PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2008, 08:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone sucessfully put a Sprint Touch Pro on the VZW Network yet?

for the umpteenth time its been stated
yes I wanted my TP I bought from sprint to work on vzw's open network which is a joke. Waiting for verizon's version is just that waiting
considering my personal reasons (moguls die with me more than people from starvation) it was time for a needed upgrade
and save from the pagepool, this is an unbelievable phone...
so yes it works on vzw network, yes I'm posting a tutorial of what I did soon I sure am! so others can
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible / Sprint Touch Pro

RdBrd83 is keeping up the good workRdBrd83 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to RdBrd83

I really appreciate what you've done, and look forward to the tutorial. I bought one off ebay over the weekend, and it should be here this week. Switching from Verizon is not an option for me at the moment, and my Apache has hung on for it's life long enough. Top that off with the indefinite wait, possible gimped specs, an altered keyboard, and forced data plan, and this really does seem like the best option. I'm glad somebody figured it out! Just wanted you to know your work is going to help at least one person, and many others I am sure.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio , TP2 , TP, Omnia, XV68, 67, and 6600

timshady337 is a n00b

I tried to get my sprint diamond over on VZW a few weeks ago. I did everything right, but when tried OTAP it said it couldn't authenticate my phone. I never heard about option 3. Was it because sprint just realeased the phone and verizon didn't have the model in there network yet? I kept on playing with the radio to get it to work. I ended up messing up the radio i think becouse i cant get it to boot even with the shipped rom. I thought locking the bootlaoder would bring it back to stock. It didn't. (note to self) NEVER relock your phone if you want to keep flashing! I guess i have a bricked diamond, until i get some nv items. Leason learned, untill my sprint Touch Pro comes in (-8

Last edited by timshady337; 11-11-2008 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

chaseacej is a n00b

I'm looking forward to the tutorial. I was planning on waiting til verizon released their TP but I'm still on the fence. I wont use their now required $30 data plan enough to justify the cost. So I'm hoping that if I would ebay the Sprint TP that I can get it activated without having to pay for the data plan since I didn't purchase from them.
Old 11-13-2008, 07:23 PM
kjhee43

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I don't mind paying for the data plan, I just don't want less ram and an up arrow between my N and M keys! I am waiting for the walk-through promised by Noir and if it is pretty straight forward (i am not new to phone modding, but this will be my first ppc) then i will be buying my spring touch pro on eBay ASAP. Please Noir, get your guide together. i want to sell my dare and get a sprint TP on VZW!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:33 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Imagio (prev. Titan 6800)

ftropea is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjhee43 View Post
I don't mind paying for the data plan, I just don't want less ram and an up arrow between my N and M keys! I am waiting for the walk-through promised by Noir and if it is pretty straight forward (i am not new to phone modding, but this will be my first ppc) then i will be buying my spring touch pro on eBay ASAP. Please Noir, get your guide together. i want to sell my dare and get a sprint TP on VZW!

Ditto!

They may seem like small tradeoffs, but I want to optimal version of this phone.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

fitbryan is a n00b

done.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44663
Old 11-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

snackle is a n00b

Ok so this is my first post as I've been poking around here since I just got my Sprint TP yesterday, still tweaking and fiddling, first venture into the PPC world Great community you have here with some amazing resources, I thank you all for your time and effort...already I've dramatically improved the usability of my phone compared to how it operated out of the box.

I had one question as I read thru all this (not looking to switch personally but still the general knowledge interests me) What differeces does VZW TFL3D have compared to Sprints? What makes it better/more responsive?
Old 04-15-2009, 06:32 PM
Lurker

LNoah is a n00b

I'm not able to see anybody's tutorials. But i am really excited about this. I can't wait to switch over to a phone with a keyboard. The omnia is great, but I've realized a keyboard is a necessity
Old 04-15-2009, 06:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel HTC Touch Pro

RonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRonDutt is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Yes, Vzw is finally releasing their touch pro this month. Yahoo and joy abound! But if you don't want a memory crippled phone dealing with vzw locking restrictions and etc (ie keyboard), please take a moment to read through this tutorial. And no, there isn't anything illegal to my knowledge in this tutorial.

Getting your sprint phone on a vzw network

What you will need

you will needStep One
You can perform this step on your phone. Install Baffles MSL Grabber and write your MSL. My suggestion is to open up a text document and type it there because it will be necessary later on.

Step Two
Unlock your device using the Raphael team elite unlocker for sprint. I used the second link (I believe .37).

