PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2007, 01:57 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie
Dashwire 2.0 (Updated 6/24/08)

(7/16)ATTENTION: I'VE ARCHIVED A BUNCH OF THE OLD POSTS SINCE VERSION 2.0 IS NOW OUT. I MAY ARCHIVE ANOTHER BUNCH AFTER DISCUSSION REGARDING 2.0 GETS UP TO SPEED, THAT WAY FOLKS DON'T HAVE TO WEED THROUGH 30+ PAGES OF POSTS.
THE ARCHIVING DOES NOT DECREASE YOUR POST COUNT.

DashWire2.0 is out!! They have implimented some pretty cool changes as well!! This is what they sent, and released to the media:

Dashwire offers the industry leading connected service to help people
effortlessly connect their mobile phones with their computers and the web.
As you've seen with the Apple MobileMe and Nokia OVI initiatives, the
connected services space is on fire, creating exciting opportunities and
demand for a free, cross-platform solution like Dashwire.

As you know, Dashwire helps users take the contacts, text messages, calls,
photos, videos, and settings from their phones to the web, where they can
backup their stuff, search & interact with their information, and share
their experiences with friends and social sites. Dashwire keeps the phone
and the web constantly connected, so that the stuff done on one
automatically shows up on the other in just a few seconds.

Up to this point, we've primarily focused on helping users effortlessly
bring their mobile phone and content it captures up to the web. Starting
next week, a major focus for us going forward will also be enabling users to
bring the content they care about from the web instantly down to their
phones, and allowing them to interact with it in a fast, new user interface.

Our new Dashwire Mobile release is the first of many big steps in this
direction. Available on http://m.dashwire.com for Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6,
new features include:

. Graphical phone experience featuring user avatar, status updates,
and media gallery

. Interact from their phones with photos & videos located on their
Dashwire web accounts or uploaded from their computers - even if the actual
media files aren't on their phones

. Share media items with friends - as they're captured

. Mobile photo & video blogging

. Control privacy & media publishing from their phones

. Remotely update current status to Facebook & Twitter

You can check out a video demo of Dashwire 2.0 by visiting:
http://dashwire.com/tour/videodashmobile. Symbian S60 will be available in
Q3 08.

late,
Coz

Last edited by CozBoogie; 07-16-2008 at 02:54 PM. Reason: updated software
This post has been thanked 8 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
2.0 is out!!!!!!!

DashWire2.0 is out!! They have implimented some pretty cool changes as well!! This is what they sent, and released to the media:

Dashwire offers the industry leading connected service to help people
effortlessly connect their mobile phones with their computers and the web.
As you've seen with the Apple MobileMe and Nokia OVI initiatives, the
connected services space is on fire, creating exciting opportunities and
demand for a free, cross-platform solution like Dashwire.

As you know, Dashwire helps users take the contacts, text messages, calls,
photos, videos, and settings from their phones to the web, where they can
backup their stuff, search & interact with their information, and share
their experiences with friends and social sites. Dashwire keeps the phone
and the web constantly connected, so that the stuff done on one
automatically shows up on the other in just a few seconds.

Up to this point, we've primarily focused on helping users effortlessly
bring their mobile phone and content it captures up to the web. Starting
next week, a major focus for us going forward will also be enabling users to
bring the content they care about from the web instantly down to their
phones, and allowing them to interact with it in a fast, new user interface.

Our new Dashwire Mobile release is the first of many big steps in this
direction. Available on http://m.dashwire.com for Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6,
new features include:

. Graphical phone experience featuring user avatar, status updates,
and media gallery

. Interact from their phones with photos & videos located on their
Dashwire web accounts or uploaded from their computers - even if the actual
media files aren't on their phones

. Share media items with friends - as they're captured

. Mobile photo & video blogging

. Control privacy & media publishing from their phones

. Remotely update current status to Facebook & Twitter

You can check out a video demo of Dashwire 2.0 by visiting:
http://dashwire.com/tour/videodashmobile. Symbian S60 will be available in
Q3 08.

P.S. Mods...if you think this deserves a thread of it's own please do, I didn't know if it did!!

Old 06-24-2008, 12:08 PM
Coz-erator
Threadstarter

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Dashwire

Yeah, I just got that same email. I'll update the first post.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:22 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Dashwire 2.0 (Updated 6/24/08)

Coz...you were a beta as well? Almost makes you wish they had a beta forum like some others, I would have loved to discuss a couple things along the way. Apparently battery consumption is still an issue (how bad was yours? Mine is about 4.5-6% per hour sitting idle), but some of the other changes are great!!!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Coz-erator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Coz...you were a beta as well? Almost makes you wish they had a beta forum like some others, I would have loved to discuss a couple things along the way. Apparently battery consumption is still an issue (how bad was yours? Mine is about 4.5-6% per hour sitting idle), but some of the other changes are great!!!
Yep, I was beta testing too. I was told to keep it all "hush-hush" and all that top secret stuff. My battery consumption was probably about the same. The first version of "dogfood" that I had was a bit buggy on my 700wx (could only start it after a soft reset and after that it wouldn't open again). However I emailed the friendly folks at DW and they came out with another update. After that it's been great.

late,
Coz
Old 06-24-2008, 12:31 PM
Coz-erator
Threadstarter

I posted this in the first post as well:

ATTENTION: I'VE ARCHIVED A BUNCH OF THE OLD POSTS SINCE VERSION 2.0 IS NOW OUT. I MAY ARCHIVE ANOTHER BUNCH AFTER DISCUSSION REGARDING 2.0 GETS UP TO SPEED, THAT WAY FOLKS DON'T HAVE TO WEED THROUGH 30+ PAGES OF POSTS.
THE ARCHIVING DOES NOT DECREASE YOUR POST COUNT.

late,
Coz
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:35 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
Yep, I was beta testing too. I was told to keep it all "hush-hush" and all that top secret stuff. My battery consumption was probably about the same. The first version of "dogfood" that I had was a bit buggy on my 700wx (could only start it after a soft reset and after that it wouldn't open again). However I emailed the friendly folks at DW and they came out with another update. After that it's been great.

late,
Coz
Did you notice the pictures resizing themselves to fit our screen in version 2? That was cool, but the thing that really bugged me (other than battery consumption) is apparently fixed in this release....confirm to close (THAT was a biggie for me).

Also, how is texting for you? Can you text from/to Dashboard? I find I can't send with any consistancy!
Old 06-24-2008, 12:54 PM
Coz-erator
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Did you notice the pictures resizing themselves to fit our screen in version 2? That was cool, but the thing that really bugged me (other than battery consumption) is apparently fixed in this release....confirm to close (THAT was a biggie for me).

Also, how is texting for you? Can you text from/to Dashboard? I find I can't send with any consistancy!
Yeah the pictures resizing is pretty cool. I haven't play around with 2.0 too much yet (I'm at work and it's harder to play with the phone than to look busy typing on the pc). But I'll for sure check it out.

And yeah, the Dashboard seemed a bit sketchy as to what text messages it uploaded, displayed, etc. And as with you, texting from it was sketchy too.

But overall it's a sweet little app that I know I will continue to use and pimp.

late,
Coz
Old 06-24-2008, 01:00 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cozboogie View Post
But overall it's a sweet little app that I know I will continue to use and pimp.

late,
Coz
PimpMaster Coz....In the house!!!!!

(sorry....couldn't resist!!!)
Old 06-24-2008, 02:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tilt, Touch
Carrier: ATT

Dashwire is keeping up the good workDashwire is keeping up the good work

Just want to give a quick shout out to syrguy1969 and cozboogie for their help throughout our beta testing. Definitely contributed quality feedback to us through the process. Thanks again guys for everything. With your help Dashwire is rockin the new mobile client today!

Are you using the latest Dashwire Mobile client (http://m.dashwire.com)? Are you running WinMo 6.1 and want to try our latest release (http://m.dashwire.com/beta)?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software