PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2008, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apache WM6.1 Build 20748 Kitchen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Is there a place where we can see what file goes where? It looks like BuildOS isn't seeing things where it expects to- likely because I've put the files in the wrong places.
Most of the files should go here: Program Files/PPCkitchen.org/BuildOS/Kitchens

The only thing that wouldn't go there would be the selections file, which goes: Program Files/PPCkitchen.org/BuildOS/Projects
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

davepmer is a n00b

Ok, for those of you that want the samsung 3d driver. I did get it to load only to discover that the build already has a 3d driver built in. I did test the samsung 3d driver compared with the built in 3d driver (yes two apaches side by side) and discovered there is no differance in proformance of the two drivers.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: verizon

davepmer is a n00b

Hey to make everyone wanting the samsung 3d driver really feel good, the file name for the samsung 3d driver's dll is D3DMXSc50PB.dll and so is the builds built in. Explains why they seem to have the same proformance.
Old 09-20-2008, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC 6700
Carrier: Sprint

Pir8Man is keeping up the good workPir8Man is keeping up the good work

I have been testing many installs to see whats what with this new build...

I re-updated to get the latest kitchen module that includes .Net Compact Framework 3.5 as part of the base install.
(I had already been using this from the PPCGeeks.rar and placed it in my USER_OEM folder. This solved many issues for me.)

I removed MODEMLINK from here: Apache_Core.rar\SYS\MODEMLINK
(solved a duplicate file error. no big deal.)

Here are my findings so far:

The Themes: 6.1 Graphics, Guava Bubbles, and Vista are pre-included in the core. I don't know if others like to switch themes, but I'd rather save rom space and only choose the one theme from the BuildOS that I will use.

HTC Task manager 2.1.34563.3 and 2.0.33547.1 do NOT work also... trusty old version 2.0.30487.1 works just fine.
(again this is pulled from an old copy of PPCGeeks.rar and placed in my USER_OEM folder) (can we get some radio buttons here? nobody uses more than one task manager.)

I have found that none of MS Voice Command operate. 1.6.19965, 1.6.19958, and 1.6.17913. I tried very basic installs with all of these and still found none of them to operate correctly. To further my testing, I went and installed my official release 1.60.4622.0. This failed as well.

Update:

Just like Lenny's Basekit 20273, the services.exe is taking 100% cpu. Replacing services.exe with the one in Helmi's 19716 kitchen solved my speed issues.

This also made MS Voice Command start working again! All four versions tested with the older services.exe appear to work.

Last edited by Pir8Man; 09-20-2008 at 08:54 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: EVO

edufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good workedufur is keeping up the good work

wait a minute. So you are saying that this latest re-update of 20748 brings back the services issue again? So the updated 20748 will make the initial 20748 even worse? I ran the updater and then launched BuildOS, but noticed the duplicate modem thing again... so I figure they really must not have updated much. but if what you are saying is true, then I shouldnt actually build my device again. oh well... i guess i will wait even more...
Old 09-20-2008, 09:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thats not what I said. the services.exe issue was not found in this kitchen (20748 ) before. I referenced an older kitchen (build 20273). I think the updated kitchen file only added .Net CF 3.5. it did not resolve the duplicate modemlink module. I assume that will be another update soon.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:42 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
Update:

Just like Lenny's Basekit 20273, the services.exe is taking 100% cpu. Replacing services.exe with the one in Helmi's 19716 kitchen solved my speed issues.

This also made MS Voice Command start working again! All four versions tested with the older services.exe appear to work.
Can you please help those of us who are slow to do this?
I finally found that by disabling my firewall, I could download everything- although I could only get a few items at a time, I got everything updated.

I tried inserting this file before, but it made the kitchen unusable.
Previous steps: I unRARed the files, copy/pasted "services.exe" from the previous kitchen and then reRARed the 20748 kitchen. The file structure wasn't identical, but I did find that file and it seemed to all work until I ran BuildOS.

I'm going to reflash with a 19716 build until this works properly for me.

When I try to load 19716, I get a whole bunch of files saying "Module not found" and none of them show up as available selections in the Kitchen. This is getting frustrating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg modulenotfound.JPG (250.8 KB, 17 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Trident; 09-21-2008 at 12:26 AM.
Old 09-20-2008, 11:59 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration
Threadstarter

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pir8Man View Post
I have been testing many installs to see whats what with this new build...

Thanks...I'll get those integrated/corrected over the weekend.

You are correct, the recent release only added the missing .NetCF3.5.
Old 09-21-2008, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
Can you please help those of us who are slow to do this?
I finally found that by disabling my firewall, I could download everything- although I could only get a few items at a time, I got everything updated.

I tried inserting this file before, but it made the kitchen unusable.
Previous steps: I unRARed the files, copy/pasted "services.exe" from the previous kitchen and then reRARed the 20748 kitchen. The file structure wasn't identical, but I did find that file and it seemed to all work until I ran BuildOS.

I'm going to reflash with a 19716 build until this works properly for me.
Open up Apache_Helmi_WM6.1.rar. then browse to /SYS/OS. in this folder you will find a folder called "services.exe". click and drag that folder to your desktop.

Then browse to C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\. Create a folder here called "Patches". Place the services.exe folder from your desktop in the new folder at C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Patches\.

Finally, open up your selextions file in the Projects folder and add following to it:
PatchDir=C:\Program Files\PPCkitchen.org\BuildOS\Patches

that will pick up the patch folder and apply it when you build a rom with that selections file.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-21-2008, 01:01 AM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident

Holy crud this is fast.
But I still can't get it to sync.
Trying by resetting while connected (which is usually the time that it WON'T connect from past experience)
Connected.... (selected all but OneNote)
Looking for changes...
Synchronizing!!!!!
Wheeeeeee.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development