PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2008, 10:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: VX6800 - HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

Musturd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up PocketC Editor/Compiler Runs ON ppc

If you don't want to read the story (which I suggest all of you do read)
Download the attatchment, and the "For PocketC Software," here:
http://www.orbworks.com/wince/
But read the story:

OK, first of all I am a programmer (or am trying to be anyway), and I am sure that many of you all are too. I had heard of PocketC, a C compiler that runs completely on the pocket pc, but when I had tried to download it I ran into one problem, and after fixing that problem, ran into another problem. I spent about five hours figuring out how to get a copy of PocketC (it is old).

I ended finding this website:
http://www.orbworks.com/wince/
Which is the original site of PocketPC
The "For Developer's program," which one needs if he wants to write any C, contained a dead link.
BTW: if you are not just reading this post for the hell of it, and actually want PocketC, download the "For PocketC Software Users"

I spent about an hour thinking of how to access this, when I realized that Google has websites that die in its Cache (not exactly sure how this works, but it does). So I googled, accesing google cache (or something of that nature), and I didn't find how to do this. But I found:
http://www.archive.org/index.php
Which is a website used to access dead internet pages
I had the URL of the PocketC "For Developer's program," so I entered that in, and I had access to the file.

After downloading the .zip file, I could not unzip it.
It gave me an error, saying that the file was corrupt. I knew that there must be a way to access the contents of a .zip file that is corrupted, so I googled around and found a program that fixes corrupt .zip files (and is free ). Finally, when I "fixed" the .zip file I could access the .exe, which when run on Windows, it will be sent to your PocketPC the next time you connect your PocketPC into your computer.

I am very proud of myself
Anyway, here is the file that I slaved over recovering:
Attached Files
File Type: zip pkc_pocketpc_fixed.zip (830.1 KB, 31 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC 6800
Carrier: Bell

the92playboy is just getting started
Re: PocketC Editor/Compiler Runs ON ppc

Cool! Nice work.
Old 05-22-2008, 12:51 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Re: PocketC Editor/Compiler Runs ON ppc

Cool, Im learning how to use Visual Basic at school, and soon Ill begin learning C programing. I hope I can get some good use out of this progam on my 700wx. Thanks for the work.
Old 05-22-2008, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo 700wx/800w/HTC TP/TP2/HD2
Carrier: Sprint/Tmobile

Improve is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on repImprove is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Improve
Question Re: PocketC Editor/Compiler Runs ON ppc

Ok so I have been looking all over the place to see if there is a Visual Basic05/PPC compiler. I cant find anything of much use out there. most people say it wont work. Any ideas or info any one can offer. Thanks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software