PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2009, 05:41 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: keeping all:HTC6800+Touch Pro+TouchHD+Touch Pro2X2
Carrier: ORANGE

Maan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on repMaan76 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch pro 2 Gel/silicone case

I looked everywhere , and I could not find any good silicone/gel case , the only one I found , returned my search as one of our geeks in ppcgeeks did not recommend it . cause it does not fit right.

any idea ?
Old 12-09-2009, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2
Carrier: Sprint

Knuxr is just getting started
Re: Touch pro 2 Gel/silicone case

I tend to avoid Gel cases as they attract pocket lint like crazy, I would suggest something like Zagg full body protectors or even a hard plastic case.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-09-2009, 06:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

That was me that suggested not to get it. BTW, it is the new style smooth gel silicone, not that old sticky stuff. It actually is a nice material, but I contacted the maker (in Hong Kong) and he says that he has not released the CDMA version yet but plans to very soon. I, by accident, purchased the GSM version and the back didn't fit well.
Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G - Stock 2.2

Knuxr is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvandyck7 View Post
That was me that suggested not to get it. BTW, it is the new style smooth gel silicone, not that old sticky stuff. It actually is a nice material, but I contacted the maker (in Hong Kong) and he says that he has not released the CDMA version yet but plans to very soon. I, by accident, purchased the GSM version and the back didn't fit well.
Hmm I will have to try this one.. I do like how they feel when I get them but a week later they are full of lint and extremely rubbery (best way I can describe it)
Old 12-10-2009, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo LTE

subzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuffsubzero1313 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to subzero1313 Send a message via MSN to subzero1313 Send a message via Yahoo to subzero1313

I didn't even think they could make gel cases for slider phones. Hows that work? How do they stay on and allow the KB to open?
Old 12-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Moto Droid 2
Carrier: Verizon

tvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartvandyck7 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Yes, the material is similar to a kids "jelly bracelet or shoes", if you know what I'm talking about. It doesn't get all rubbery like the sticky silicone we are used to. It is almost like a soft plastic material,that's much tougher and smoother and it's not hard enough to scratch your phone.
It comes in 2 pieces. One that surrounds the faceplate and one that covers the back. They are pretty much the same as the snap on hard cases, except for the material is pliable and won't scratch or leave marks.

Here's the link: http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item1c0de28f13

THIS IS FOR GSM MODELS, NOT CDMA! Hopefully the manufacturer will make the CDMA version soon. I have this one and the back part does't fit my CDMA phone well. I didn't know it was for GSM only when I purchased it.

Last edited by tvandyck7; 12-10-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

slipstreamv2 is a n00b

Hi tvandyck7,

I've been searching for a case the last week or so. I'm thinking about the $30 Seido Innocase, but not sure if I want to spend that much on a case. I saw this thread, and I noticed they now have one for Sprint/Verizon/CDMA TP2s (link below) - I'm hoping they actually fit better. I'm assuming that since it's harder plastic (when you say it like shoes, are you referring to the bottem outer rubber soles of running shoes?), it won't pick up lint like crazy?

If anyone has gotten this (from this seller? or elsewhere), and could provide more info on it, that would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item19b961da93

Last edited by slipstreamv2; 03-13-2010 at 11:11 AM.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

HTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuffHTC_TP knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipstreamv2 View Post
I saw this thread, and I noticed they now have one for Sprint/Verizon/CDMA TP2s (link below) - I'm hoping they actually fit better. I'm assuming that since it's harder plastic (when you say it like shoes, are you referring to the bottem outer rubber soles of running shoes?), it won't pick up lint like crazy?

If anyone has gotten this (from this seller? or elsewhere), and could provide more info on it, that would be great.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Soft-Skin-Silico...item19b961da93
I ordered this exact one(gray color) and received it last week, so I have now used it for a week and can quantify the following:

*Excellent fit on the phone, does not move once applied. Does NOT impede when using full keyboard, or tilt.
*Does NOT attract dust/lint when in pocket(this was my big concern).
*Buttons(Power, volume rockers) still very usable with the case on the phone.
*Proper cutouts for mics so there is no problem when using the phone as speakerphone.
*Stylus is a little more difficult to remove because it's now more in a "cavity", but my stylus use is limited so it's not a big deal to me.

I received a number of positive remarks from coworkers concerning the overall appearance when they noticed I had different case on the phone. Overall, I highly recommend this case...I was pleasantly surprised when I put it on my phone, for $13 you really can't go wrong.

I hope the above helps....
Old 03-13-2010, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by subzero1313 View Post
I didn't even think they could make gel cases for slider phones. Hows that work? How do they stay on and allow the KB to open?
it is a 2 part case and they are attached by a thin piece of hard plastic. the case slides with the phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2