PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2008, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6700
Carrier: Sprint

djheir is keeping up the good workdjheir is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Question about MyMobiler

Is it possible to do an IP Connection over the internet (not WIFI) using MyMobiler? I ask because if I open MyMobiler on the device, it shows the "Mobile IP" address and says "Not Connected". Then, if hit "Connect IP" on my pc and enter the "Mobile IP" address from my phone, it will try to connect but then close. If I open MyMobiler on my phone again, it now says "Connected" and lists a Desktop IP address. So it looks like somethings changed but it won't connect.

Sidenote: I tried to ping the mobile ip address from my pc and it timed out. Just curious if this is possible.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:11 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: 6800 (Mogul)

scotbotmosh is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to scotbotmosh
Re: Question about MyMobiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by djheir View Post
Is it possible to do an IP Connection over the internet (not WIFI) using MyMobiler? I ask because if I open MyMobiler on the device, it shows the "Mobile IP" address and says "Not Connected". Then, if hit "Connect IP" on my pc and enter the "Mobile IP" address from my phone, it will try to connect but then close. If I open MyMobiler on my phone again, it now says "Connected" and lists a Desktop IP address. So it looks like somethings changed but it won't connect.

Sidenote: I tried to ping the mobile ip address from my pc and it timed out. Just curious if this is possible.

If you open a commpand prompt and do an arp /a this will show you recent IP addresses that your pc has talked to. I use MyMobiler and my ppc IP address comes up as 169.254.2.1 (actually I can ping this address when active sync connects, even before MyMobiler is connected) I can ping my ppc just fine.

I do notice that some apps don't like to work while I am connected at work. My work has a pretty brutal firewall and blocks alot of sites..so I use my phone to get to what I want but still there are a few apps that won't work while I am docked, and the network monitor that I have on my pc also shows how much data my phone is transferring, which I thought was really odd...
Old 03-05-2008, 10:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by djheir View Post

What version of MyMobiler are you using?
The latest is 1.21 (Build 80210.017)

Check http://www.mymobiler.com

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
Old 03-05-2008, 01:36 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Pro2, EVO 4G

toviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartoviaheli is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to toviaheli Send a message via MSN to toviaheli Send a message via Yahoo to toviaheli Send a message via Skype™ to toviaheli

This has been something I've wondered about as well. I've never been able to connect using IP connect except when my ppc is connected via USB to my computer.

So this really can work to connect remotely without having a usb connection? Can someone please confirm and provide instructions?

Thanks!

The Book of GOD: Helping Spiritual orphans know God their Father completely!
The New Book by TOV ROSE www.TovRose.com
Get it now on Amazon.com: http://www.createspace.com/3582133
Old 03-05-2008, 02:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scotbotmosh View Post
If you open a commpand prompt and do an arp /a this will show you recent IP addresses that your pc has talked to. I use MyMobiler and my ppc IP address comes up as 169.254.2.1 (actually I can ping this address when active sync connects, even before MyMobiler is connected) I can ping my ppc just fine.

I do notice that some apps don't like to work while I am connected at work. My work has a pretty brutal firewall and blocks alot of sites..so I use my phone to get to what I want but still there are a few apps that won't work while I am docked, and the network monitor that I have on my pc also shows how much data my phone is transferring, which I thought was really odd...
I tried that and when I tried to connect to the IP address that came up (which were different than what MyMobiler shows as my Mobile IP when I open MyMobiler on my device).

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post

Yup, that's the build I'm on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toviaheli View Post
This has been something I've wondered about as well. I've never been able to connect using IP connect except when my ppc is connected via USB to my computer.

So this really can work to connect remotely without having a usb connection? Can someone please confirm and provide instructions?

Thanks!
I've been able to connect through WIFI very easily. Make sure MyMobiler is installed on your phone and then go into Programs and click MyMobiler (for some reason, sometimes I have to click it twice and close whatever I've got open to see it). There, it should tell you what the current mobile IP address is (your address should be similar to your desktop IP address, assuming you've turned your WIFI on and are connected to your router). Then, on your desktop, right click on MyMobiler in the system tray and hit "IP Connect". Enter the IP address that was shown on your device and you should be connected.
Old 03-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

If you are trying to do it from outside your network, you will most likely need to forward some ports in your router. I don't know what ports this uses. Try hooking your PC direct to your modem. Get it's IP. Then using your cellular data connection, try to connect My-Mobiler. I would think it would work if no router is in the way.

Projects: (PeraStats 1.7) (PeraCount with Clock 1.3) (PeraCount 1.3) (PeraProfiler 1.2) (S2U2Lock 1.1)
Old 03-05-2008, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6700Yuma View Post
If you are trying to do it from outside your network, you will most likely need to forward some ports in your router. I don't know what ports this uses. Try hooking your PC direct to your modem. Get it's IP. Then using your cellular data connection, try to connect My-Mobiler. I would think it would work if no router is in the way.
My router and modem are one box
Old 03-05-2008, 05:32 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Perasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIPPerasite is a VIP

That sucks... maybe someone who has a seperate router and modem could try it to confirm my theory. If it works, then you'd just have to figure out what port(s) to forward.
Old 02-17-2009, 09:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Treo Pro

overcellular is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPCFreak View Post

On GPRS network you cannot access the mobile phone.
If you need to do so, you'd better use a Mobile VPN on your phone or something like EveryWAN Remote Support Pro (not the free version which does only Cable/Bluetooth)
Old 06-22-2009, 11:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

why not setup hamachi on the PC and the PPC?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software