PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2008, 11:30 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: this one
Carrier: Carrier

insol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Verizon VX6900 - Altell ROM

I just flashed my Verizon VX6900 (living life on the edge), using the notes in sticky Sprint AllTel ROM GPS Working thread. Everything went smoothly. Things worked pretty good. Phone came right back up. I tried calling myself from another phone... it rang... then hung up (hmmm, odd... lil nervous now).... tried again, same thing (crap crap crap)... decided to try calling out... "Could not authenticate your phone..." CAAAAAHHHRRRRAAAAP.

but wait... I have seen this before when activation fails (I had a hacked sprint 650 cut over to Verizon way back when)... NEway called VZ cust support, got the technician... he had me dial #2539... and found the phone... reactivated... and things seemed to be working.... calls... internet (have not yet done perf testing on that tho to check Rev A). WHOOO! feeling good now... Installed google maps... took a walk out onto the deck and waited about 3 minutes.... no satellite (BOOOOO)

uninstalling GPSenable right now... and rebooting. Headed back to the deck when I finish writing this. Will do a Internet speed test too while I'm out.

EDIT:
Ok... not good. Was weird tho. When I turned on Google Maps GPS it never linked up with a satellite... BUT I got the little blue dot that Google uses to mark your position... although it threw the map to Raleigh Durham, NC. I'm not even in that state. Also it said GPS active... even though it did not show any count of satellites (0). Dunno WTF. Anyway going to try another GPS package now and see if things get any better.

I have Google Navigator, GPS Tuner, and GPS Speed Sentry going to start with Google navigator.

Getting 836kbps/sec in my basement with no bars! EVDO REV A (ahhh... and it does feel good). Used the 1MB file test from dslreports.com/mspeed. Headed out to test GPS now.

Last edited by insol; 04-25-2008 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZW

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work
Re: Verizon VX6900 - Altell ROM

i am also on verizon.. i did the same thing ran the alltel flash this morning.. screwed up and forgot to shutdown while customizing so i ended up not being able to connect to the internet or call out.. so i continued on and just flashed to the 6.1 jak's rom, which is pretty amazing, but i still was in alltell mode. whenever i tried to call out i got a message saying that verizon couldnt recognize my phone and i had to call #8899 for tech support.. i did that and played dumb saying it just stopped calling out.. he said it would be fixed by the time i hung up.. he was right my internet and calls/text started working again. so i went to test google maps and windows live search... it quickly picked up that i was near falls lake in north carolina.. wierd.. since im in va and it said (0) satelites.. so i just left it be and went on with life for a while.. i decided then to try it out again recently i went in the middle of the street waited about 5 mins and boomm 7 sats and exact position of where i was .. both worked perfect..
Old 04-26-2008, 12:01 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

insol is a n00b

Great, maybe if I give it some more time... I too am in VA and it thought I was near Raleigh-Durham NC. Pretty happy so far though... Can you run a test? When I went into the google config-->GPS and put in com4 and 4800 it said no hardware found. Do you get the same thing?

Heheheh I wonder how many VZ tech support guys are getting that call tonite... with all the dumb peple saying "Dunno it just stopped calling." My tech support guy actually asked if I had hard rebooted or updated my phone.. . Of course I was like no (smh) , it just stopped, was working ok earlier.

EDIT: It owuld seem patience is the word of the day... just went back out used GPS Speed Sentry 2 minutes.. linked up with satellites and got good data. WHOOO!

Last edited by insol; 04-26-2008 at 12:19 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 12:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: vogue
Carrier: verizon

ROKWELL is just getting started

thanks for the update guys! you both are brave souls! lol
Old 04-26-2008, 12:43 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

insol is a n00b

Ok This is great... now Im even getting satellites in my basement.... again using GPS Speed sentry
Old 04-26-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

soccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good worksoccerman821 is keeping up the good work

yea i can get satelites anywhere now.. ive just been messing with some apps.. ive got everything running no problems at all.. the only thing i do have problems with is picture msgs.. i can recieve/download them but when i open them it just shows the pic msg info. its wierd.

and i left the gmaps on auto on manual i do get no gps warning
Old 04-26-2008, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerman821 View Post
i am also on verizon.. i did the same thing ran the alltel flash this morning.. screwed up and forgot to shutdown while customizing so i ended up not being able to connect to the internet or call out.. so i continued on and just flashed to the 6.1 jak's rom, which is pretty amazing, but i still was in alltell mode. whenever i tried to call out i got a message saying that verizon couldnt recognize my phone and i had to call #8899 for tech support.. i did that and played dumb saying it just stopped calling out.. he said it would be fixed by the time i hung up.. he was right my internet and calls/text started working again. so i went to test google maps and windows live search... it quickly picked up that i was near falls lake in north carolina.. wierd.. since im in va and it said (0) satelites.. so i just left it be and went on with life for a while.. i decided then to try it out again recently i went in the middle of the street waited about 5 mins and boomm 7 sats and exact position of where i was .. both worked perfect..
can you direct me to the 6.1 JAK Rom? thanks. fyi, i flashed the alltel ROM and got GPS to work very well with Garmin Mobile XT.
Old 04-26-2008, 01:12 AM
No charge for Awesomeness
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Musicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIPMusicman247 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post
can you direct me to the 6.1 JAK Rom? thanks. fyi, i flashed the alltel ROM and got GPS to work very well with Garmin Mobile XT.
Click on the QLinks button at the top of the page.

Then click FTP Upload/Download

Go to Vogue, then Users

JD's ROM is called gpstest2.1.rar it's not in his folder for some reason.

Spread the thanks! Click http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/images/but...ost_thanks.gif if someone helps you!
Old 04-26-2008, 01:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cortez View Post

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=571

took me a lil while to track that down..
Old 04-26-2008, 03:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Desire (Telstra) / at&t Nexus One
Carrier: at&t

cortez is becoming a great contributor

thanks guys! got 6.1 running w/GPS. i'm good to go!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue