PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Sprint

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New sprint oem rom!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
Agreed, looks like they broke tethering with this release. That was my one concern...silly of them. My suspicion was heightened by the fact that they are so adamant that one not try to reflash an earlier ROM. As soon as I change ForceCellConnection, it changes back. Good catch, thanks for bringing that up.

I used the tethering fix cab that I used before and it works just fine. Been using it all day. It's called "Internet Sharing FIX.cab" I may be able to email it if you can't find it.
Old 09-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fozmsu View Post
I used the tethering fix cab that I used before and it works just fine. Been using it all day. It's called "Internet Sharing FIX.cab" I may be able to email it if you can't find it.
My suspicion is not that tethering won't work. It's that tethering without being charged tethering data charges (per kb/mb) won't work. I suspect, if you used a cab or entered the same registry edits that I and others have been using on the TP for a very long time, that your connection is being switched from "Sprint" back to "Phone as Modem". Check your registry and let me know.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:17 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: New OEM Sprint rom V. 2.01.651.6

Quote:
Originally Posted by HB View Post
I suppose i missed all the noob business, we are here to get this OEM better. I am still looking for the ICS reg edit to stick. Other than that, yes battery seems better and phone lot cooler. I Havent done much talking but lot of data,install, soft resets,tethering abuse....TP seems cool. I noticed some processes dont show up in Task mgr!!!to be investigated still...i had sounds on I didnt even know what friggin player was on ...lol...
true, many process ive noticed, Opera, Pandora to name a couple stay open in the background and do not appear on the Task manager, regardless memory consumption is ~40% while running both apps
Old 09-28-2009, 05:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy SIII

fozmsu is keeping up the good workfozmsu is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
My suspicion is not that tethering won't work. It's that tethering without being charged tethering data charges (per kb/mb) won't work. I suspect, if you used a cab or entered the same registry edits that I and others have been using on the TP for a very long time, that your connection is being switched from "Sprint" back to "Phone as Modem". Check your registry and let me know.

I used it all day yesterday and it is still working. If they caught it and charge me, I wont know until my next bill or two. If that happens, I will post on it. To me though, it sounded as if they couldnt get it to work at all. If that is the case, I am just stating that it can be done.
Old 09-28-2009, 07:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Htc EVO 3D™

kaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on repkaos is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i dumped this to ruu folder if anyone wants it.. also changed page pool with hex editior to be 24mb from stock 16....

if anyone is interested...here it is...

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/284998314/HTC_Touch_Pro__Sprint_-SprintTouchProMR2.01.651.rar
password : kaos

Phone:
Sprint EVO 3D Rom:Kaos Hybrid 4.20 V8 Radio: 0.97 Storage Card: Micro 32GB SDHC

Old 09-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

cansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuffcansofspam knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nagual View Post
Another happy fix in this ROM is that Call Announce through Voice Command finally works properly without tweaks...

...But, "properly" is relative: I had Voice Command settings under Notifications button to "Announce notifications using Bluetooth hands free only" with "Only during free time" (a setting I don't understand) checked - yet, with my BT headset powered on and working it still came out of the phone's speaker.

I unchecked the "Only during free time" box in the hopes that will help, but haven't been able to test if it's helped yet. Any advice?
I could be wrong, but I believe this is in reference to your calendar. Just like you can set your ringer to "automatic" where it just rings when you don't have something scheduled and marked as "busy". I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing that it is the same here.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cansofspam View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe this is in reference to your calendar. Just like you can set your ringer to "automatic" where it just rings when you don't have something scheduled and marked as "busy". I haven't tried it, but I'm guessing that it is the same here.
I beleive it is reference to if you are in call or on internet and not calendar.
Old 09-28-2009, 08:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Fio316a is a n00b

Has anyone experienced issues with the new ROM? I'm finding that I am unable to select multiple emails in order to delete them and WM no longer marks a txt msg as read when you reply.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:43 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Dude, for whatever reason they came up with a new option for that. Go to your Menu, hit Select, you get three options: All, several,.... not bad it is just a matter of getting used to it. so far i am loking for the ics hack to stick, I am sure we will find a way.....
Old 09-28-2009, 09:53 AM
morsus mihi
Pocket PC: iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

schettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIPschettj is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Nope its calendar. "Mark as Busy" is an option when scheduling a meeting

The idea here is, VC will do no announce *at all* if you are in a meeting.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro > CDMA TP Development