PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 01:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul HTC 6800
Carrier: CricKet

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

I hit the cricket drop down, I dont know why but the thread title doesnt specify CricKet. Maybe a mod can fix that for me.

These Settings are obviously for Cricket users only. I have received many PMs regarding my settings to get my True MMS working. Some of this has been posted before, however information on how to increase your send and receive limits to 1000K hasn’t. If you haven’t already done so, these settings are allot easier to do if you have already flashed the phone to a Cricket Rom, some of this stuff will be done for you. If we can get Vetvito to write this information into his Roms, they would all be preconfigured. Obviously all of these settings have been changed with some type of registry editor.

Phone: Sprint Mogul /HTC 6800 family
Radio 3.37.20 ROM version Vv6.1 (Vetvitos Black Pill) Alltel Version 3.35.671.9
CE OS 5.2.19199 (Build 19209.1.0.0 dcd)

The settings are as follows.
Credit Goes to Im1badazchick for originally sharing these settings with me. If you have questions please post to this thread. Please DO NOT! PM Im1badazchick to death.

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1 Default Setting Cricket MMS and Change WAP default Port 1&2 to 8080 and WAP Default Time Out to 10000

HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS Ensure Gateway Port is 8080 ISP is Cricket MMS, MmscURI is set to http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms , Name is Cricket MMS, Ensure the next 4 settings WAP1RecvDefault Size, WAP1Send WAP2 Recv and WAP2 Send are set to 1024000 WAPType to 1 (WAPType to 1 Ensures WAP 2.0)
WspHeader Accept: application/vnd.wap.multipart.related
X-Cricket-MDN this is your 10digit cell number (this might say X-Verizon or X-Sprint Change the value name to X-Cricket-MDN) Value Data 555-555-5555 < of course put in your own phone number no dashes.
Under UI\Domain http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
Under UI\SizeLimit WAP1RecvLimit 1,2,3 set everything on that page (12 settings in all) 1024000 (this is part of your 1000K send and receive limit)

HKLM /software/arcsoft mms ua/config/UI
find EnableServerEdit and change it from 0 to 1

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Int ernet Settings Where it says Connections, Delete that entire string Hold down stylus on Connections circle it and delete it, This is what keeps the MMS from sending. Bad thing is every time you open explorer it re-writes this registry. To solve that many of us have just used something else besides Explorer. Like Opera, Firefox Mobile or Skyfire.

You can still use these browsers without writing the Connections Value. If you don’t want to use anything but Explorer, you are going to have to go into this registry file and delete the Connections string every time to send MMS or until someone comes up with a registry hack to Auto delete this value every time you close IE …Close Regedit.

Now go to your messages and click menu/MMS options and then click server and click add new. Add new or if you already have one called something else just click it and click edit...you need to change these settings to

Server Name Cricket
Gateway leave blank
Port Number 8080
Server address http://mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
Connect Via Cricket MMS
Sending limit (should be 1024000 if you changed these settings correctly in regedit)
Wap version Wap 2.0 (Wap 2.0 should be pre selected, if it is don’t touch it. If it keeps reverting back to 1.2 when you click close? Go back into regedit and select WapType 1 as mentioned previously, this forces it into WAP 2.0 without it MMS won’t work.) Now if you have more than 1 select the cricket one you just configured and hit set as default then go back to HKLM\Software\Arcsoft\Arcsoft MMS UA\Config\MM1\MMSCSetting\Cricket MMS and delete the other configuration, when you go back into settings CricKet should be the only one there and it should be default.

Start\Settings\Connections\Connections Under the General Tab Enter Cricket. Under the Modem Tab put in Cricket Mobile Web select modem to cellular line. Click next put in #777 to dial to Cricket, click next… User Name: your10digitcellnumber@mycricket.com Password: cricket Domain: Leave Blank, click finish…under proxy settings, check these 2 boxes (this network connects to the internet, and this network uses a proxy server to connect to the internet) Proxy Server: wap.mycricket.com click advanced. The only thing with a value should be HTTP wap.mycricket.com:8080 the rest blank. Click ok and ok again, this ok should bring you back to the connections screen at the bottom click advanced. Click select networks. Under both drop downs select Cricket. Click Ok Go into Exceptions Click add new URL for each of the following settings you are going to need to click add new url again, these don’t all go under one “Add new URL” Block

*mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
*.mms.mycricket.com/servlets/mms
*mycricket.com/
*.mycricket.com/
*.mms.mycricket.com/
*mms.mycricket.com/

Then Soft Reset. If you flash a rom (like the black pill) this will wipe all of these settings and you are going to have to re-enter everything all over again.

Additional credit: Vetvito for his Roms, Im1badazchick for help with her settings, all of the CricKet Mafia guys, Moo, Random, Amoamare, Healthman, Berry_lthird Badutahboy Vetvito over at HoFo And last but not least I would like to thank the Search button.

Obviously if these settings were any kind of help and you have over 50 posts please hit the Green Thanks Button

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 05-17-2008 at 03:09 PM.
This post has been thanked 70 times.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

Great Write up Lime
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-06-2008, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Limegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regularLimegrntaln is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by im1badazchick View Post
Great Write up Lime
Thanks, Let me know if I'm missing anything, I know you get people asking you about this subject all the time, now instead of writing and writing you can post the link and be done with it.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 03:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6700
Carrier: cricket

kaprise01 is just getting started
Re: Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

aye lime that shyt worked perfectly i been lokkin for dis info for a while thanks i agree that info should get wrote into the kitchen for cricket users
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 04:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

im1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regularim1badazchick is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Cricket Complete MMS/WAP Settings (change file send/rec size limit included)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaprise01 View Post
aye lime that shyt worked perfectly i been lokkin for dis info for a while thanks i agree that info should get wrote into the kitchen for cricket users
yes it should and this is for the version that most people have the problem with...version 5 of arcsoft(which is easy if you know what you are doing)...you can also apply the same basic settings to the other versions of arcsoft for cricket...i have always used them for arcsoft 3(that comes standard in some titans) and version 4..i have even used my settings on a friends apache(xv6700) that has the oem verizon rom(3.3 or something) on it with their version of arcsoft and his works flawlessly for vids and pics and i also increased it to 1000k for sending and receiving and his is with cricket too
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

You should probably give credit to the folks at howardforums who figured these settings out... Amoamare, Healthman, Berry_lthird, me... and everyone else who was involved in creating full functionality for the 6700 and 6800 on cricket. Most of the current contributor to the cricket world are NOT the same folks who figured out how to make these phones work on cricket..
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

thanks to Amoamare,Healthman, Berry_lthird, Badutahboy and everyone else ..hope that helps and i hope that i didn't forget anyone else...if i did i apologize but some of the settings i use are not the ones that they used...a few i added myself but i will say thanks for what they contributed to get this device working on cricket(smile) and i bought the device and payed to have it flashed so i didn't know who did what...i only saved the registry settings from the first flash that i had and incoporated some of my own things along with those because it was a lil iffy on the mms part and that was arcsoft version 3 something ..this is mostly for version 5 and requires a little more tweaking than that other version so again thanks for your contribution badutahboy

Last edited by im1badazchick; 05-09-2008 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-09-2008, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
Additional credit: Vetvito for his Roms, Im1badazchick for help with her settings, all of the CricKet Mafia guys, Moo, Random, Etc.. And last but not least I would like to thank the Search button.

Obviously if these settings were any kind of help and you have over 50 posts please hit the Green Thanks Button
I will quote myself badutahboy. Its in there, and un edited. I have thanked them from the beginning. I will always give credit where credit is due

EDIT: Updated the credits... Thank you Badutahboy

Last edited by Limegrntaln; 05-09-2008 at 11:52 PM.
Old 05-10-2008, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

badutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good workbadutahboy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Limegrntaln View Post
I will quote myself badutahboy. Its in there, and un edited. I have thanked them from the beginning. I will always give credit where credit is due

EDIT: Updated the credits... Thank you Badutahboy
Whoops, my apologies... I wasn't looking for a specific mention.. I just missed that you had thanked anyone other than badazzchick...

I'm sorry!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-10-2008, 03:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by badutahboy View Post
Whoops, my apologies... I wasn't looking for a specific mention.. I just missed that you had thanked anyone other than badazzchick...

I'm sorry!
LOL you saw my name but missed everyone else lol...i was second and possibly because i helped Lime...when others would shout SEARCH SEARCH lol either way have a great weekend BadUthahBoy
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan