n00b

I kept following the method to see if CF03 was installed on my Verizon Omnia. The proper method is... Main Menue - Settings - All Settings - System Tab - version (has an 'i' icon at bottom of list)... hope this helps others... Dan
Old 03-20-2010, 08:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: XV6700

lr_ppcer is a n00b

I'm getting the WIN USB INITIALIZE error, and then UMDL stops working.

Using Vista 32bit. Any help?
Old 03-20-2010, 08:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by lr_ppcer View Post
I'm getting the WIN USB INITIALIZE error, and then UMDL stops working.

Using Vista 32bit. Any help?
Is USB sync checked off in mobile sync center?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia > Omnia Development