PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-27-2008, 04:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro
Carrier: Sprint

edbro is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: NEW 2.31 Unlocker for Custom Roms on Vogue (sprint touch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red49er View Post
I believe the step you are missing is unplugging and replugging your device after disabling usb sync in activesync. Then your pc should recognize it and the port should be open for titan_exitbl to talk to it.
No, I'm talking about the very end after the Update Utilty runs. I did disconnect/reconnect at the 3 color screen. At the very end the update batch file says:
Code:
If you would just like to exit the bootloader disable USB connections in
Activesync now.  The next and final step will run titan_exitbl.exe.
####
*** Repeat: You MUST manually disable USB connections in Activesync (wmdc)
How does the titan_exitble run after you disconnect the usb sync? The Update Util has just rebooted the machine.

Last edited by edbro; 04-27-2008 at 04:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

Rebooted your machine, or the phone? All titan_exitbl does is make the phone reboot and exits the bootloader. I'm pretty sure in the past I had trouble getting that step to run properly and I've done a softreset to achieve the affect.
Old 04-27-2008, 05:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

edbro is a n00b

Reboots the phone. When I finish the Rom Update Util it will automatically reboot the phone. Then I return to the batch file as per the instructions and press any key to continue. Then it says the next step is to disable usb and then titan_exitbl will run. But, the phone is already rebooting. Is that the way it is supposed to work?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch

Red49er is keeping up the good workRed49er is keeping up the good work

Yeah, I'm pretty sure thats all normal. I think when the method was developed for the titan, it was more necessary, but most vogues handle the ruu fine without the added step. If your phone boots up and in the about page says the name of the rom you flashed, then it was successful.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:07 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The exit bootloader is only applicable if your phone got stuck in bootloader. It is a good idea to put your phone back in bootloader manually if you didn't get stuck there to test that you have the right SPL version (2.31 etc.) but if you boot into wm the exit bootloader step isn't needed.

It communicates with your bootloader though so it doesn't use activesync. That is the design.
Old 04-27-2008, 09:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue

sawce is a n00b

I tried unlocking my phone, followed all the on screen directions. Now I'm trying to test if it worked so I hold the camera+power button+soft reset button at the same time, and the phone reboots itself. This isn't good, right? Wonder where I went wrong... I already tried unlocking it twice. No errors or anything.

edit: Nevermind, you had to *hold* the soft reset button, not just quickly hit it

Last edited by sawce; 04-27-2008 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:29 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mark Larson is a n00b

Could someone help me out? I'm trying to get my Sprint Touch working with the GPS/Rev A ROM as per this thread but am having issues with the first step, that is the unlocking process.

Basically, my screen never goes beyond 2.00 to display 2.31. What exactly am I supposed to do when it displays the tri-color screen and asks me to disconnect and reconnect the device, and when do I do the camera+power button+reset thing? It goes into the RUU loader program after that step, but I'm not supposed to flash a ROM before it displays 2.31 right?

Totally lost here...

Last edited by Mark Larson; 04-28-2008 at 06:33 AM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:43 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Touch PRO 2! Touch Pro, Touch, Mogul, 6700
Threadstarter

ImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIPImCoKeMaN is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The next step only flashes the hard SPL that actually does the unlocking. It will not flash a different rom. Just follow the instructions completely and power camera reset can be used at the end to make sure you have the right 2.31 fully flashed to the device.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:33 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Mark Larson is a n00b

Thank you so much. I thought it would flash a ROM, but it worked great. Thanks!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

KingGanon is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to KingGanon

i did this and it worked fine, cause i've flashed the titan before so i knew what i was doing. my only problem is that after i flashed, when the phone rebooted after the configuration, i started getting text messages from one of the short codes, 9130, and it hasn't stopped, it happens about every half hour. this didn't happen b4 the flash, and i wasn't doing anything on my phone before flashing. has anyone else had a problem like this?

p.s i even contacted sprint (my carrier) so that they can block it and supposedly they did but its still going on.

Check Out GameFly

RIP Sprint Mogul: 3/3/08
Hello Sprint Touch
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development