Step Three
Install the htc modem drivers on your computer (that's kind of important)

Step Four
Install QPST on your computer

Step Five
If you completed all the preliminary steps, you should be ready to fully begin. At this point, you can perform the steps on the vzw leaked rom or on your sprint touch pro rom. If you are performing this on the sprint touch pro rom, you will need DCD carriers cab. On the vzw rom, however, I have noted that MMS does work on the phone (and you know how much we love our mms). I think this is solely up to you whether or not you use either rom for operation. Remember though, if you are doing this on a sprint rom

DMR mode for sprint is
##3424#

Whereas DMR for vzw is
##3424 and press the send key (send key is below the home hardware button - you can also use the send key on the phone)

Also EPST for sprint is
##778#

whereas this for a vzw phone is

##778 and hit the send key

So how you will work is solely up to you

What you would need to do next is place your phone in DMR mode. Connect your phone to your computer via usb mode. If everything worked okay, the popup for drivers shouldn't come up at all. Start QPST config and select ports

Step Six
Now, in QPST, your phone should come up. If it doesn't, right click on my computer and select properties. Click hardware and then device manager. Click view and device by connection. Click on your USB controllers and don't stop until you see HTC. Notice the com port that the HTC device is on (mine on two different computers, running xp or vista was COM5, yours may be different). Take a note of this and return to QPST config. Now, click add COM port, and add the port you saw in the device manager. QPST will pick up the phone.

Step Seven
Now, click on services and go to services programming. Select your phone and begin. This will ask for your MSL. Type it in and continue. Click read from phone. You may have to retype that MSL code, if not good. but on some cases, it asked me for my MSL code twice (unfortunately) so I typed it in twice. The point of it all is this - to get the data from your phone to QPST

Step Eight - changing your MSL
Now that you are in QPST Service programming, you can change your MSL unlock code. Please change it to 000000. That is vzw's MSL code, and it is so easy to remember for later on. Once this is done, click write to phone. I caution, do not close out of QPST service programming until this is done! You will know when this is done if you can see that the buttons read from phone, write to phone, are not grayed out.

Step Nine (optional)
Okay so at this point, I installed the leaked vzw rom but it is not necessary to perform this step at all. Its just something I did to make things a lot easier on me. Individual results can vary though.

Step Ten
Now, its time to change our MIP settings. Go into EPST and select your MIP profile. On your phone you can edit the information to match the following:

MIP Profile
Number of profiles: 6
Active user profile index: 0
MIP_MODE: Mobile IP Prefered
MIP Reg Retries: 2
MIP Reg Retry: 1750 ms
MIP Pre-Reg Timeout: 0
Mobile Node-HA: Enable
Send A Reg: Disable
Dormant Handoff Opt: Enable

Step Eleven
Now in EPST, go to MIP default profile and edit the information on your phone to match these settings:

MIP Default Profile
Enable Profile: Enable
NAI: mynumber@vzw3g.com (MDN@vzw3g.com)
DUN NAI: (if entry is there enter MDN@vzw3g.com so you can tether without a tethering package or MDN@dun.vzw3g.com if you want paid tethering))
MN HA SPI Set: Enable
MN HA SPI Value: 12C
MN AAA SPI Set: Enable
MN AAA SPI Value: 0 (requires a "2" here for 6800 and 6900)
Reverse Tunneling: Enable
Home Address: 0.0.0.0
HA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
AAA Shared Secret: (erase whatever entry is here leave blank)
Primary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
Secondary HA Address: 255.255.255.255
DMU Pub Key: 10
MN Authenticator: 0

It is very important to erase the HA and AAA shared keys. We will return back to them momentarily

Step Eleven
Complete changes from EPST and the device will soft reset. Now place your phone in diag mode. Connect your phone to your computer and enter QPST EFS explorer. Unzip the DMU keys and notice you will see the file on your hard drive. In EFS explorer, you will see the DMU folder. Right click on the folder and you will be able to insert a DMU key via the file explorer on your computer. Select the DMU key file and press okay. The information will be written to the phone.

Step Twelve
Drag your PRL file you downloaded from your computer to your cell phone memory. Dial ##PRL and hit send if you are on vzw rom, if not ##PRL# if you are still on the sprint rom. This will lead to a dialog box on your phone that will allow you to locate the PRL file you loaded onto your phone. Make sure the PRL is in a directory where you can access it when you browse for it on your phone.

Step Thirteen
Place your phone back in diag mode. Connect to QPST service programming and go to the MIP default profile (AAA shared secret and HA shared secret is where you need to go in Service programming). If there is anything in those two areas, delete it, click enter hex values and leave it blank. Write to phone.

Step Fourteen
If you are still on a sprint phone, install DCD vzw carrier cab. If not, please dial *228. The menu has changed, so you will have to hear EVERY option before selecting. You will enter option number 3. Go through the prompts on vzw's end and the phone will program and soft reset.

Step Fifteen
Once your phone has soft reset, you're almost done! You should have text messaging and voice, but data not yet. So to get data, you have some options. If you can't get data to authenticate, follow step thirteen. Then force the phone into 1x mode (I don't care how you do it - what I did was go to a mall basement) and connect to the internet in 1x mode. EvDO won't work, but 1x does work. What is going to happen is the HA and AAA shared keys will be written. If all goes well, you should have your sprint touch pro phone 99.9% working on vzw network.

Now, the roaming triangle will stay there, I'm still working on how to remove that. But it will work everyday. Enjoy your new phone =)

Special thanks to Nex, Baffles, drellisdee, and KilgoreBA for the help. I haven't started my hand at a vzw rom, but I will eventually...
Don't recall who posted it but I saved it in gmail in case something happened to it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro