PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 12:32 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Update 10/12/08] 3D GL Maps USING ACCELEROMETER!!! SDK Release

This is not my work, its Koush's over at xda...

But this app is gunna be WICKED! The panning and zooming is really smooth and also uses the accelerometer!

GL Maps - View your world in 3D - GSensor Enabled - SDK RELEASED (10/12/200

Well, Klaxon is pretty much complete except for a few bug fixes.

So, I'd been toying around with a new idea, a 3D Map viewer that is accelerometer enabled. That means you can turn your device and see other parts of the map. You need to try it to understand, it's very cool.
I got that done and started adding a couple things just to test it out. The Red "bubble" in the screenshot is where I live, and the buses are the real time locations of buses in Seattle.
I'll eventually be adding driving directions and search to this too.

Head over to my website for the CAB download.
I'll make a video shortly of this application, but you gotta try it out yourself for fun.

Upcoming VERY SOON
  • More Map types (traffic, satellite, terrain)
  • Directions Plugin
  • Search Plugin
Early Beta 10/12/2008
  • Fixed random crash bug.
  • Created GL Maps Plugin SDK
  • Created open source "standard" plugins
Link to Thread if you give him proper thanks: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=435300

I will update here when significant changes have been made.

Hope you Jewel Owners love this as much as i do!

Last edited by syanni85; 10-12-2008 at 10:27 PM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-11-2008, 04:39 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: 3D GL Maps USING ACCELEROMETER!!!

very nice brotherman! i like!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2008, 06:10 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

nice find, thanks.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:29 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

i think its a really cool proof of concept but little functional use. once you tilt the screen youre looking at it from an angle making it harder to view- it woldnt be useful in a car cradle for driving directions and such. Its a cool toy but i cant see it being particularly functional to have accelerometer tilting.

The map program itself seems nice- like a google maps with 3d view. Id like to see that developed into a new 3rd program to google and live search and drop the accelerometer tilting and just use a finger "spinnable" 3d view (kind of like igo8 )
Old 10-11-2008, 10:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Very nice, good find
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

I'm curious, how does the GSensor work the map? It would be cool if it did street view like the android.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Re: [Update 10/12/08] 3D GL Maps USING ACCELEROMETER!!! SDK Release

when you lay it flat on the table you get the "normal" view of google maps... but as you tilt your phone towards you the map begins to flatten out as if you're lookin down street!

no street view yet, but similar ideas are being popped out there, so take a look over at xda (linked in orig post) and see what they are sayin
Old 10-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

It won't work for regular mapping with zoom in or out in Toronto.
Old 10-12-2008, 10:43 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devileyezz View Post
It won't work for regular mapping with zoom in or out in Toronto.
i'm not a developer and never used an sdk but if you read the thread at xda, you can implement your own maps i believe..
Old 10-12-2008, 10:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
i'm not a developer and never used an sdk but if you read the thread at xda, you can implement your own maps i believe..
Yeah, as long as you have a web service that complements it. Toronto doesn't have such a service.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond