PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile USA

darnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuffdarnell knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up Old ProClip + IGrip knockoff = Perfect Combination!

Since I have BodyGuardz on my Touch Pro, I never wanted to try using a ProClip Touch Pro holder with my ProClip dash mount. Since it was already mentioned, that the ProClip holder could cause the BodyGuardz to rub off on the sides. I had been using an IGrip knockoff, that can hold the Touch Pro in portrait or landscape and someone showed how it looks in landscape in this prior comment. But not having that nice ProClip car mount in use was just getting to me. So I figured out a way to use the ProClip mount in combination with the IGrip type holder.

I still had the ProClip device holder from my old Treo 800w. I sawed off the sides of it, so just the flat portion remained. (I used an MXZ saw, but I guess any common hack saw will do the job.) This gave me a flat backing to use with the old ProClip swivel attachment. Then I took the IGrip knockoff's back piece that would normally be used for vent mounting, removed the vent mount tab from it and used some MightyPutty, to attach it to the ProClip. From there, simply attach the IGrip knockoff's holder piece to what used to be it's back for vent mounting and it's done. A custom ProClip, that can hold the Touch Pro in portrait or landscape and has full swivel functionality.

I've attached pictures.

I might use some black paint to have the MightyPutty blend in a bit, but this makes me happy for now .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_2277.JPG (440.8 KB, 80 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 100_2278.JPG (607.3 KB, 43 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 100_2280.JPG (567.8 KB, 41 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 100_2281.JPG (534.7 KB, 39 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg 100_2284.JPG (571.2 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
Old 03-01-2009, 04:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Ranger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRanger093 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Looking for a car mount.

The ones on ebay that charge and have a FM transmitter or the one w/o a transmitter does NOT fit the CDMA pro. You need to use a dremel and a chisel to get rid of some of the plastic on the top so it does not rub on your phone and ruin the Gay chrome.
Old 05-24-2009, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

I'm wondering if the Igrip Custom Fit Holder for the ATT Fuze will work with the Sprint Touch Pro.
This one from HTC Depot
Probably the same one on Ebay
This one show it able to open and close in Landscape, but I dont think it really works that way

I wouldnt mind the foam sliding side ones for in my truck, but I'm looking for something for my motorcycle as well and I just dont trust the sliding style, I want something that clips my phone in.

How the holder mounts to my vehicles I will figure out, I just need something that holds the phone itself very very well as I dont want my $300 phone sliding down the highway because I went over a large expansion joint on my motorcycle.
Old 05-25-2009, 01:45 AM
Android Convert
Pocket PC: Epic 4g

1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep1999TL is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to 1999TL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoman002 View Post
I'm wondering if the Igrip Custom Fit Holder for the ATT Fuze will work with the Sprint Touch Pro.
This one from HTC Depot
Probably the same one on Ebay
This one show it able to open and close in Landscape, but I dont think it really works that way

I wouldnt mind the foam sliding side ones for in my truck, but I'm looking for something for my motorcycle as well and I just dont trust the sliding style, I want something that clips my phone in.

How the holder mounts to my vehicles I will figure out, I just need something that holds the phone itself very very well as I dont want my $300 phone sliding down the highway because I went over a large expansion joint on my motorcycle.
I would like to know as well. At those prices, I dont mind picking up a car mount.
Old 05-25-2009, 10:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

Snoman002 is keeping up the good workSnoman002 is keeping up the good work

Just order this Ebay one, I'll post back when it show up and I get a chance to play with it. I also ordered a car chager (ho hum) and a 8gb card with usb adapter (woot) so I cant wait for my stuff to come in.

One thing I did notice is that I will need to drill a small hole for the camera to look through. I plan to mount the phone so it is facing straight forward so I can use the video camera if I need to record an accident, or perhaps a drunk driver. From the looks of it putting a small hole in the mount should be no big deal.
Old 05-25-2009, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero w/Fresh2.0b

mendez_v is a n00b
Unhappy Re: Looking for a car mount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 View Post
the biggest problem is a lot of you linked to Touch Pro models, but these are for GSM and the GSM version is slightly different dimensions so it wont fit into the slot. You have to be careful it is specifically for the CDMA version which is slightly taller and thicker.

proclip- they may be good but most of us dont want to spend $100 for some plastic even if it is the best one.

universals really are the best choice if you change phones you can still use it. Id hate to spend even $50 on one to have to get rid of with the next device. thats why i always use a universal one.

vent mounts- i had one but it blocks the AC in the summer time and (not that we use it here in FL) but the heat blasting on it cant be good for it on top of the heat problems it already has.
Regrading the universal a/c mount. I use one and had to find out the hard way that it WILL cause condensation to build up on your phone if you have the A/C running, especially if your phone is charging since the battery gets so damn hot. I went trought a Diamond that stared up acting funny(randomly powering off,powering while charing....and eventually never powered back on....) so i took it to Sprint and found out my water mark sticker was activated. Meaning water damage. So my only option was to order a replacement.After keeping an eye on my second Diamond i found out its water mark was activated..So to all the people out there using A/C vent mounts..consider my experience..
Old 05-25-2009, 11:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

I knew that was one of the risk when using a A/C vent mount, I do have one from the days of the 6700.....what I do is shut the vent down (small amount of air still leaks enough to cool the TP) or direct the air so that it will not hit the phone directly and to this day no water mark sticker activated, been doing this on the TP since Oct.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 05-26-2009, 12:38 AM
mabru2001

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

My sig has the dock I created.

I have never had any condensation build up on mine. but I think Ill take the precautions and place some tape over the sticker.
Old 09-23-2009, 09:08 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I just found the best possible car mount for the TP.

Here are some pics I just took:

Better yet, it came with an awesome car charger that has the HTC logo on it. It lights up when you plug it in!

How much? Lets see... $10 with free shipping!!

Here's the ebay link. It did come from China, so shipping took 1.5 weeks.

The flexible arm is pretty hard to bend, so it won't move while you're driving. It's hard to make it move when you want, but that's a good thing! The part that holds the phone is made out of a sturdy plastic. It doesn't feel cheat AT ALL. The suction cup has a latch too. Push it against the glass and press the latch and it'll be locked. Undo the latch and the suction will give out.

I have to say... this is BY FAR the best $10 I ever spent!
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro